Saucy

Nikola Vucevic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Thoughts on Vuc after the Bamba pick? Hes the best big on the roster, but its an extremely crowded frontcourt with Bamba, Gordon, Isaac, and Biyambo.

Do we think he can return top 50 value? Or is that too much to hope for?

1 hour ago, Saucy said:

Thoughts on Vuc after the Bamba pick? Hes the best big on the roster, but its an extremely crowded frontcourt with Bamba, Gordon, Isaac, and Biyambo.

I imagine he's on the block. Way too early to make a projection right now. If he stays in Orlando though I'd avoid him, he'll be expensive given the frontcourt situation, as you've pointed out.

On 6/27/2018 at 1:42 PM, Saucy said:

sure-fire top 50 for sure

On 6/30/2018 at 2:24 PM, cdd10 said:

sure-fire top 50 for sure

Not unless he's traded from ORL, which I think he will be.  He's in the last year of his deal at only 12.75M, so he should be very attractive to a bunch of teams looking for a C help.  I mentioned this before but I think a Vuc for Shroeder trade makes a ton of sense for both teams.  ORL needs to go full rebuild and get PT for their guys like Bamba & Isaac and clearly Gordon is going to get a ton of minutes with his new contract.  ORL desperately needs a starting PG too.  Dedmon a quality back-up C but he's not starting material.

Vuc on ATL a top 30 player IMO.

9 hours ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Not unless he's traded from ORL, which I think he will be.  He's in the last year of his deal at only 12.75M, so he should be very attractive to a bunch of teams looking for a C help.  I mentioned this before but I think a Vuc for Shroeder trade makes a ton of sense for both teams.  ORL needs to go full rebuild and get PT for their guys like Bamba & Isaac and clearly Gordon is going to get a ton of minutes with his new contract.  ORL desperately needs a starting PG too.  Dedmon a quality back-up C but he's not starting material.

Vuc on ATL a top 30 player IMO.

why wouldnt he be top 50? nobody to stop him in ORL

I've been shopping him hard. Too crowded in Orlando, and I dont see any team dealing for him anytime soon.

16 hours ago, Nene said:

I've been shopping him hard. Too crowded in Orlando, and I dont see any team dealing for him anytime soon.

doesn't really have any competition. bamba is irrelevant and isaac can play PF 

I got him with pick 76 in a 10-teamer which I think is really good value for him. Looking forward to seeing how he does with bamba on the scene. 

On 04/07/2018 at 2:55 PM, cdd10 said:

doesn't really have any competition. bamba is irrelevant and isaac can play PF 

I agree. But my next concern would be his health risk. :(

Does his value bump a bit again now with isaac starting off injured? To me isaac is not nba ready at all and I think until he can develop some strength he will never be dependable and be on and off your IR.

Vucevic was a good value last season and he always goes late in mock...like regularly into the 6th round in 12 teamers

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Does his value bump a bit again now with isaac starting off injured? To me isaac is not nba ready at all and I think until he can develop some strength he will never be dependable and be on and off your IR.

Vucevic was a good value last season and he always goes late in mock...like regularly into the 6th round in 12 teamers

Neither Isaac or Bamba will provide much, if any, impact on the offensive end. Magic really only have Gordon, FOurnier and Vuc in terms of guys who can consistently create their own offense. Vuc will be fine as a 16/10 guy with 1 stl and blk

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Neither Isaac or Bamba will provide much, if any, impact on the offensive end. Magic really only have Gordon, FOurnier and Vuc in terms of guys who can consistently create their own offense. Vuc will be fine as a 16/10 guy with 1 stl and blk

i agree and those are really nice numbers in late 5th or early 6th round. i do worry about him being traded later to a contending team that could plummet his value but taking him as late as the 6th won't kill you if that happens. i wouldn't hesitate to take him over Collins, Allen, maybe Ayton, etc. 

One thing I haven’t seen brought up is that in addition to being a 16/10/1/1/1 player he also has the potential for 3 APG making him a multicat gem. I wouldn’t hesitate taking him in the 5th round of snake or for $25+ in auction.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

One thing I haven’t seen brought up is that in addition to being a 16/10/1/1/1 player he also has the potential for 3 APG making him a multicat gem. I wouldn’t hesitate taking him in the 5th round of snake or for $25+ in auction.  

I have no doubt in Vuc's talent and well-rounded game for fantasy purposes but I do not like his situation at all with the Magic for this season.  The team just used two top 6 draft picks in B2B years on Isaac (SF/PF) and Bamba (C) and re-signed AGordon (PF) on a big money contract.  I worry that 1) Vuc will see enough minutes to produce relative to his ADP/price & 2) it's almost a guarantee that Vuc and his $12M expiring contract will be traded at some point this season.  His fantasy value could be torpedoed at that point.  Too much uncertainty and risk for me at that price.  

8 minutes ago, J.T. Marlin said:

I have no doubt in Vuc's talent and well-rounded game for fantasy purposes but I do not like his situation at all with the Magic for this season.  The team just used two top 6 draft picks in B2B years on Isaac (SF/PF) and Bamba (C) and re-signed AGordon (PF) on a big money contract.  I worry that 1) Vuc will see enough minutes to produce relative to his ADP/price & 2) it's almost a guarantee that Vuc and his $12M expiring contract will be traded at some point this season.  His fantasy value could be torpedoed at that point.  Too much uncertainty and risk for me at that price.  

I hear you.  For me risk and uncertainty are two different things.  Although he might be traded he’s good enough that I assume he would be a starting center for any team he lands on particularly given that their intention would be for me to start otherwise they wouldn’t have traded for him.  For all we know he could have more value with a better point guard passing to him, although that’s unlikely.  So despite there being uncertainty I don’t think there is a high level of risk.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

For me risk and uncertainty are two different things.  So despite there being uncertainty I don’t think there is a high level of risk.  

👏

• Like 1

Vuc looks like in mid-season form in pre-season

He is one of the rare bigman who can give you 1-1-1(3PTM+stl+blk) and don't hurt you FG%+FT%,He is always underappreciated in fantasy,people always draft horford and marc before vuc because of name value,but i will not hesitate to draft vuc before horford and marc(both are aging and seems starting to decline)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kane said:

Vuc looks like in mid-season form in pre-season

He is one of the rare bigman who can give you 1-1-1(3PTM+stl+blk) and don't hurt you FG%+FT%,He is always underappreciated in fantasy,people always draft horford and marc before vuc because of name value,but i will not hesitate to draft vuc before horford and marc(both are aging and seems starting to decline)

Case in point, for my draft this year Marc got drafted in the 3rd and horford in the 5th. Vuc just kept dropping and I managed to snag him in the 8th round. Might just end up being my biggest steal of the draft. People are concerned because bamba is in town and they think vuc will be shipped out but in reality I think vuc will still end up being one of the leading scorers for the team. Bamba is still very, very raw and might take a year or more to develop. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Case in point, for my draft this year Marc got drafted in the 3rd and horford in the 5th. Vuc just kept dropping and I managed to snag him in the 8th round. Might just end up being my biggest steal of the draft. People are concerned because bamba is in town and they think vuc will be shipped out but in reality I think vuc will still end up being one of the leading scorers for the team. Bamba is still very, very raw and might take a year or more to develop. 

what?you draft vuc in 8th round?

what a joke,this is the biggest steal

Edited by kane
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, fabrar said:

I managed to snag him in the 8th round.

Any league where Vucevic goes in the 8th round is not a competitive league.

He was like top-20 in my 9 cat league last year before he got injured.

• Like 1

I dont think people are underestimating him. I think folks including myself are worried what role he's going to have on this team and if he gets traded, what role would he have on that one

33 minutes ago, JLoson0550 said:

I dont think people are underestimating him. I think folks including myself are worried what role he's going to have on this team and if he gets traded, what role would he have on that one

I was worried as well but took the plunge and will enjoy what I get. Also who is gonna trade for this guy without having a injury where they need a void filled. Unlike baseball the NBA has a salary cap so his 12.75 million will have to be matched in any deal (Houston for Brandon Knight maybe) (Boston for Marcus Smart maybe) any how it is not as easy in the nba to acquire a vet for the playoff run as in MLB. Found a good one Nuggets for Plumlee and a pick Orlando gets a pick for a expiring contract and Plumlee only has 1 more year after this one and Denver gets to be dominant.

4 hours ago, kane said:

what?you draft vuc in 8th round?

what a joke,this is the biggest steal

Yeah I'm surprised he fell that far because last year in this same league he was taken 4th/5th I believe. Some of the bigs taken before him were Nurk, Kanter, Millsap, Horford and Turner. I think a lot of the other GMs were concerned that Bamba would eat into his production and he'd get traded.

On 10/2/2018 at 4:36 PM, J.T. Marlin said:

Yeah, I am starting to seriously rethink my earlier take above.  Vuc looking studly and should be able to carve out 25-30 MPG with Bamba probably not yet ready for prime time.  He's also looking to ball out and earn likely one last massive contract.  Top 30 upside and likely to seriously outperform his ADP.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I did not watch the game on Oct 8 but see that Vuc played 31 mins and Bamba 23.  Meaning they shared the court for at least 6 minutes. I wonder how that looks defensively.  Is Bamba able to guard 4s?  Vuc cannot but things get very interesting if they are able to share the court at all.

Edited by jay14bay