Saucy

Giannis Antetokounmpo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, sandking38 said:

Less injury risk vs AD. Cant go wrong with either but Giannis is safer

True but I'd take AD over Giannis any day. If Giannis can avg 1 three per game, I'd think about it.

So, I'm a brand spanking new owner of Giannis and I caught the game last night

I'm assuming the 4/10 from the FT line was just a blip

4 hours ago, squidthunder said:

ehhh...he'll have those games. But then he'll play the Cavs back to back and go 29/30 from the line. If he can somehow get to 80% from the line this season, he'll have a better shot at passing AD as the best fantasy player. 

Edited by AndreSplash

23 minutes ago, AndreSplash said:

ehhh...he'll have those games. But then he'll play the Cavs back to back and go 29/30 from the line. If he can somehow get to 80% from the line this season, he'll have a better shot at passing AD as the best fantasy player. 

i see people taking Gianis #1/#2 ..i think Davis/Harden still top 2 players- same old Harden w possibility of cp3 getting hurt-> super beard; Davis without Bougie was off the charts monster. Gianis is top 4 player w Towns in the mix.. not top two

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skyjogger13 said:

i see people taking Gianis #1/#2 ..i think Davis/Harden still top 2 players- same old Harden w possibility of cp3 getting hurt-> super beard; Davis without Bougie was off the charts monster. Gianis is top 4 player w Towns in the mix.. not top two

Agree, if he can avg 1 three and 80% ft, I can see 2nd pick, but u can play if game with all the top picks lol

• Like 1

Imo he has 0 realistic chance of passing AD as the best fantasy player for 9 cat.  AD is better in basically every category except for assists.  After that it becomes personal preference.  I’m probably going Towns #2 due to center scarcity and his durability in addition to his usage possibly going up due to Butler leaving.  I’d probably also pick Durant over Giannis in 9 cat roto due to better efficiency across the board.  And in H2H I would rather have Harden and just punt FG/To which is a fairly common punt.  But I wouldn’t fault someone for picking Giannis top 3.

• Like 2

On 10/4/2018 at 7:50 AM, squidthunder said:

I've owned him 2 years straight, hopefully a 3rd this year. That being said poor FT shooting needs to be an expectation owning him, he's the perfect punt FT star to get. Pairing him with Ben Simmons and then grabbing Deandre or Drummond is ideal  and actually won me a league last year.

1 hour ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

The craziest line of the pre-season coming up.

3 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Holy s--- more of the same please

Settle down boys, Jimmy Butler Luol Deng and 3 guys you've never heard of just took it to this rag tag group.

I kid I kid, Giannis is a beast, Coach Bud seems to have this offense firing on all cylinders. Just keep allowing my 2 Bucks both in contract years(Middleton and Bledsoe) to keep on beasting as well. 

Milwaukee @ Charlotte on Wednesday 2 new fast paced offenses going at it, should be fun, can't wait!!!

Crazy to take him number 1 in my draft?? Looks beefed up, I think bucks will have more drive this year with a healthy Middleton and Bledsoe, and he has progressed each year.... ? 

1 minute ago, WadeW said:

Crazy to take him number 1 in my draft?? Looks beefed up, I think bucks will have more drive this year with a healthy Middleton and Bledsoe, and he has progressed each year.... ? 

Not crazy talk at all :)

BUT I prefer AD NO. 1. 

• Like 1

I think having a good coach is going to be so huge for him. I don’t care if he plays less minutes, there is legitimate room for improvement in every statistical category for him. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WadeW said:

It depends on your scoring system, how much you'll think he'll improve from last season considering he's only 23, and if you think Anthony Davis can stay healthy all season.  I owned AD last year and there were a couple DTD scares, but with him carrying the load now that Cousins is gone I'm not confident he can swing it.  

Jason Kidd delayed his greatness, with a proper coach his season will be simply astonishing. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he takes the #1 fantasy guy spot from AD.

Loving the counting stats, but the guy needs to learn to shoot FT reliably. This game so far plus the preseason is looking like DeAndre Jordan-esque.

11 rebounds and 7 assists and it's not even halfway through the 2nd quarter. Shot two threes that rattled halfway in then out. So far you gotta love what his outlook looks like.

Just now, The_Custodian said:

Loving the counting stats, but the guy needs to learn to shoot FT reliably. This game so far plus the preseason is looking like DeAndre Jordan-esque.

Yea... I noticed his FT issues in preseason. Seems like it could be bad

On 10/17/2018 at 7:48 PM, RafiBomb said:

11 rebounds and 7 assists and it's not even halfway through the 2nd quarter. Shot two threes that rattled halfway in then out. So far you gotta love what his outlook looks like.

I know it's still early but Giannis has been a HUGE disappointment so far this year, with a current rank of 115.   Sure, the PTS, REB, and AST are all great, but his FT%, 3 PTS, and TO are all awful so far this year.  Even Giannis's normally strong FG%, STL, and BLK have been disappointing.

I don't think Giannis will suck this bad all year obviously, but in order to become a top 5 roto player, he really needs to improve his jump shot and I'm not sure that's ever going to happen.  As much as other areas of his game have improved since he came into the NBA as an 18 year old kid, he's really shown very little improvement in FT% and 3 PT% since coming into the league.   I'm definitely kicking myself for drafting Giannis at #6 instead of Jokic.