I Flipstyle I

Who to take at 1.1 in a 2 QB keeper league? Bell vs AB vs DJ vs Rodgers

So a little context: this is a 3-keeper league, 1/2 PPR with 12 managers. Rosters are 2 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE flex and 1 DST. Ignoring potential preseason injuries my current keepers would be: Gurley in the 2nd round, Kamara in the 13th and Wentz in the 17th. Our rules state that no players drafted in the previous year's 1st round can be kept so I know the following guys are going to be available at 1.1: Bell, AB and DJ. Depending what other managers due there could be other guys like Zeke in the mix as well.

Anyways, what would be your strategy in my position? It's the first year of our league being 2 QB so of course I could load up at that position with Rodgers. Since I'll already have Wentz as a late keeper I'm inclined to either stack myself at RB with Bell, Gurley and Kamara or lock in a stud with AB. With Gurley as my 2nd round keeper my next pick after 1.1 is 3.1 (25th overall). If I go with Bell to be heavy on RB, can I make due with whoever is left at WR at 3.1 to be my WR1? I know I'm in a great position but would be curious to others strategy in this spot. Thanks for any feedback!

If you can't keep any players picked in the first round, then whoever you pick will be just for this year alone.  Since you're already keeping Gurley and Kamara, I'd go with Antonio Brown to give you one last year of fantasy WR supremacy.

If you absolutely HAVE to take a QB, make it Deshaun Watson--but if you don't get him, then you might as well wait it out and go with a Ryan/Carr combo or some such.

AB he's the best WR in the game and you know you want to own that production. 

Any other settings that arent standard?   IE: Are QBs getting 6pt td passes or 4?  Do they get 1pt per 25 yards passing?

Edited by Iron-cock

Why wouldnt Rodgers be kept?

I think you go Bell or DJ there.  Grab whoever in the 3rd for a wr.  Load up on qbs and rookie rbs looking for a payoff this year and lots of keeper options (that maybe you can trade). 

16 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Why wouldnt Rodgers be kept?

I think you go Bell or DJ there.  Grab whoever in the 3rd for a wr.  Load up on qbs and rookie rbs looking for a payoff this year and lots of keeper options (that maybe you can trade). 

2 QB league, ARod prob went in the first last year.

I would go for Bell since you already have Wentz.  

I hope one of you can help me with a different dilemma.  I am in a superflex 16-team PPR IDP league, a new owner with a 4-team dispersal draft.  I have the top pick.  Here are the top dudes available:

Zeke Elliott

Antonio Brown

Carson Wentz

All the rankings say take Zeke, but...

The QB's available below Wentz are Dalton, Eli, Tyrod and Bortles.  Yeesh.  The RB/WR depth is decent, BTW.  Do I pull the trigger on Wentz instead?

Edited by enelson44
typo

On 6/26/2018 at 8:36 AM, I Flipstyle I said:

Anyways, what would be your strategy in my position? It's the first year of our league being 2 QB so of course I could load up at that position with Rodgers.

37 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

2 QB league, ARod prob went in the first last year.

Ideally in a league like this you'd keep two good QBs.  Also due to the nature of who you can and can't keep, drafting QB's that you have the option to keep next year should provide a big advantage or valuable trade bait.

Consider:  24 QBs start (there is no superflex).   Each team should own at least 3, but only 32 QBs score points every week (even less on bye weeks).

This will likely be the only year you'll be able to draft good starting QBs outside of the first round.

On second thought, I agree with Iron-cock. In my case I really really want to take the QB and I can definitely see the logic of loading up on the position. 

BTW, I'd like to edit my post to say that my question above involves a DYNASTY league. I guess Rotoworld doesn't let noobs like me edit too much.

Should I make my question its own topic?

46 minutes ago, enelson44 said:

Should I make my question its own topic?

Yes, also include if there is any non defaulty scoring other than PPR and IDP.

Also: it would help to know a bit about your roster for that question.

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

Yeah I saw that. Assuming they knew about the change before last year's draft; otherwise keepers should reset.

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

Yes, also include if there is any non defaulty scoring other than PPR and IDP.

Also: it would help to know a bit about your roster for that question.

I just registered today, so create topic in the assistant coach forum is grayed out.  Can someone please help me in this topic?  I need to make the pick today.

As for your questions, the only non-default quirky option in this league is that you need to roster a punter and coach.  Not a big fan of this quirk, but what can you do...

My roster is blank, as I am a new owner in this dynasty league.  This is a dispersal draft taking the four departing owners' rosters and making these players and other free agents available to the four new owners.

Here is my original ?, sorry for going on so long--

I am in a superflex 16-team PPR IDP dynasty league, a new owner with a 4-team dispersal draft.  I have the top pick.  Here are the top dudes available:

Zeke Elliott

Antonio Brown

Carson Wentz

The QB's available below Wentz are Dalton, Eli, Tyrod and Bortles.  Yeesh.  The RB/WR depth is decent, BTW.  Do I pull the trigger on Wentz instead?

14 minutes ago, enelson44 said:

I just registered today, so create topic in the assistant coach forum is grayed out.  Can someone please help me in this topic?  I need to make the pick today.

As for your questions, the only non-default quirky option in this league is that you need to roster a punter and coach.  Not a big fan of this quirk, but what can you do...

My roster is blank, as I am a new owner in this dynasty league.  This is a dispersal draft taking the four departing owners' rosters and making these players and other free agents available to the four new owners.

Here is my original ?, sorry for going on so long--

I am in a superflex 16-team PPR IDP dynasty league, a new owner with a 4-team dispersal draft.  I have the top pick.  Here are the top dudes available:

Zeke Elliott

Antonio Brown

Carson Wentz

That's a tough question.  You could make a case for any of the top 3 there, I'd limit it to Zeke and Wentz due to them being younger.   I'd probably take Wentz (he is 25, has at least 10 years of production left), over Zeke (23 in July, probably good until age 28/29) considering the format.

I'm assuming after the dispersal draft you'll have a rookie draft?  What pick do you have?  That could influence your choice a bit I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I'm assuming after the dispersal draft you'll have a rookie draft?  What pick do you have?

Short answer: We have no picks to start out. 

Long answer:

The first-round picks of the departing owners, which include the 1.02 pick, are available in the draft.  (So no Saquon in all likelihood.) The remaining picks are packages of picks sorted by remaining owner, also available in the dispersal draft.  A new owner can end up with no pick or all the departing owners' picks depending on how the draft goes.

Thanks for the help, it's good to get validation of my preference for Wentz.  Go with your gut!

4 owners needing to be replaced is not a great sign for a dynasty league. Just make it 12 and start over.

12 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

4 owners needing to be replaced is not a great sign for a dynasty league.

I would agree normally, but this commissioner runs a dozen leagues with 100+ owners and they're not cheap.  I don't know how he does it.  This is the fourth one I've joined in the group, give it a look:

https://www.paragonfantasyfootball.com

37 minutes ago, enelson44 said:

I would agree normally, but this commissioner runs a dozen leagues with 100+ owners and they're not cheap.  I don't know how he does it.  This is the fourth one I've joined in the group, give it a look:

https://www.paragonfantasyfootball.com

Not sure how that is related to what I said.

Look to see what owners have a good QB, 1st rd WR, and is RB needy...if there are any, take Bell, and try to flip him. If not go with AB

Edited by Coprolagnia