Saucy

Giannis Antetokounmpo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

The Greek Freek turned in another amazing year with 26.9/10.0/4.5 while shooting 52.9% from the field and 76% from the line. He averaged 1.5 steals per game and 1.4 blocks. Where do you guys think he should be drafted? I can see the argument for first overall, although I'm sure we will hear many compelling arguments for Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, James Harden, and others.

He was stifled last season and plateaued. Bledsoe needs to go, hopefully new coach can properly build an offense around Giannis that compliments his style of play. If this happens I could see him raise his ceiling and have a lot of people kicking themselves by not taking him #1. Still years away from his prime, hopefully he lives in the gym and shoots a million jumpers.

9 hours ago, Saucy said:

The Greek Freek turned in another amazing year with 26.9/10.0/4.5 while shooting 52.9% from the field and 76% from the line. He averaged 1.5 steals per game and 1.4 blocks. Where do you guys think he should be drafted? I can see the argument for first overall, although I'm sure we will hear many compelling arguments for Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, James Harden, and others.

I think AD will go # 1 overall in most drafts and me personally I'm taking Harden over him 100% of the time . I would say he will fall to 3-4 in a majority of drafts, his lack of 3s and lower FT% makes him fall back a little. I'd snag at the 3 spot because I think we'll start to see GSW rest their players more and more each year so 3 wouldn't be a bad spot. AD is better at basically everything.

Yeah AD has finished the last 2 seasons at #1 overall so I don't see any way he doesn't go #1

• Like 1

Anthony Davis

James Harden

Kevin Durant

Stephen Curry

Giannis

Any of these five guys are perfectly fine to go #1. There is no wrong answer in any of these guys. Depends on team build / strategy. 

Kevin Durant will always be #1 for me ( in any and all format ), but again, you can't go wrong with neither of the above. 

• Like 1

^ Russell Westbrook too if Paul George moves on. But only in H2H or Points League he'll be on my team. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

^ Russell Westbrook too if Paul George moves on. But only in H2H or Points League he'll be on my team. 

Russ shouldn't be going before Harden in literally any instance, that's completely unjustifiable if you're trying to actually win lol

• Like 1

I might be overly optimistic but I expect a slight increase in his efficiency and assists as I firmly believe coach Budenholzer is the best coach he had since he entered the league. With offensive schemes more targeted to Greek Freak's strengths he (and Milwaukee as a team) can take that necessary next step.... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kostas1908 said:

I might be overly optimistic but I expect a slight increase in his efficiency and assists as I firmly believe coach Budenholzer is the best coach he had since he entered the league. With offensive schemes more targeted to Greek Freak's strengths he (and Milwaukee as a team) can take that necessary next step.... 

He shot 53% from the field, I don't know how much more efficient he can get.

1 minute ago, Saucy said:

He shot 53% from the field, I don't know how much more efficient he can get.

Not referring solely to his fg% but also his assist/turnover ratio. I don't expect something groundbreaking of course, just enough to see the effect of a better in my opinion coach and system.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Anthony Davis

James Harden

Kevin Durant

Stephen Curry

Giannis

Any of these five guys are perfectly fine to go #1. There is no wrong answer in any of these guys. Depends on team build / strategy. 

Kevin Durant will always be #1 for me ( in any and all format ), but again, you can't go wrong with neither of the above. 

I think Curry will slip after only playing in 51 games this year especially in H2H leagues. I see him getting rested more than ever next season after his ankle troubles this year. Especially being that it's the same ankle he hurt back in 2011. If that even bothers him a little he'll be out for a week probably.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Russ shouldn't be going before Harden in literally any instance, that's completely unjustifiable if you're trying to actually win lol

Lol. Russ was a fantasy nuke 2 years ago along with Harden. If you're punting FG% and TO's, which are the easier cats to do, you have as good as a chance as anyone. But I'm not really a fan myself, I'm good. Someone else can have him. 

3 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

I think Curry will slip after only playing in 51 games this year especially in H2H leagues. I see him getting rested more than ever next season after his ankle troubles this year. Especially being that it's the same ankle he hurt back in 2011. If that even bothers him a little he'll be out for a week probably.

That's fair. I'm more of a Roto guy. That was my thinking. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 6:18 AM, greatestmetfan said:

Curry to me is do not draft.  I'm likely going Davis - Harden - Lebron - Durant - Giannis  - Towns - Jokic - Curry or something like that.  FML if i get a lower pick than that then I'll go unconventional and punt points or something.

Edited by hipriest69
  • Like 1

Who photoshopped his head on Dwight Howard's body??

They’re not super jacked tbh.  They’re about as jacked as your average gym bro.  Also, as others have stated, they skipped leg day which is odd considering they’re basketball players.  

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

They’re not super jacked tbh.  They’re about as jacked as your average gym bro.  Also, as others have stated, they skipped leg day which is odd considering they’re basketball players.  

Looks like he's doing it for the gram instead of for his NBA career tbh 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Looks like he's doing it for the gram instead of for his NBA career tbh 

I don’t disagree but how pathetic would it be if someone decided to be an insta star when they could be an nba star?!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

AD says no no no

Less injury risk vs AD. Cant go wrong with either but Giannis is safer