Saucy

Giannis Antetokounmpo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 11/24/2018 at 7:55 AM, TheBoondocks said:

Personally I never liked Giannis' freethrow form but I'm no expert. Seems like he uses a lot of wrist to heave the ball 

What's that statement even mean? How does one use the wrist to heave the ball? Maybe the arm but not the wrist. Free throws are supposed to be in the wrist.

Anyways, a large problem for his shooting can be the size of his hands. 

39 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

What's that statement even mean? How does one use the wrist to heave the ball? Maybe the arm but not the wrist. Free throws are supposed to be in the wrist.

Anyways, a large problem for his shooting can be the size of his hands. 

I mean, Kawhi and AD have monstrous hands as well and they're elite ft shooters. 

Giannis' shooting form seems stiffer than in years past. Occasionally, it seems like he stares really long at the rim during FTs which makes it seem likes he's thinking about it way too much (as well as risking a 10 second violation to shoot the FT). I'd love his FTs to reach 75% which may be his ceiling in that regard. 

Good thing MIL lost to WAS. They were trying to rest players thinking they can get it done against a weaker team.

His absence will cost me FG% PTS REB and AST in a very tight match-up.

I hope he bounces back very strongly against ATL.

On 12/29/2018 at 8:52 PM, dotanesca said:

Jesus christ what a line

31pts 10reb 10ast 2stl 3blk

13/17fg 2/3 threepts 

Great line except for the 3/5 from the foul line.  Free throwing shooting has continued to be his problem all year.  When you take over 9 free throws per game, the difference between being a league average free throw shooter like he was the past two years (77% and 76%) vs shooting a career-low 70% (since his rookie year) is a gigantic especially in roto leagues

In real life, he's the leading candidate for MVP.  In fantasy, he's currently the 13th ranked player after being a top 5 player the past two years all because of his drop in FT%.

Jeez, what a monster. Picked him this year for my punt FT% team and he honestly is perfect. This man deserves MVP over Harden/PG, etc. 

Yes, I love when my best player rests on a Saturday in a close matchup. I love fantasy basketball 

I totally saw this coming since they had the knee soreness thing listed before last night's match. Still sucks balls any way you slice it 

totally happy that the Bucks lost by 20 against ORL 

they keep on resting Giannis even though I feel it's more pre-cautionary than something really being sore.

they did this last time against WAS and they lost also..

I just hope they keep losing whenever they rest Giannis.. these losses must surely count for something as TOR, PHI and BOS try to get home court advantage

Just give this guy MVP already. I understand hes in the Eastern Conference but dude is legit putting up crazy numbers and carrying his team to the #1 record,

5 hours ago, HBARZ93 said:

Just give this guy MVP already. I understand hes in the Eastern Conference but dude is legit putting up crazy numbers and carrying his team to the #1 record,

soooo close to a 30/20/10 wew

Not playing tonight because the Bulls are so bad :( Great start for my matchup against the second place team... I just have a feeling the finals of my league are going to come down to whoever's team has less players resting week 24

On 2/11/2019 at 1:15 AM, wisegeeks said:

totally happy that the Bucks lost by 20 against ORL 

they keep on resting Giannis even though I feel it's more pre-cautionary than something really being sore.

they did this last time against WAS and they lost also..

I just hope they keep losing whenever they rest Giannis.. these losses must surely count for something as TOR, PHI and BOS try to get home court advantage

Again happening tonight, have to look at the schedule during fantasy playoffs and be wary of this surprise DNPs.

Hope they lose to CHI and be in a tight race for home court advantage ROS.

Said he tweaked his ankle in today's game. Any chance he rests this week? The guy I'm matched with in Semis has him. And after he obliterated his first round opponent as the 6 seed...I'm not too thrilled about the prospect of seeing Giannis 4 times in a week.

5 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Said he tweaked his ankle in today's game. Any chance he rests this week? The guy I'm matched with in Semis has him. And after he obliterated his first round opponent as the 6 seed...I'm not too thrilled about the prospect of seeing Giannis 4 times in a week.

Gawd I hope he doesn’t miss any games. I need him in the semi lol

• Like 1

Sorry Giannis owners. Having to go up against 4 games of him this week would be death

Edited by Del Rio
  • Like 2