Sign in to follow this  
sngehl01

Machado for Bregman and Nola, 18 team dynasty WHIR

Aight guys, been back and forth with the Bregman/Nola owner. I want another arm for my staff. 

I have Machado (3B/SS eligible, at this point SS only next year). 

I have offered Machado for Bregman (3B/SS, only 3B next year) and Aaron Nola. 

The Bregman owner has Bregman at SS, but doesn't have an option for SS next season on his roster. On the other hand, I have Correa and Jose Ramirez, so Bregman isn't going to fill a positional need for me and would be my utility guy (no IF spot, only 1 UTIL spot). 

I want a more solid pitcher, I'm playing roulette every week (Bumgarner, McCullers, Archer, Wood, Godley, Anderson, Bieber, Loaisiga, Pivetta are my arms). 

So, 18 team head to head points league, keep 24

Which side would you rather have in this deal? Machado or Bregman and Nola? 

Leave a link, WHIR. 

Thats tough.  I love Nola and Bregman is also good - although hes a slow starter. 

Machado is the best player in the deal - and he might go to a great team which will def help his numbers out even more.  But Breggers and Nola is a good haul for him. 

I'd have go Nola side on this.

Thanks for your help on mine

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

wow, that's tough. I mean that's a pretty fair return you're getting for Machado and you could use the SP help.  I guess ideally I'd like to get a top 6 or 7 SP in return for Machado, but Nola isn't too far behind that and his arrow is definitely pointed up.   Have you thrown out offers just to make sure you can't get someone like a Kluber, Scherzer or Sale or Severino?  I just ask because like you said, you don't necessarily need Bregman.  However, if you can't get one of those top aces in return, I'd probably still do the deal if I were you.

thanks for help with mine.

Edited by DFWSooner
  • Like 1

Bregman/Nola side and it's not even close.

Machado has some really concerning home/away splits over the course of his career, and this year hasn't changed that one bit. Also, how long before one of his two surgically repaired knees starts barking and causes him to miss a substantial amount time? Unless he ends up in another favorable hitting environment, this isn't someone I want to be stuck holding.

On the other hand, Nola is quickly becoming one of the better arms in baseball, while Bregman is steadily improving and showing signs that he could soon develop into a perennial 30/15 guy with solid average. Easy decision for me.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pitches Love Velocity said:

Bregman/Nola side and it's not even close.

Machado has some really concerning home/away splits over the course of his career, and this year hasn't changed that one bit. Also, how long before one of his two surgically repaired knees starts barking and causes him to miss a substantial amount time? Unless he ends up in another favorable hitting environment, this isn't someone I want to be stuck holding.

On the other hand, Nola is quickly becoming one of the better arms in baseball, while Bregman is steadily improving and showing signs that he could soon develop into a perennial 30/15 guy with solid average. Easy decision for me.

Thanks for the input. Not really concerned over home/road split for a guy like Machado. It's not uncommon for a player to do better at home/on the road. It's a factor for me when a guy plays in a clear hitters/pitchers park. Camden is 20th in MLB park factor this year, T-11th last year, 19th in 2016. The knees are a concern I didn't consider. 

If I didn't really want an arm like Nola I wouldn't even consider it. But Nola would be a nice guy to slot into the rotation. I like my pitching well enough, but my lineup (Gary Sanchez, Freddie Freeman, Jose Ramirez, Manny Machado, Carlos Correa, Marcell Ozuna, Starling Marte, Mookie Betts, Kyle Schwarber) can take the  hit IMO. 

Thats a good haul but I think I would stay with Manny.

Help

You are right that your lineup can take the hit, so I'd do it.

Fair trade

I prefer Manny side

I like Nola

But ace no

This is the 1st year, he's had a era under 3.50

Keep Manny & find some other player from you're team to move and just go after Bregman. You'll then have two elite 3B and that is very great to own in this day & age. 

Yes pitching is kinda thin this season I would take Nola

Thanks for help on mine wow seems like people are divided on this one :)

On 6/27/2018 at 10:40 AM, sngehl01 said:

Aight guys, been back and forth with the Bregman/Nola owner. I want another arm for my staff. 

I have Machado (3B/SS eligible, at this point SS only next year). 

I have offered Machado for Bregman (3B/SS, only 3B next year) and Aaron Nola. 

The Bregman owner has Bregman at SS, but doesn't have an option for SS next season on his roster. On the other hand, I have Correa and Jose Ramirez, so Bregman isn't going to fill a positional need for me and would be my utility guy (no IF spot, only 1 UTIL spot). 

I want a more solid pitcher, I'm playing roulette every week (Bumgarner, McCullers, Archer, Wood, Godley, Anderson, Bieber, Loaisiga, Pivetta are my arms). 

So, 18 team head to head points league, keep 24

Which side would you rather have in this deal? Machado or Bregman and Nola? 

Leave a link, WHIR. 

id take bregman/nola side for sure

in a 18 team keep 24 I'd lean Nola and Bregman, however already owning JRamirez and Correa I would lean even further and accept ASAP.