Sign in to follow this  
Saucy

Nikola Vucevic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

clifford likes his vets. pretty sure that vuc gonna get his mins until traded (hopefully not).

25 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I do almost exclusively auctions and I have him in almost every league that has drafted thus far.

I got him for $10, absurd

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I do almost exclusively auctions and I have him in almost every league that has drafted thus far.

How do you like this team I'm considering???

Jokic, Draymond, Gasol, Horford, Vucevic then some of these guys (Rubio, Lonzo, JRich, JIngles, Anderson, Dunn etc...)

13 minutes ago, jay14bay said:

I got him for $10, absurd

I was paying in the mid twenties bc people in my leagues read this forum and said they would upbid me lol.  But even $30  is a steal imo.  I don't think anyone can upbid me high enough unless they're willing to risk going into absurdity.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, turner46 said:

How do you like this team I'm considering???

Jokic, Draymond, Gasol, Horford, Vucevic then some of these guys (Rubio, Lonzo, JRich, JIngles, Anderson, Dunn etc...)

I like it with a couple exceptions, the first exception being that I'm low on Draymond this year.  He's already a punt points guy who isn't very efficient even when he is performing well in the counting stats.  I think with Bell and later Cousins in the mix Draymond will be relied on less as a big man which will cut into his rebounds/blocks.  I think he might go as low as 10 ppg/6 apg/6rpg/1/1/1 on poor efficiency.  Also, as it pertains to 9 cat, if there were an award for worst Points/TO ratio, Draymond would win it.  If Draymond's stats fall that far what recommends him over other cheaper multi-cat  players such as roco, prince, gazz?  Rather than take Draymond I'd spare the $30 or whatever and spend it on two under-drafted, multi-cat wings.

Also, I don't know what Dunn, Lonzo, etc  does for you.  It looks as if your goal is to draft undervalued multi-cat bigs and supplement them with undervalued multi-cat wings.  If you truly get Jokic, Horford, Vuc, and Gasol then you're so far ahead in assists just from your bigs that you don't really need major point guards.  Rubio/Teague/whomever would be enough.  So I wouldn't destroy my FG/TO to overdraft assists when you don't need them.  The other thing is if you go for guys like Gazz/Jrich/Ingles  plus those bigs you really really won't need high assist producers from the pg position.  

• Thanks 1

Trap house Vucci baby, one of the lines of ht year so far

27/13/12 with 4 threes and 2 steals on 67% FG and 100% FT

• Like 3

I know there are sexier names that were drafted but drafting him for under $20 is going to be one of the best values for big men this year.  I’ll forgive the people who don’t live near Orlando but he isn’t a player whose value is inflated due to being on a bad team.  He’s a damn good basketball player. 

• Like 6

Guys can we get some love for Vucci Mane?

19/10/5 with 1.5 steals, 1.0 blocks, and 1.3 threes on a 55/83(lol)/80 split.

Basically Anthony Davis lite.  I think he's one of the most underrated players in fantasy.  Top-25 guy and most people aren't even aware.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alexstr said:

Guys can we get some love for Vucci Mane?

19/10/5 with 1.5 steals, 1.0 blocks, and 1.3 threes on a 55/83(lol)/80 split.

Basically Anthony Davis lite.  I think he's one of the most underrated players in fantasy.  Top-25 guy and most people aren't even aware.

Oh I think people are aware. There's just a lot of things that puts his value at risk: Mamba, expiring contract, defensive liability.

8 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Oh I think people are aware. There's just a lot of things that puts his value at risk: Mamba, expiring contract, defensive liability.

None of those things put him at risk of anything.

Mamba is playing alongside him and getting his 20mpg, expiring contract is a plus, and defensive liability doesn't matter for fantasy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alexstr said:

None of those things put him at risk of anything.

Mamba is playing alongside him and getting his 20mpg, expiring contract is a plus, and defensive liability doesn't matter for fantasy.

It does if 1) the Magic won't let him walk away for nothing, means they'll try to move him before the trade deadline. The market is not big for Cs who can't switch; 2) it does if it costs him his playing time. Think Jonas Valanciunas or Nurkic; their playing time will fluctuate according to match-ups; 3) yes, it's a good sign that Mamba can play alongside him, but there's also Gordon whose natural position is a 4 (the 3 experiment ended up in flames). Minutes could get staggered between the 3, but it could get ugly.

I have Vooch myself since Cs were quickly running out. I also had him last year, when he had a hot start until mid-season until the Magic fell out of the competition and they started resting him. So it depends whether you think the Magic can contend for a playoff spot. I dont think they can, and it's a matter of time whether they decide to ship Vooch off for a lefitimate PG and start developing Mamba. 

Edited by ellejamil

3 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

It does if 1) the Magic won't let him walk away for nothing, means they'll try to move him before the trade deadline. The market is not big for Cs who can't switch; 2) it does if it costs him his playing time. Think Jonas Valanciunas or Nurkic; their playing time will fluctuate according to match-ups.

You're talking out of your a**.

"If, if, if, if, if....".

If you think he's even comparable to Valanciunas or Nurkic, we have nothing to talk about.   He hasn't played less than 29MPG in 7 years.  If he's healthy, he's getting his minutes.  No "if if if if if"  BS.

Edited by alexstr
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, alexstr said:

You're talking out of your a**.

"If, if, if, if, if....".

If you think he's even comparable to Valanciunas or Nurkic, we have nothing to talk about.   He hasn't played less than 29MPG in 7 years.  If he's healthy, he's getting his minutes.  No "if if if if if"  BS.

If I don't think that way, then I am not thinking for ROS. Furthermore, these things are facts: 1) he is on an expiring contract, which means he could leave the Magic for nothing; 2) they drafted Mamba, an expensive pick; and 3) whose defensive capabilities are better than Vooch.

I did not say that he is entirely like Nurkic and Valanciunas, he certainly is better with a relatively reliable 3 and a better post game. But in defense, he is. The presence of Isaac and his minutes with Mamba so far this season has hidden his defensive liabilities a bit.

Edited by ellejamil

Fwiw I think vuc's value will be fine even if he does get traded. It'll be likely to a team that needs an offensive C - he's too good to just sit on the bench and not play 

• Like 4

If you haven’t actually watched him play, Vuc is probably safe regardless of where he ends the season.  He’s strong enough that these stretch 5 types centers just get bullied by him in the low post.  He’s skilled enough and has enough range that he can take you away from the post.  He’s a good passer and rebounder.  The only thing is that he doesn’t have the hops to get a lot of blocks largely a fuction of his weight.   But offensively he basically has no weakness and no matter goes he will eat.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Identikit said:

Vooch fell to me in the 60's. People are always snoozing on him. 

One thing is for sure that is a very bold statement

• Like 1