Sign in to follow this  
Saucy

Nikola Vucevic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

37 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Most under-appreciated player in fantasy.

You can see it in this thread, where half the people are saying "trade high!" for 1 year wonders like Jrue Holiday, as if Vucci doesn't do this every single year...

nobody is arguing that he isnt good. HE IS. It's just every damn season he gets shut down post-break because there's no incentive for Clifford to play Vuc. His value peaks at the start of the season all the way up to mid-season. ESPECIALLY THIS SEASON, when he's a trade risk in February. For people who are risk averse and would rather own a player who doesnt carry a trade risk, this is a perfect time to sell high when he's producing first round value.

It's not a devaluation of Vuc or an underrating. It's risk hedging.

Edited by ellejamil
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

nobody is arguing that he isnt good. HE IS. It's just every damn season he gets shut down post-break because there's no incentive for him to play Vuc. His value peaks at the start of the season all the way up to mid-season. ESPECIALLY THIS SEASON, when he's a trade risk in February. For people who are risk averse and would own a player who doesnt carry a trade risk, this is a perfect time to sell high when he's producing first round value.

It's not a devaluation of Vuc or an underrating. It's risk hedging.

Good point making me wonder if I should pair him + 1/Oladipo for a first round value 

2 hours ago, ellejamil said:

Would it make sense for the Magic to resign the guy? This team would be competitive for playoff contention if they just stop with this point guard-less nonsense and get a proper point guard. Every damn time the Magic falls off the playoff race, they stop playing Vuc and it has killed me for the past three seasons.

It would make probably less sense to resign Vuce as it did Oladipo or Tobias Harris so who knows maybe a max deal is coming. What this franchise as planned in mind boggling.

3 minutes ago, turner46 said:

It would make probably less sense to resign Vuce as it did Oladipo or Tobias Harris so who knows maybe a max deal is coming. What this franchise as planned in mind boggling.

Their Mamba pick sends the message that they'd rather have a modern 5 and look for a PG elsewhere or this PG-less nonsense they're experimenting. Trading Vuc can actually fetch a great guard (Kemba?) or an emerging guard + picks, like Dinwiddie (but Nets dont have picks). Rozier? Teague?

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Their Mamba pick sends the message that they'd rather have a modern 5 and look for a PG elsewhere or this PG-less nonsense they're experimenting. Trading Vuc can actually fetch a great guard (Kemba?) or an emerging guard + picks, like Dinwiddie (but Nets dont have picks). Rozier? Teague?

Ibaka for Oladipo??? Don't think anything they are doing is sending any message, they are borderline the most lost franchise in the association. Clearly the Kings would like to claim so and everyone would agree so likely second lost franchise. Maybe they deal Vuc and Issacc for Ibaka again or Bismack or something Magic like dumb.

1 minute ago, turner46 said:

Ibaka for Oladipo??? Don't think anything they are doing is sending any message, they are borderline the most lost franchise in the association. Clearly the Kings would like to claim so and everyone would agree so likely second lost franchise. Maybe they deal Vuc and Issacc for Ibaka again or Bismack or something Magic like dumb.

Probably not Isaac. He's a rare commodity. I can see them pursuing Kemba but it will cost them more than just Vuc, though why the Hornets would take that given their frontcourt logjam makes this questionable (though none of their big men stands out. Probably Willy?). Rozier?

6 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Probably not Isaac. He's a rare commodity. I can see them pursuing Kemba but it will cost them more than just Vuc, though why the Hornets would take that given their frontcourt logjam makes this questionable (though none of their big men stands out. Probably Willy?). Rozier?

Why wouldnt the Magic wanna try Elf Payton, Victor Oladipo, Aaron Gordon, Tobias Harris and Vuce together. They are a lost cause Gordon got paid but if it is possible to trade Vucevic and lose in the process this club will try to do it.

1 minute ago, turner46 said:

Why wouldnt the Magic wanna try Elf Payton, Victor Oladipo, Aaron Gordon, Tobias Harris and Vuce together. They are a lost cause Gordon got paid but if it is possible to trade Vucevic and lose in the process this club will try to do it.

That was one of the stupidest moves I've seen a team do. I hope they get smarter, because there's only a handful of destinations other than staying in Magic that could either maintain or boost Vuc's fantasy value.

• Like 1

although it's small sample,Vuc stats is very similar to Jokic,but you get him 3-4 round later than jokic :)

frtlo8a5

Edited by kane
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, kane said:

although it's small sample,Vuc stats is very similar to Jokic,but you get him 3-4 round later than jokic :)

frtlo8a5

Funny I was coming in here to basically post the same. I honestly dont think people realize how good Vucevic is. This dude's basketball IQ and intelligence is on par with the elite players in the game. Aside from his limited mobility defensively and PNR defense, he essentially has no weaknesses. His skills are refined and elite. I always though Vogel misused him badly, although he started to show signs last year with the mini breakout, which was ruined by that hand injury. In the right environment he could probably post 85-90% of Jokic's numbers. I pesonally think Orlando would be fools to trade him. I would look to try to build around him and his skill set which is tailor made for today's nba.  This dude just turned 28 and is probably just entering his prime. Any team that get's will be fortunate if the Magic are dumb enough to trade him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Funny I was coming in here to basically post the same. I honestly dont think people realize how good Vucevic is. This dude's basketball IQ and intelligence is on par with the elite players in the game. Aside from his limited mobility defensively and PNR defense, he essentially has no weaknesses. His skills are refined and elite. I always though Vogel misused him badly, although he started to show signs last year with the mini breakout, which was ruined by that hand injury. In the right environment he could probably post 85-90% of Jokic's numbers. I pesonally think Orlando would be fools to trade him. I would look to try to build around him and his skill set which is tailor made for today's nba.  This dude just turned 28 and is probably just entering his prime. Any team that get's will be fortunate if the Magic are dumb enough to trade him. 

Vuc to Lakers could be really fun. He would feast getting fed easy looks by Bron and Lonzo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Yeah but why would he resign for them? I'm sure he is so over that franchise. They are clearly pimping him out to show his value. I'd put him at about 90 % certainty of getting traded. Magic had the last 4 years to build around him but they can't see the forest from the trees... To late for them and another half decade of nothing for the magic... 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ttann71 said:

Vooch out here ya know just out here about to get another DD no big deal

I dealt him for Jamal Murray. Not sure if it was as good as a offer I was gonna get but I pounced. Google the Oladipo trade and Tobias Harris trade, the Bismack Byombo signing, the Elf Payton draft pick then eventual trade. If you want to be awful at least have a process to trust but these Magic are just awful for no apparent reason. Rest, trade, tanking, hell more of these beatings that the Magic have taken in 2 of 6 contests limiting Vuce to 21 and 22 minutes in those games.

On June 23, 2016, Oladipo was traded, along with Ersan İlyasova and the draft rights to Domantas Sabonis, to the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for Serge Ibaka.

stephen-a-smith-reaction_o_gifsoup-com.g

3 minutes ago, turner46 said:

I dealt him for Jamal Murray. Not sure if it was as good as a offer I was gonna get but I pounced. Google the Oladipo trade and Tobias Harris trade, the Bismack Byombo signing, the Elf Payton draft pick then eventual trade. If you want to be awful at least have a process to trust but these Magic are just awful for no apparent reason. Rest, trade, tanking, hell more of these beatings that the Magic have taken in 2 of 6 contests limiting Vuce to 21 and 22 minutes in those games.

On June 23, 2016, Oladipo was traded, along with Ersan İlyasova and the draft rights to Domantas Sabonis, to the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for Serge Ibaka.

Why....

That's not even a sell at average. That's a sell low.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ShayAK said:

Why....

I gained a player that was drafted higher and was also rated higher by me, I probably could have waited and got a better deal but wrong or not I wanted to sell and we shall see how it turns out.

10 minutes ago, turner46 said:

Wow. What a horrible trade. Never seen anyone sell Vuc for that low after a start like this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, crocp said:

Wow. What a horrible trade. Never seen anyone sell Vuc for that low after a start like this. 

Right?

I packaged vuc and mirotic for KD and wes Matthews...

This dudes out here just giving Vuc away.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ShayAK said:

Right?

I packaged vuc and mirotic for KD and wes Matthews...

This dudes out here just giving Vuc away.

I wish I could be in a league where 2 mid round players could net me a 1st rounder. I took Vuce in the 4th, traded for Murray who went in the 3rd, I shall live with it, I would have gave my whole team 4th round and on for KD but not realistic.

• Haha 2

Just now, turner46 said:

I wish I could be in a league where 2 mid round players could net me a 1st rounder. I took Vuce in the 4th, traded for Murray who went in the 3rd, I shall live with it, I would have gave my whole team 4th round and on for KD but not realistic.

3 people wanted to veto but it ended up getting pushed thru.

The guy just had too much faith in the Nikolas. 

But in all fairness Vuc was delivering first round value last year until his injury.

• Like 1

This is peak Vuc, which you could have had a second rounder in return. Murray is 3rd at best, 100 when his shots aren't falling. Wyd

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

This is peak Vuc, which you could have had a second rounder in return. Murray is 3rd at best, 100 when his shots aren't falling. Wyd

Yea I feel like you could have traded Vuc for a struggling Kyrie or something around that level. Hell, maybe even Butler.

Edited by ShayAK
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Just now, ShayAK said:

Yea I feel like you could have traded Vuc for a struggling Kyrie or something around that level.

Probably right and I did likely rush a deal for the sake of a deal. I'm now rushing to deal Kanter for similar reasons to Vuce (free agent at years end and awful on D vs athletic bigs) Otto Porter and Brogdon (have Bledsoe) and Lavine are 2 offers I'm trying to acquire for Enes.

He's a top 10 player so far this season, imagine trading him for a player who isn't even a top 3 player on his own team.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/27/2018 at 8:53 PM, ShayAK said:

Why....

On 10/27/2018 at 9:00 PM, crocp said:

On 10/27/2018 at 9:18 PM, ellejamil said:

On 10/27/2018 at 9:20 PM, ShayAK said:

Yea I feel like you could have traded Vuc for a struggling Kyrie or something around that level. Hell, maybe even Butler.

On 10/27/2018 at 10:31 PM, JStyles said:

He's a top 10 player so far this season, imagine trading him for a player who isn't even a top 3 player on his own team.

I'm not trying to crown anyone's a** but Jamal Murray everyone!!! Anyways if any of you wanna wager $5 to $20 or some type of friendly wager I'm in. If they finish close I feel it should be a push since they are polar opposite positions. But if I'm right on Vucevic I want to be know Vucevic was who turner46 thought Vucevic was and to crown turner46's a**.