Saucy

Giannis Antetokounmpo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Giannis Antetokounmpo has cleared the concussion protocol and will play on Thursday against the Celtics

B)

No one can guard him. And he can guard anyone in the league. He will win many rings.

On 11/9/2018 at 1:03 AM, KingDURANTULA said:

made GSW look like some d-league scrubs tonight 

Giannis is great in real life, but fantasy-wise he's been pretty disappointing relative to his top 5 ADP.  Currently ranked outside the top 30 in fantasy.  I was expecting that he'd be a complete zero in 3PTS (despite all the preseason hype every year about him improving his 3 point shot).  What I wasn't expecting was for him to be this bad from the foul line.  He shot 77% two years ago and 76% last year.  Currently shooting an abysmal 68% this year.  With how frequently he goes to the line, that is a gigantic difference and it's absolutely killing his fantasy value.  Been a pretty huge disappointment so far this year fantasy-wise.  Hopefully he can turn it around.

And 0 for 5 from the foul line tonight.  After two straight years where he was essentially a FT-neutral player, I certainly wasn't expecting him to be a Shaq-like negative influence in FT% this year like this.  In real-life, he's an MVP candidate.  In fantasy, he's been a huge disappointment considering his top 5 ADP.

Edited by FootballFan101

Punt ft% and hes still basically the second coming. Especially in a double double league, hes outperforming where I drafted him by 2 spots so no complaints here Giannis. At this point just accept the ft% punt I suppose, Davis isn’t exactly helping out in that area either

On 11.11.2018 at 2:38 AM, FootballFan101 said:

Giannis is great in real life, but fantasy-wise he's been pretty disappointing relative to his top 5 ADP.  Currently ranked outside the top 30 in fantasy.  I was expecting that he'd be a complete zero in 3PTS (despite all the preseason hype every year about him improving his 3 point shot).  What I wasn't expecting was for him to be this bad from the foul line.  He shot 77% two years ago and 76% last year.  Currently shooting an abysmal 68% this year.  With how frequently he goes to the line, that is a gigantic difference and it's absolutely killing his fantasy value.  Been a pretty huge disappointment so far this year fantasy-wise.  Hopefully he can turn it around.

I agree with your statement. I received a trade offer my Giannis and Hollis Jefferson for Embiid, Doncic and Harrell. I don't know if this is fair what do you think?

19 minutes ago, MatJak said:

I agree with your statement. I received a trade offer my Giannis and Hollis Jefferson for Embiid, Doncic and Harrell. I don't know if this is fair what do you think?

Nice try bro. Ac forum is that way

• Haha 1

although he is currently rank 24 in BBM for 9 CAT

rank 10 for 8 CAT

his only "weakness" is 3 pt and ft

so I keep find players with 3 pts to compensate

is that the right way to utilize him?

how do you build around him?

26 minutes ago, Jessie said:

rank 10 for 8 CAT

Lots of 3s and FTs. I paired him with Lillard and KLove.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:10 PM, Jessie said:

rank 10 for 8 CAT

Like you said the 3 pointers are easy to compensate my drafting a bunch of other 3 point shooters.  Not everyone on your team is going to be 3 point shooter anyways and you knew coming into the year that Giannis was going to be a zero in that category.

The much harder area to compensate is him shooting 65% from the FT line on over 8 attempts per game.  Given how often he gets there, only Gobert, Whiteside, Adams, and Drummond have provided a larger negative influence in FT% than Giannis per Basketball Monster.  In H2H leagues, that's probably fine if you are punting FT%, but in roto leagues, that's a killer.

It's very frustrating considering he was a career 75% foul shooter going into this year and was essentially a FT-neutral player the past two years.  He's shooting way worse from the foul line that he ever has any other year and it seems like every week his FT% goes down even more.  Everything else is good, but in roto leagues, he's been a major bust because of suddenly forgetting how to shoot free throws.

On 11/22/2018 at 10:10 AM, Jessie said:

rank 10 for 8 CAT

Nope, it would be futile to build "Shooters" (3PTM and FT%) around Giannis.

When drafting:

Early - build around the strengths of your team

Middle - best player available / sleepers / start filling in weaker categories

Late - best player available  / sleepers start / filling in weaker categories

This is how I built my team w/ Giannis:

PG   R Westbrook | J Teague |  L Ball | K Dunn
SG    L Doncic | W Barton
SF    Giannis | B Ingram
PF    L Markkanen | N Mirotic | M Bagley

C    Drummond | M Harrell | D Howard | WCS

TLDR - I built him with players who has the similar profile of being able to do PTS REB AST

And then by punting FT%,  that made me focus on FG%, REB and BLK

Then rounded it out with 3PTM and TO

1 hour ago, 12345game10 said:

surprised yall didnt punt 3s and FT

In head-to-head leagues, that's fine.  In roto leagues, if you punt multiple categories, you have no chance to win the league.  Besides Giannis was a FT neutral player the past two years ( 77% and 76%) and only very slightly below average for his career.  There was nothing at all to suggest he was going to be a total category killer like an Andre Drummond in FT% this year

Edited by FootballFan101
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2018 at 10:30 AM, wisegeeks said:

Nope, it would be futile to build "Shooters" (3PTM and FT%) around Giannis.

When drafting:

Early - build around the strengths of your team

Middle - best player available / sleepers / start filling in weaker categories

Late - best player available  / sleepers start / filling in weaker categories

This is how I built my team w/ Giannis:

PG   R Westbrook | J Teague |  L Ball | K Dunn
SG    L Doncic | W Barton
SF    Giannis | B Ingram
PF    L Markkanen | N Mirotic | M Bagley

C    Drummond | M Harrell | D Howard | WCS

TLDR - I built him with players who has the similar profile of being able to do PTS REB AST

And then by punting FT%,  that made me focus on FG%, REB and BLK

Then rounded it out with 3PTM and TO

That's a nice team. I personally paired Giannis with Westbrook, Embiid, Middleton among others to solidify those PTS/REB/AST/STLS 

Edited by alphadawg

^ I'm worried with that. At most, maybe he can take around 3 attempts per game.

Anything more than that can reduce his monster 58%-ish FG to somewhere 55%.

with Westbrook, Lonzo and Teague on my team I need every ounce of FG% from Giannis and Montrezl <_<