Sign in to follow this  
Saucy

Nikola Vucevic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 1/22/2019 at 10:16 AM, MuscleChestbrook said:

Lmao okay, if you want to make yourself feel better by overvaluing your Siakam ;)

yeah, Siakam was very overvalued lat night huh?

Now the national reporters are saying Vuc is likely to stay in Orlando which is what the local reporters have said all along. Still up in the air but I’d bet he stays.

I would say I told you so, but I like it when people disagree with me provided their opinion is backed by sound reasoning, because that’s an opportunity to learn.  What bothers is me when people present their opinion as fact, claiming they’re 1000% certain of something when they cannot possibly be certain over something they have no control over.  This is particularly annoying when they have neither facts nor reasoning to back their claim.

The Magic never intended to trade Vuc.  I watched a dozen local interviews in which the management said they weren’t going to trade him, and where he said he didn’t want to be traded.  Whether they should have traded him is irrelevant to the discussion.  The people who wanted him to be traded were people who would treat the Magic as their own farm team.  It will be interesting to see if they can work things out in the offseason.  Rumor has it that he wants a 4 year max contract and the front office disagrees as to only length/whether he is worthy of a max but in principle they’d like to sign him.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I would say I told you so, but I like it when people disagree with me provided their opinion is backed by sound reasoning, because that’s an opportunity to learn.  What bothers is me when people present their opinion as fact, claiming they’re 1000% certain of something when they cannot possibly be certain over something they have no control over.  This is particularly annoying when they have neither facts nor reasoning to back their claim.

The Magic never intended to trade Vuc.  I watched a dozen local interviews in which the management said they weren’t going to trade him, and where he said he didn’t want to be traded.  Whether they should have traded him is irrelevant to the discussion.  The people who wanted him to be traded were people who would treat the Magic as their own farm team.  It will be interesting to see if they can work things out in the offseason.  Rumor has it that he wants a 4 year max contract and the front office disagrees as to only length/whether he is worthy of a max but in principle they’d like to sign him.    

Wiz Owner: Otto is not going to be traded.

*gets traded the next day*

Bottom line is, it doesn't matter what owners or players says. The right business move will always be made. Trading Vuc would have been the right business move which is why lots of people speculated.

11 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Wiz Owner: Otto is not going to be traded.

*gets traded the next day*

Bottom line is, it doesn't matter what owners or players says. The right business move will always be made. Trading Vuc would have been the right business move which is why lots of people speculated.

First, a lot of people speculated bc they don’t care about the Magic, and don’t understand the interests of the Magic front office or fan base.  The Magic will never trade a 20 win share guy for Lonzo and a garbage first no matter how badly one might want them to.  

Second, the only relevant point at issue was whether he WOULD be traded not whether he should.

If you scroll up you’ll see someone profess “1000%” certainty that he would be traded then present four pages of the most illogical, absurd, off-base narrative I’ve ever seen in a fantasy forum and that’s a real accomplishment. My post is mainly regarding someone who would claim “1000%” certainty in something he knew nothing about.  Even I never claimed I was certain I merely presented the counter point to what 90% of the people here thought was a given.  

The hyperbolic “hot takes” bull s--- is what bothers me.  I was never bothered by rational debate.  If you think something is 90% then state that.  But don’t claim “1000%” certainty when that isn’t possible.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

It's comical that he ended up not being traded, being an all star, and Mo Bamba needs massive work to even fit into the league.  It's almost like people have no idea what they're talking about.  That guy you were going back and forth with all season has been absent for the last few weeks.  I wonder why that is.   

Anyone saying the Magic needed to trade him obviously don't follow the Magic.  He's the best player they've had since Dwight, and him and AG are the only bright spots in a decade long tank and rebuild.  They can't afford to just continue hemorrhaging fans waiting for another lottery pick or two to actually pan out after losing Oladipo, Payton, and Tobias.  The push to get Fultz indicates they're willing to take big risks now to be better in the next two seasons.  That totally fits with the narrative that they're going to keep to try to keep Vuc.      

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

First, a lot of people speculated bc they don’t care about the Magic, and don’t understand the interests of the Magic front office or fan base.  The Magic will never trade a 20 win share guy for Lonzo and a garbage first no matter how badly one might want them to.  

Second, the only relevant point at issue was whether he WOULD be traded not whether he should.

If you scroll up you’ll see someone profess “1000%” certainty that he would be traded then present four pages of the most illogical, absurd, off-base narrative I’ve ever seen in a fantasy forum and that’s a real accomplishment. My post is mainly regarding someone who would claim “1000%” certainty in something he knew nothing about.  Even I never claimed I was certain I merely presented the counter point to what 90% of the people here thought was a given.  

The hyperbolic “hot takes” bull s--- is what bothers me.  I was never bothered by rational debate.  If you think something is 90% then state that.  But don’t claim “1000%” certainty when that isn’t possible.  

the magic have made some dumb moves and trade the last few years(i.e dipo,tobias,payton) so it wasn't hard to speculate the fact that they could trade VUC. It was certainly a possibility considering the fact that they got Bamba and Isaac and VUC hitting almost 30

Happy owner here where in several leagues where I was told over and over again he would be traded to be a backup and average 12/5 somewhere. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

the magic have made some dumb moves and trade the last few years(i.e dipo,tobias,payton) so it wasn't hard to speculate the fact that they could trade VUC. It was certainly a possibility considering the fact that they got Bamba and Isaac and VUC hitting almost 30

I can't remember whether or not you argued with me regarding whether he would be traded.  But if you were, admit that you were wrong, and move on.  There's no more debate on this particular issue, it's over.  You lost.

RE whether he should be traded:

Bamba has potential but needs a lot of development.  I've watched every game he's played in the NBA and he's very limited.  He forces blocks on defense instead of getting defensive rebounds.  On offense he just sits in the corner waiting for threes.  Imo the best thing to do would be to trade him while he still has peak value to someone who wants to develop him.

Vuc is 28.  If you want to claim that's almost 30, by all means.  But in reality, he's 28.   It would be different if he were 35 but the reality is he hasn't even hit his prime yet.  People like to say well he's been on the team 7 years and they haven't done much blah blah.  7 years ago he was 21 year old rookie, he's hardly to blame for their failure.  You don't have to tell me the Magic suck.  But trading a 20 win share/top 20 player in Vuc for Ball and a s---y first, or any similar ludicrous offers, isn't going to make them unsuck.  I thought he *might* get traded if someone presents an offer which shows they value him properly.

Again, you keep arguing whether he should be traded. That was completely irrelevant to the actual question which is whether he would.    

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

It's comical that he ended up not being traded, being an all star, and Mo Bamba needs massive work to even fit into the league.  It's almost like people have no idea what they're talking about.  That guy you were going back and forth with all season has been absent for the last few weeks.  I wonder why that is.   

Anyone saying the Magic needed to trade him obviously don't follow the Magic.  He's the best player they've had since Dwight, and him and AG are the only bright spots in a decade long tank and rebuild.  They can't afford to just continue hemorrhaging fans waiting for another lottery pick or two to actually pan out after losing Oladipo, Payton, and Tobias.  The push to get Fultz indicates they're willing to take big risks now to be better in the next two seasons.  That totally fits with the narrative that they're going to keep to try to keep Vuc.      

In fairness, it's possible that guy might be a troll because he's said other ludicrous things.

11 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I can't remember whether or not you argued with me regarding whether he would be traded.  But if you were, admit that you were wrong, and move on.  There's no more debate on this particular issue, it's over.  You lost.

RE whether he should be traded:

Bamba has potential but needs a lot of development.  I've watched every game he's played in the NBA and he's very limited.  He forces blocks on defense instead of getting defensive rebounds.  On offense he just sits in the corner waiting for threes.  Imo the best thing to do would be to trade him while he still has peak value to someone who wants to develop him.

Vuc is 28.  If you want to claim that's almost 30, by all means.  But in reality, he's 28.   It would be different if he were 35 but the reality is he hasn't even hit his prime yet.  People like to say well he's been on the team 7 years and they haven't done much blah blah.  7 years ago he was 21 year old rookie, he's hardly to blame for their failure.  You don't have to tell me the Magic suck.  But trading a 20 win share/top 20 player in Vuc for Ball and a s---y first, or any similar ludicrous offers, isn't going to make them unsuck.  I thought he *might* get traded if someone presents an offer which shows they value him properly.

Again, you keep arguing whether he should be traded. That was completely irrelevant to the actual question which is whether he would.    

Yeah I ain't got time to read a whole paragraph. You got way too much time in your hands lmaooo. Why even come back to a forum and say I told you. I swear you waited and timed it till the trade deadline passed just to write a whole paragraph about this. I've never argued with anyone on here. I'ts not that serious fam,

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Yeah I ain't got time to read a whole paragraph. You got way too much time in your hands lmaooo. Why even come back to a forum and say I told you. I swear you waited and timed it till the trade deadline passed just to write a whole paragraph about this. I've never argued with anyone on here. I'ts not that serious fam,

You're incapable of reading one whole paragraph?  If it's not serious and you don't have time for it why post at all?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

they didn't trade him so you won
they didn't trade him, they'll lose him for nothing next summer and even won't make playoffs

so don't tell me it's the logical decision to not trade him

• Like 1

22 hours ago, babyfaceassasin said:

C5KV5ThWcAAXHPI.jpg

Oh you rang?

22 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

This, my friend, is why this forum is so much better in the offseason.  Way less hot take garbage (not to mention the constant complaining) and more people who actually present rational, thought out opinions/speculation.

Edited by jay14bay
  • Thanks 1

One last thing before I go is that I don't think people understand the Magic or their fanbase.  Not many people are "from" Orlando the way people are from Philly or Detroit.  Many of the people who live in Orlando are upper middle class retirees who either moved there or are "snowbirds".  Their fanbase isn't going to tolerate 7 years of tanking to marginally improve their draft position hoping it will pay off after 8 years when they're only going to live there for another 5. 

The other issue is that Orlando is a small to mid sized city but is one of the most popular tourists destinations in the country.  There are many entertainment options, there might be more entertainment options for its size than any other city.  People will only watch Magic games if they are competitive with other entertainment options.  The people around Orlando don't view it the same way as fans from other cities.  They know the Magic haven't been historically competitive.  They go to be entertained, that's all.  The Magic are affiliated with the Mouse after all.  They're not going to tolerate tanking.  And people around Orlando love Vuc, which is the biggest reason why I think he will sign in the offseason, even if outsiders think he doesn't fit their timeline.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/9/2019 at 1:07 AM, StifleTower2 said:

Their fanbase isn't going to tolerate 7 years of tanking to marginally improve their draft position hoping it will pay off after 8 years when they're only going to live there for another 5. 

Haha! I like that! :P

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 1:07 AM, StifleTower2 said:

One last thing before I go is that I don't think people understand the Magic or their fanbase.  Not many people are "from" Orlando the way people are from Philly or Detroit.  Many of the people who live in Orlando are upper middle class retirees who either moved there or are "snowbirds".  Their fanbase isn't going to tolerate 7 years of tanking to marginally improve their draft position hoping it will pay off after 8 years when they're only going to live there for another 5. 

The other issue is that Orlando is a small to mid sized city but is one of the most popular tourists destinations in the country.  There are many entertainment options, there might be more entertainment options for its size than any other city.  People will only watch Magic games if they are competitive with other entertainment options.  The people around Orlando don't view it the same way as fans from other cities.  They know the Magic haven't been historically competitive.  They go to be entertained, that's all.  The Magic are affiliated with the Mouse after all.  They're not going to tolerate tanking.  And people around Orlando love Vuc, which is the biggest reason why I think he will sign in the offseason, even if outsiders think he doesn't fit their timeline.   

this makes me laugh
the famous "win now mentality" in Orlando when they gave away Oladipo for nothing

7 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

this makes me laugh
the famous "win now mentality" in Orlando when they gave away Oladipo for nothing

I'm done speaking with you.  I've read some of your comments on other threads.  Your handle is absolutely apt.  I've never seen someone get so many ******** L's on a forum in my life.

Vuc killing it.  Magic are going on a win streak until they make the playoffs.  They're convinced to resign Vuc in the offseason and hope they can turn Fultz into something.

Can't believe Vuc is so consistent this season and just carry my team to clinched the playoff spot

200w_d.gif?cid=e826c9fc5c5585124f4c70424

VUC has been one of the steal of the draft 

lucky to who drafted him. 

My league he went 60th 

4 minutes ago, snroto said:

VUC has been one of the steal of the draft 

lucky to who drafted him. 

My league he went 60th 

Wow that is a steal. Went 24th in my league.

Posted (edited)

I had no intention of drafting him and seemingly everyone else was also worried about the longevity of his role, but at pick 66 I couldn't let him drop any further.

Best pick of the season for me personally, and arguably in my entire league.

Shame about the 2 game week in week 2 of the playoffs though, that's going to sting.

Edited by JStyles