Sign in to follow this  
Saucy

Nikola Vucevic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

13 minutes ago, turner46 said:

I'm not trying to crown anyone's a** but Jamal Murray everyone!!! Anyways if any of you wanna wager $5 to $20 or some type of friendly wager I'm in. If they finish close I feel it should be a push since they are polar opposite positions. But if I'm right on Vucevic I want to be know Vucevic was who turner46 thought Vucevic was and to crown turner46's a**.

I'm happy for you, dont get me wrong. But the point of those comments was that at this point, Vucevic has 1st/2nd value and has done so consistently in the first half of the past few seasons, while Murray has never breached 3rd round valuation yet. So right now, Vuc could have been traded for a slumping 2nd rounder/early 3rd rounder. You're right, they could finish the season closer (in fact, Vuc closed the past seasons at the fringes of top-50), but that's a product of the Magic falling out of the playoff race. If he got consistent burn, he can stay at the top-30 all season long. So it's a matter of timing.

Congratulations on your trade though. Murray has a strong chance of improving from last season now that he doesn't have to be the secondary facilitator (w/c is supposed to be Millsap).

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2018 at 6:43 PM, Dent416 said:

You guys are all saying sell high, but do you think it's not possible he maintains similar numbers to last year or even better? Like is 19-10-4 with 2 stocks and good %'s out of the question?

I think he will maintain 16/8/4/1/1/1 wherever he goes.  If he goes to a contender that also means there will be better players drawing attention away from him.  Also, since he’s a solid rebounding big it means he doesn’t need the ball in his hands.

5 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I think he will maintain 16/8/4/1/1/1 wherever he goes.  If he goes to a contender that also means there will be better players drawing attention away from him.  Also, since he’s a solid rebounding big it means he doesn’t need the ball in his hands.

Ditto this. Those aren't bad numbers. I usually take him 60+. When he peaks at 20/10/4/1/1/1, that's sterling and definitely sellable for a turn of the 2nd/3rd player.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, turner46 said:

I'm not trying to crown anyone's a** but Jamal Murray everyone!!! Anyways if any of you wanna wager $5 to $20 or some type of friendly wager I'm in. If they finish close I feel it should be a push since they are polar opposite positions. But if I'm right on Vucevic I want to be know Vucevic was who turner46 thought Vucevic was and to crown turner46's a**.

Calm down....dude is a 3rd option for his team....then Barton comes back hes 3rd fringe 4th.......

Vuc is the #2 option,  but currently is playing like and is the #1 option...

You just sold low....VERY low.

• Like 1

Well, just sold him for Gobert. Hedging my risks already plus im trying to boost my blocks since it's a cat I usually lose. Will definitely miss owning this dude

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Peeps

Vooch has become seriously good player in the last two years.

He’s always been a seriously good player well not always he was a child ? at one point.  But since he’s been an adult he’s been good at basketball.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wonder if there's any chance the Magic are going to be good enough to stay within a whiff of the 8th seed, if they end up riding Vuc all season instead of a tank or trade. Cleveland and Chicago look awful, the Hawks and Knicks aren't much better.

If it's the Nets and Wizards fighting for the 8th seed, and the Magic can stay healthy, it could be possible they stay within 4-5 games.

1 minute ago, JStyles said:

Wonder if there's any chance the Magic are going to be good enough to stay within a whiff of the 8th seed, if they end up riding Vuc all season instead of a tank or trade. Cleveland and Chicago look awful, the Hawks and Knicks aren't much better.

If it's the Nets and Wizards fighting for the 8th seed, and the Magic can stay healthy, it could be possible they stay within 4-5 games.

They risk letting him walk for nothing this summer if they don't trade him.

he always plays good against the 76ers. he got his triple dub this season against them i think

• Like 1

Just traded CJ McCollum and Adams for him and baze. Might be buying high but if Magic continues this playoff chase, I know I win this trade in the long run. 

Are we thinking a trade goes down here? Would make sense for ORL to get something in return. From a fantasy standpoint, that playoff schedule is poison for week 2. Perhaps that’s why his GM keeps trying to trade him my way.

15 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Are we thinking a trade goes down here? Would make sense for ORL to get something in return. From a fantasy standpoint, that playoff schedule is poison for week 2. Perhaps that’s why his GM keeps trying to trade him my way.

Everyone on this forum assumes he will be traded because the Magic aren’t projected to be good, he has trade value, and they think Bamba needs minutes.  As someone who lives near Orlando there’s no indication from my end that he actually will be traded.  The team is playing well, they’re unlikely to get equal value on the market, they’ve had people like Ibaka along with Vuc and they opted to keep Vuc over Ibaka, no reason to assume they value Bamba over Vuc atm etc.  A trade makes sense but of the possible trades that make sense and could go down each year only a small minority of them actually do and imo it’s mostly rotoworlders playing GM.  If he does get traded he will almost certainly be the best center on any team he gets traded to so imo his outlook his solid. Also, there seems to be an anti-European bias whether it’s justified or not guys like Gallo, Miro, Vuc, the Gasol brothers etc always seem to be underrated, labeleled soft or injury prone, etc.  My inclination is to ride Vuc until the wheels fall off but I could be wrong. 

• Like 3

I'm going to miss this guy. 

Just traded him for DeMar DeRozan. 

Vuc has been a tank truly all year. I wanted to ride him until the wheels fell off, but I liked the offer way too much.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thetomkuczek said:

Vuc has been a tank truly all year. I wanted to ride him until the wheels fell off, but I liked the offer way too much.

Yup, I had the same emotions when I traded him for Lillard 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JohnnyTsunami said:

Yup, I had the same emotions when I traded him for Lillard 

Very solid! I would have loved to get Lillard, but the owner is emotionally invested in him. One of his favorite players..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, thetomkuczek said:

Great trade for you. Derozan is balling out this year. 

I got some offers for Vuc but they're all kind low-balls with everyone assuming his production will suddenly become waiver-wire fodder if he gets traded lol. FOr all we know he might end up in an even better situation. Imagine him on the Lakers getting fed by Bron and Lonzo.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, thetomkuczek said:

I am a big Vuc fan but I’m not insane. If you’re getting someone like DeRozan who will provide top 20 value ros and you can shed Vuc’s perceived risk regardless of whether I think that risk is justified you should probably do it ofc with the caveat that it depends on team needs. There are teams I have where if I was offered derozan I would snap call but I can think of at least two where I need the boards.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fabrar said:

Imagine him on the Lakers getting fed by Bron and Lonzo.

Your words brings tears to my eyez.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Rode Vuc to a high standing, but I just packaged him and Bledsoe for Jimmy Butler and Capela. Rolling the dice on a contented Butler.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Royloi said:

Rode Vuc to a high standing, but I just packaged him and Bledsoe for Jimmy Butler and Capela. Rolling the dice on a contented Butler.

Think Butler is a big upgrade over Bledsoe and Capela is an upgrade over Vuc if you’re punting FT, otherwise meh. 

Oh it's F UCKED UP for me right now... I have been offered Siakam + Tobias for Vooch ... Oh Dear Lord... it's tormenting...

Edited by Stefan