Saucy

Karl-Anthony Towns 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Natetpk3 said:

This is a really extreme opinion to most people but I’d honestly trade Towns to Miami instead. Towns and Wiggins for Richardson Whiteside, and James Johnson plus a 2nd rounder. Whiteside and Richardson are more of Thibs style. If they want to build around Towns you have to get rid of Thibs. I just don’t think Thibs is the right coach for him. Mentally he’s checked out and he’s already kinda soft physically. I feel like if he would be more aggressive he’d easily be the #2 center behind Embidd, but he doesn’t have that killer instinct and is really folding mentally in this situation making it worse. Thibs is in win now mode, towns just seems to want to be the main guy and isn’t prioritizing winning or coming together as a team. Sure Butler is no saint and was wrong to get the media involved but you can’t deny butlers will to win which is more important then Towns individual wants.

this sounds good on paper but Whiteside and Butler together is highly combustible

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mikhail1992 said:

Should i try to sell him as high as possible now?

Sell high for whom? There’s only a handful of players with a better ROS outlook than KAT, and you’re not getting AD for him right now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to give him a break with all this mental stuff.  We forget this guy is only 22.  His life is playing basketball, playing video games and streaming BS, smashing hotties and is potentially set to earn just under a fifth of a billion dollars over the next 5 years for doing so.  190 f**king million dollars.  Can you honestly see why he might not be the most mentally mature yet?  You can't blame him for having at the very least a sliver of a spoiled kid mentality when you're quite literally living the dream.  Butler has supposedly grown up with a truckload of stuff to give him a chip on his shoulder (which is why he's a stubborn a$$hole).  For all intents and purposes Towns and Wiggins have not are and that's why those 3 are oil and water.

 

Towns will mature over time, most people do eventually, but honestly it wouldn't surprise me if these maturity issues take a while to sort themselves out.  The Timberwolves can either pander to KAT (which they probably will do considering they promised him a few things upon signing his extension this preseason) or keep Butler and potentially have a season where KAT under produces (which is probably what Thibs wants).  Either way I think if you own KAT you have to stay patient because nobody right now is going to give you Giannis, Curry, AD or Harden for KAT and in standard 9cat they're the only ones I would trade KAT for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

You have to give him a break with all this mental stuff.  We forget this guy is only 22.  His life is playing basketball, playing video games and streaming BS, smashing hotties and is potentially set to earn just under a fifth of a billion dollars over the next 5 years for doing so.  190 f**king million dollars.  Can you honestly see why he might not be the most mentally mature yet?  You can't blame him for having at the very least a sliver of a spoiled kid mentality when you're quite literally living the dream.  Butler has supposedly grown up with a truckload of stuff to give him a chip on his shoulder (which is why he's a stubborn a$$hole).  For all intents and purposes Towns and Wiggins have not are and that's why those 3 are oil and water.

 

Towns will mature over time, most people do eventually, but honestly it wouldn't surprise me if these maturity issues take a while to sort themselves out.  The Timberwolves can either pander to KAT (which they probably will do considering they promised him a few things upon signing his extension this preseason) or keep Butler and potentially have a season where KAT under produces (which is probably what Thibs wants).  Either way I think if you own KAT you have to stay patient because nobody right now is going to give you Giannis, Curry, AD or Harden for KAT and in standard 9cat they're the only ones I would trade KAT for.

 

Poor guy

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sasuke7201 said:

Still couldnt believe I take him before harden....:ph34r:

 

I took him before Westbrook, Leonard, Curry, Durant, Lillard, Jokic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN should put up mental projections on the players based on the therapy sessions they have every year. 

 

If Towns is indeed a snowflake, he should be picked at least after #5.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got Kawhi for him if anyone is looking to send out feelers.  I personally think Kawhi has top 5 potential this year and is actually better for my build.  Happy with my trade -- KAT looks throwed off in the head and I don't want any part of it.

 

Good luck to whoever sticks with him - the talent is there but maybe not the mind.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

I got Kawhi for him if anyone is looking to send out feelers.  I personally think Kawhi has top 5 potential this year and is actually better for my build.  Happy with my trade -- KAT looks throwed off in the head and I don't want any part of it.

 

Good luck to whoever sticks with him - the talent is there but maybe not the mind.

i have kawhi and no chance i do this so good job. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Towns in 1 league, and I wouldn't even consider trading him for Kawhi.

 

Fun fact: Both Raptors and Wolves have played 5 games each so far. Kawhi is ranked 13th in 9-cat (total value). KAT is ranked 14th.

 

That's despite KAT shooting at 42% (compared to 55% last year over 82 games, so that's definitely going to go up). Why are they so close? Cause Kawhi's already missed a game. That matters.

 

The fact that Kawhi is playing phenomenally and posting similar value to KAT who's sucking based on his proven past performances shows you the potential gap between the two. When KAT starts going off, it's not going to be close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KAT is frustrating to own, not because he doesn't put up stats, but because owners know that he could be putting up significantly better numbers if he had any heart. Instead, he is cool with deferring to his teammates. 

 

The dude is shooting over 50pct from 3, 94pct from the FT and getting 2 blocks a game.  If you didn't know his other stats you would think he was putting 30/12 a night.

 

The points/rebs will all come,  but it's still frustrating to own a player that should be averaging 27ppg/12rebs only get 17/9. 


I suggest everyone buy low so we can all be frustrated KAT owners together. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

I have Towns in 1 league, and I wouldn't even consider trading him for Kawhi.

 

Fun fact: Both Raptors and Wolves have played 5 games each so far. Kawhi is ranked 13th in 9-cat (total value). KAT is ranked 14th.

 

That's despite KAT shooting at 42% (compared to 55% last year over 82 games, so that's definitely going to go up). Why are they so close? Cause Kawhi's already missed a game. That matters.

 

The fact that Kawhi is playing phenomenally and posting similar value to KAT who's sucking based on his proven past performances shows you the potential gap between the two. When KAT starts going off, it's not going to be close.

 

Personal preference I guess.  Some people prefer “now” instead of “when” or “if”.

 

Obviously don’t give KAT away, but I don’t think you’ll find many arguing that a player like Kawhi isn’t worth obtaining.  He would have been picked as a top 5-10 player if you knew at draft time that he was back to his elite self.  

 

I believe by the end of the season you’ll find it’s closer than you think.  Again, just personal opinion here.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lookin like a tasty buy low not gonna lie... I owned him 2 years ago when Lavine and Wiggins were stealing shots and I coped with it so I think I’m ready to be hurt again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

stay the course fellow kat owners.  he's a proven stud.  we'll just s--- and moan and vent in this thread til he's alright lol

Edited by flippy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

You have to give him a break with all this mental stuff.  We forget this guy is only 22.  His life is playing basketball, playing video games and streaming BS, smashing hotties and is potentially set to earn just under a fifth of a billion dollars over the next 5 years for doing so.  190 f**king million dollars.  Can you honestly see why he might not be the most mentally mature yet?  You can't blame him for having at the very least a sliver of a spoiled kid mentality when you're quite literally living the dream.  Butler has supposedly grown up with a truckload of stuff to give him a chip on his shoulder (which is why he's a stubborn a$$hole).  For all intents and purposes Towns and Wiggins have not are and that's why those 3 are oil and water.

 

Towns will mature over time, most people do eventually, but honestly it wouldn't surprise me if these maturity issues take a while to sort themselves out.  The Timberwolves can either pander to KAT (which they probably will do considering they promised him a few things upon signing his extension this preseason) or keep Butler and potentially have a season where KAT under produces (which is probably what Thibs wants).  Either way I think if you own KAT you have to stay patient because nobody right now is going to give you Giannis, Curry, AD or Harden for KAT and in standard 9cat they're the only ones I would trade KAT for.

AD: 25 years old

Giannis: 24 years old

Jokic: 23 years old

Booker: 21 years old

 

These guys all got paid big money and they all play much harder than KAT and are pretty much carrying their teams. No excuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Butler thing has really effed with his head, I think part of it has been Thibs radio silence on the whole ordeal and knowing that Butler is Thibs guy, maybe he thinks his own coach isn't on his side (total speculation on my part there). 

 

But regardless, he's going to be fine. Hell, he had 31 pts with 4 3s a couple days ago. When he's back to 25/12 with multiple blocks and 3s per night and practically winning you the FG% cat shooting 54+% on 15+ shots/game...we'll all remember why he's so valuable. I've owned KAT since he came into the league and once he gets going he's as automatic as they come. His offensive game is too diverse and he's too talented to remain slumped forever. Don't panic sell on one of the most bankable players in fantasy after 5 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, '71 Bucks said:

This Butler thing has really effed with his head, I think part of it has been Thibs radio silence on the whole ordeal and knowing that Butler is Thibs guy, maybe he thinks his own coach isn't on his side (total speculation on my part there). 

 

But regardless, he's going to be fine. Hell, he had 31 pts with 4 3s a couple days ago. When he's back to 25/12 with multiple blocks and 3s per night and practically winning you the FG% cat shooting 54+% on 15+ shots/game...we'll all remember why he's so valuable. I've owned KAT since he came into the league and once he gets going he's as automatic as they come. His offensive game is too diverse and he's too talented to remain slumped forever. Don't panic sell on one of the most bankable players in fantasy after 5 games. 

I disagree. What KAT needs to do is stop playing so much Fortnite and stop messing around with sluts and start focusing on his game. KAT is NOT Ninja (the GOAT Fortnite player according to MSM). He needs to focus on his strengths and not his weaknesses. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the list of players who are "frustrating to own," KAT would be pretty far down there for anyone with common sense.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I don't think KAT is that much affected by Jimmy's comments but rather he's unfocused...

 

Have you guys seen his girlfriend? Bodacious slutty white girl. KAT is probably spending too much energy making pound cake instead of becoming the Hall of Famer that he can be.

 

All in all, I really hope he comes around cause I have no other legit Center on my team....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, fantasm said:

Yeah I don't think KAT is that much affected by Jimmy's comments but rather he's unfocused...

 

Have you guys seen his girlfriend? Bodacious slutty white girl. KAT is probably spending too much energy making pound cake instead of becoming the Hall of Famer that he can be.

 

All in all, I really hope he comes around cause I have no other legit Center on my team....

I am pretty sure they broke up a while ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.