smeeze

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

4 minutes ago, ree10 said:

Shouldn’t Chubb also be on this list?

Joe Mixon as well, especially when AJG comes back

Good showing last night against a really tough D.  Only matchup left on his slate that concerns me is @CHI.

1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

Good showing last night against a really tough D.  Only matchup left on his slate that concerns me is @CHI.

it is going to be interesting to see how they do the next couple of weeks against ATL and ARI if Bakhairi is out.  i know i won't be looking forward to week 15 for either Jones or Rodgers if he is still out at that time

• Like 2

Benched him for M. Mack due to the matchup. Not doing that again. Thankfully it didn't cost me.

Schedule looks pretty good. AZ followed by ATL look great. I'm not even sure I'd sit him @CHI considering what Blount just did. May not sit for me the rest of the season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Benched him for M. Mack due to the matchup. Not doing that again. Thankfully it didn't cost me.

Schedule looks pretty good. AZ followed by ATL look great. I'm not even sure I'd sit him @CHI considering what Blount just did. May not sit for me the rest of the season.

Yup, me neither unless Gordon comes back or I like my WR flex match up better. If Det can move the ball against chi to give Blount opportunities in the redzone. Even with how inaccurate rodgers seems to be, the rodgers/adams connection will get them there too.

20 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Yup, me neither unless Gordon comes back or I like my WR flex match up better. If Det can move the ball against chi to give Blount opportunities in the redzone. Even with how inaccurate rodgers seems to be, the rodgers/adams connection will get them there too.

difference is that DET/CHI stayed relatively close till the very end. which afforded DET the option to dink and dunk and grind out the game and wear down the CHI line,  Blount did almost nothing in the first half of that game all the damage came in the second half.   Jones may not be afforded the same chance if CHI can jump out to a lead. 

12 minutes ago, Panthor said:

difference is that DET/CHI stayed relatively close till the very end. which afforded DET the option to dink and dunk and grind out the game and wear down the CHI line,  Blount did almost nothing in the first half of that game all the damage came in the second half.   Jones may not be afforded the same chance if CHI can jump out to a lead. 

I can see that but Jones is used more than Blount. Green bays offense and o line is better than detroits by a bit. Also as far as keeping it close Green bay is slightly ahead of Detroit in almost every category. I understand Trubisky will be back by then and probably fairly healthy, I also think so far this year GB has had a tougher schedule.

Plus packers already beat them once.

Edited by Zekepeak86

I'm definitely concerned about the matchup with Chicago, but I'll take his talent and opportunity/relative workload over matchup. He'll get around 15-20 touches a game. If Green Bay can keep it close early, he should get his usual first half score. I wouldn't count on anything for the second half especially if it gets ugly. 

1 minute ago, griffin727 said:

I'm definitely concerned about the matchup with Chicago, but I'll take his talent and opportunity/relative workload over matchup. He'll get around 15-20 touches a game. If Green Bay can keep it close early, he should get his usual first half score. I wouldn't count on anything for the second half especially if it gets ugly. 

That's the game that I sit Jones and unleash SnowBeast.

2 minutes ago, MovingTheChains said:

This guy is good and much tougher than he looks. He had a run early in the game where he destroyed Emerson Griffin.

He had a few runs where he finished a run by carrying the defenders a few extra yards.

Given his smaller size, it was something I did not really expect from him.

14 minutes ago, Panthor said:

DET kept it close with Golladay, a bunch of misfits, and Blount. I'd have to think Rodgers could keep it close.

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

That's the game that I sit Jones and unleash SnowBeast.

Even if the 86 Bears take a time machine to play that game, I don't think you play the SnowBeast over Jones.

17 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

Even if the 86 Bears take a time machine to play that game, I don't think you play the SnowBeast over Jones.

In cold weather, always take Snowbeast.

I think we can all agree that if we are still playing in Week 15, we'd prefer Jones have a better matchup than the Bears. As a whole, the Bears have done well against opposing RB's. With that said, the Bears have also faced an...underwhelming set of RB's this season.

Here are their results thus far, against the lead RB's faced...

--Week 1: Jamaal Williams: 15-47-0; no catches (Williams is a pancake blocking machine, but not much of a runner)

--Week 2: Rashaad Penny: 10- 30-0; no catches (rookie playing in his second game as part of a committee and with a recently-broken finger)

--Week 3: David Johnson: 12- 31-0; 4-30-1 TD (not a great game, but still solid enough with the TD)

--Week 4: Peyton Barber: 7-24-0; 1-6-0 (this was the game where Fitzpatrick first fell apart, with an epic dud)

--Week 5: bye

--Week 6: Frank Gore: 15-101-0; 1-18-0 (Kenyan Drake also had 78 total yards)

--Week 7: James White: 11-40-0; 8-57-2 TD (a big fantasy day with the receiving prowess)

--Week 8: Isaiah Crowell: 13-25-0; 1-13-0 (was anybody really starting Crowell anyways?)

--Week 9: LeSean McCoy: 10-10-0; 4-19-0 (was anybody starting McCoy...with Peterman as the starting QB?)

--Week 10: Kerryon Johnson: 14-51-1 TD; 6-38-1 TD (big fantasy day, in part because of receiving, and also first rush TD allowed by CHI to a primary RB)

--Week 11: Dalvin Cook: 9-12-0/3 for -2 (Cook has been an epic bust, with basically one good run all season)

--Week 12: L.Blount: 19-88-2 TD; 1-15-0 (Kerryon out with injury but Blount has a big day on the ground)

So the Bears D has allowed lead opposing RB's to have good games 5 times. And bad games 6 times...and all 6 of those games, the lead RB is mediocre at best. 

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

DET kept it close with Golladay, a bunch of misfits, and Blount. I'd have to think Rodgers could keep it close.

it was close because CHI was working with a backup QB, had less to do with DET, there ere plenty of missed opportunities for CHI early in that game where it could have completely turned the game on its head, and keep in mind we are talking about this in the context not having Bakhairi in the line up either.

and it isn't a given that GB has the right game plan going into that matchup either,  McCarthy to this point hasn't really earned the benefit of the doubt in that regard,  simple fact is, Jones will be still most likely be start worthy for the game but not anyone's start of the week

21 minutes ago, Corleone said:

I think we can all agree that if we are still playing in Week 15, we'd prefer Jones have a better matchup than the Bears. As a whole, the Bears have done well against opposing RB's. With that said, the Bears have also faced an...underwhelming set of RB's this season.

Here are their results thus far, against the lead RB's faced...

--Week 1: Jamaal Williams: 15-47-0; no catches (Williams is a pancake blocking machine, but not much of a runner)

--Week 2: Rashaad Penny: 10- 30-0; no catches (rookie playing in his second game as part of a committee and with a recently-broken finger)

--Week 3: David Johnson: 12- 31-0; 4-30-1 TD (not a great game, but still solid enough with the TD)

--Week 4: Peyton Barber: 7-24-0; 1-6-0 (this was the game where Fitzpatrick first fell apart, with an epic dud)

--Week 5: bye

--Week 6: Frank Gore: 15-101-0; 1-18-0 (Kenyan Drake also had 78 total yards)

--Week 7: James White: 11-40-0; 8-57-2 TD (a big fantasy day with the receiving prowess)

--Week 8: Isaiah Crowell: 13-25-0; 1-13-0 (was anybody really starting Crowell anyways?)

--Week 9: LeSean McCoy: 10-10-0; 4-19-0 (was anybody starting McCoy...with Peterman as the starting QB?)

--Week 10: Kerryon Johnson: 14-51-1 TD; 6-38-1 TD (big fantasy day, in part because of receiving, and also first rush TD allowed by CHI to a primary RB)

--Week 11: Dalvin Cook: 9-12-0/3 for -2 (Cook has been an epic bust, with basically one good run all season)

--Week 12: L.Blount: 19-88-2 TD; 1-15-0 (Kerryon out with injury but Blount has a big day on the ground)

So the Bears D has allowed lead opposing RB's to have good games 5 times. And bad games 6 times...and all 6 of those games, the lead RB is mediocre at best. 

Good stats, but also id point out, at least this year, Gore is mediocre, Johnson is ok, Blount is mediocre....So even mediocre backs can produce. Green bays O line is also better than Miami's, and detroits. I like his chances for 65/.4 and 3/35. Depending of course on how pumped GB is regardless if they are out, they would like nothing better to beat a rival and possibly send them to a wc position. Week 17 bears/Vikings could determine who wins division.

• Like 1

In news related to the next matchup for Jones and the Packers, Arizona will be without a big defensive piece from their starting unit in Week 13:

Cardinals placed MLB Josh Bynes on injured reserve with a thumb injury, ending his season.

It's a big loss, as 29-year-old Bynes was having a career year in the middle for coach Steve Wilks' defense. Playing every down, Bynes registered 75 tackles, two sacks and five pass deflections. He was earning high marks from Pro Football Focus. 2018 was Bynes' first starting campaign since 2015 in Detroit. He is signed through 2020 in the desert.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, awesomesince86 said:

Lol Arod is still elite. If anything is holding Jones back it's the same thing that's holding the whole team back and that's McCarthy. He'll be gone soon. 

I agree that McCarthy is a buffoon, but McCarthy's not the one holding the ball and dancing around in the pocket for 5 seconds and then taking a sack when there are open checkdowns to be made.  This guy just wants to hit the homerun... EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

14 minutes ago, Beerdown said:

I think they are referring to Shady.

Jordan Howard.  Someone weeks ago said he will be good once it gets cold/starts snowing.

We are still waiting.

18 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Bears D looked off that game. Might have something to do with it being on thanksgiving. Just hypothesizin

6 hours ago, Sticky2 said:

Who is snowbeast?

Talk a walk through the Jordan Howard thread. It's devolved into a joke about him only being good in the cold so everyone is stashing and waiting for snow to fall. And guess what just happened... 12 inches in chicago baby!