Sign in to follow this  
Saucy

Nikola Vucevic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, ttann71 said:

He’s gotten me more points than Embiid. The killer

I know this might be surprising to some people but it’s not surprising to me.  Vuc and Embiid are fairly close in offensive ability at this point in their careers.  Of course Embiid has more upside and is a better defender.  As someone who lives near Orlando I almost hope Vuc gets gets traded so he can showcase his talents away from this joke of a front office and his career won’t wither away into obscurity, 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I know this might be surprising to some people but it’s not surprising to me.  Vuc and Embiid are fairly close in offensive ability at this point in their careers.  Of course Embiid has more upside and is a better defender.  As someone who lives near Orlando I almost hope Vuc gets gets traded so he can showcase his talents away from this joke of a front office and his career won’t wither away into obscurity, 

I wasn’t sure about picking up in my draft, not really knowing him, but after watching the game last night the dude can play.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I know this might be surprising to some people but it’s not surprising to me.  Vuc and Embiid are fairly close in offensive ability at this point in their careers.  Of course Embiid has more upside and is a better defender.  As someone who lives near Orlando I almost hope Vuc gets gets traded so he can showcase his talents away from this joke of a front office and his career won’t wither away into obscurity, 

but I think Vuc has the best fantasy value in magic now(they don't have good pg and enough scorer lead Vuc has more usage and assist),if he gets traded,i don't think he will has the same usage and may play less minutes due to his poor def

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kane said:

but I think Vuc has the best fantasy value in magic now(they don't have good pg and enough scorer lead Vuc has more usage and assist),if he gets traded,i don't think he will has the same usage and may play less minutes due to his poor def

Ofc.  I was talking more about him in real life.  It’s kinda sad to see such a good player give 100% on a bad team with no hopes of getting better. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kane said:

but I think Vuc has the best fantasy value in magic now(they don't have good pg and enough scorer lead Vuc has more usage and assist),if he gets traded,i don't think he will has the same usage and may play less minutes due to his poor def

This is the only reason why I didn't draft him. Vuc was a monster last yr before his injury (1st round stats)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He might be the most underrated player in fantasy, people let him drop every year and comes out to start the season posting 1st round value regularly, monster

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, kane said:

but I think Vuc has the best fantasy value in magic now(they don't have good pg and enough scorer lead Vuc has more usage and assist),if he gets traded,i don't think he will has the same usage and may play less minutes due to his poor def

This is exactly why I hedged my risks with him. For the record, I have him in several teams now. I also had him last year, and the dropoff in his production when the magic dropped off of the playoff hunt cost me in the playoffs. Vooch is a good player, especially when he actually has a decent point guard with him. It's just with the value that he has now, I can flip him for somebody with a more stable outlook, ie, not in danger of getting traded, team either in a playoff hunt or tanking, and has little to no position competition. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

This is exactly why I hedged my risks with him. For the record, I have him in several teams now. I also had him last year, and the dropoff in his production when the magic dropped off of the playoff hunt cost me in the playoffs. Vooch is a good player, especially when he actually has a decent point guard with him. It's just with the value that he has now, I can flip him for somebody with a more stable outlook, ie, not in danger of getting traded, team either in a playoff hunt or tanking, and has little to no position competition. 

 

What players are you targeting... ? As a Vooch owner I'm also open to an idea trading him...

Edited by Stefan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Stefan said:

 

What players are you targeting... ? As a Vooch owner I'm also open to an idea trading him...

Right now I couldn't find a PF/C for PF/C prospect (the gap between the position's tiers is wide), so I was trying to package Vooch with somebody, like Dragic or Murray, while trying to buy low on Otto Porter and then a top-50 assists guard. TBH, I've been trying to reach in for Lowry, banking on the Vooch (3) and Lowry's (2) close ranking, but I admit it's a reach and possibly a theft if I pull it off

Edited by ellejamil
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Stefan said:

 

What players are you targeting... ? As a Vooch owner I'm also open to an idea trading him...

I had this issue last year. No one ever believes in his value because 1. They think he is outperforming, 2. Because he is a trade risk, 3. He is a Shutdown risk. Last year I tried and tried but I could only get bites in the 50-60 range where I "stole" him in the draft. 

 

Poor vooch. I've said it once and I'll say it again... Man I wish this guy played for the raptors instead of JV. 

 

Vooch >>>JV

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he is without a doubt the best sell high in the league, for these reasons:

 

1. trade candidate

2. even if not traded and magic are tanking, will get less burn at end of season

3. he is at his peak ceiling in value right now anyways, and he had a good last season, so he is pretty easy to sell high

 

If he is traded, we don't know yet how it will affect his value but i think in almost all cases, it would go down by default since he wouldn't be the number 1 option for scoring on many other teams. Last year he had a significant drop in production after the all-star break, and I expect something similar this season if he is still on the magic. 

 

all that said, he is very fantasy friendly and has big game explosion upside right now and I wouldn't sell for less than a 4th round consistent player. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you guys trade him for Jrue, even though Jrue is struggling right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Would you guys trade him for Jrue, even though Jrue is struggling right now?

 

All day, every day. Jrue is going to beast. Its only really his shot which is off his dimes are massive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are all saying sell high, but do you think it's not possible he maintains similar numbers to last year or even better? Like is 19-10-4 with 2 stocks and good %'s out of the question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sold him and Mirotic for Kevin Durant and wesley matthews.

 

If anyones wondering his trade value, its clearly sky high

Edited by ShayAK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fabrar said:

Would you guys trade him for Jrue, even though Jrue is struggling right now?

I've been targeting Jrue in a couple of leagues but I haven't tried using Vooch as trade bait. I tend to trade for same positions or if not same stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most under-appreciated player in fantasy.

 

You can see it in this thread, where half the people are saying "trade high!" for 1 year wonders like Jrue Holiday, as if Vucci doesn't do this every single year...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it make sense for the Magic to resign the guy? This team would be competitive for playoff contention if they just stop with this point guard-less nonsense and get a proper point guard. Every damn time the Magic falls off the playoff race, they stop playing Vuc and it has killed me for the past three seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.