Saucy

Karl-Anthony Towns 2018-2019 Season Outlook

23 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Well...that settles it then. Jimmy is out the door. Thibs will probably follow. Fire up KAT as the #3 pick behind AD and Giannis, he's about to go off

LATEST NEWS

RECENT NEWS

Karl-Anthony Towns and the Wolves have agreed to a five-year, $190 million super-maximum extension, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com.
In what has been a week of bad news in Minnesota, the Wolves finally lock up one of the best young players in the NBA. Despite some controversy, there was almost no doubt that the Wolves were going to sign Towns because it's almost impossible for KAT to turn down this type of money. Sure, he's been the most durable player in the NBA with his 82-82-82 games-played log per season, but now he has financial security for life. With Jimmy Butler headed out of town, KAT is likely set for a career year after he's improved his efficiency, free throw rate and several other stats in each of his three seasons. He's locked in as a top-two pick in fantasy leagues in basically all formats. Sep 22 - 8:50 PM

Give me KAT over Giannis in all formats. They are close, but KAT has a pretty clear edge. I still think a lot of people will take Harden #2 overall, but you need that #2 pick if you want to have decent odds of landing KAT this year. 

• Like 2

Beast season incoming

27ppg (50%, 80% on volume) 1.7 threes, 12 rpg, 3 apg, 0.5 spg, 1.5 bpg, 2.4 TO

• Like 2

11 hours ago, thezing1 said:

Westbrook just went 12 overall in my 8 cat draft. I don't think he is coming back to the 24/25 turn in 99% of leagues. I think you should focus on this concept, but don't pigeonhole yourself into Westbrook. Look for similar stats or builds to this pairing if you want to try this roster construction. I will caution you though, you are going to sacrifice TOs, FG%, and then you need to be real careful sourcing blocks without compromising your FT%.  

If I take Harden in the first I am going to do one of 2 things. I am either getting blocks that don't compromise my FT% or I am going to cat kill and build off of Harden's elite cats. You can't have it all so you just need to commit to sourcing the point guard type stats or the blocks that don't hurt your FT%. That is about as simplified as it can get. Obviously, if you play H2H I would tell you cat kill. If you play roto I would still tell you to cat kill, but that might mean cat killing blocks if you can address that at 2/3 and then circling back to the elite cats of Harden. 

Honestly, I feel like there is a lot more versatility with a KAT build than a Harden build. I say that just because bigs that block shots without hurting your FT% tend to become much less dynamic later in drafts where the lower tiers of guards are still dynamic but just drop from elite to average/above average in cats like points, assists, etc. Personally, I think Jokic is a really interesting build option in the first. He literally touches every category and allows you to cat kill the PG stats or the bigs stats while giving you a foundation in threes, and %'s. You can make a really strong argument that Jokic is a better build option than say Greek, Curry, Lebron, etc. 

Let me know if I am not addressing your questions properly and I will try to be more detailed. This topic is of pairings, builds, roster construction is best done on a conceptual level, IMO. 

Nice man.  I wasn't going to pigeonhole myself into Westbrook, just speculating on if he drops because of his knee surgery and that his FT% was way down.  

For Harden and what you mentioned, it seems like you would have to target someone like Turner, Allen, or Collins for blocks without destroying your FT, maybe even two of the 3, at the expense of stat killing.

For pairing with Harden I would probably look to Jrue Holiday if he's there at the turn, which is increasingly looking like it's unlikely.  He's gone easy top 20.  Probably players like Kemba, Lowry, Beal, Harris, Middleton, Kyrie, Mitchell, seem like feasible options that might still be available.    

For KAT I would probably be looking to make up steals and assists (if I'm not punting assists).  Harris, CP3 and Middleton would come to mind.  Maybe a Capela to stack the big man stats, and if you take one of the 3 players mentioned you're still strong in FT.    

Jokic is dope too, and someone I would target at #4 after the big 3 of KAT, AD, and Harden.  

Worthwhile discussion to keep going imo.  I appreciate your input. 

5 hours ago, Mikhov said:

Beast season incoming

27ppg (50%, 80% on volume) 1.7 threes, 12 rpg, 3 apg, 0.5 spg, 1.5 bpg, 2.4 TO

50%? I cannot see that happening, he has been a really steady 54+% Other stats look spot on

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RipCity0 said:

50%? I cannot see that happening, he has been a really steady 54+% Other stats look spot on

50%+* not gonna try guessing the exact % lol

Teague will definitely get to feed him more this time around without Jimmy and he’ll be able to get more pops or drives for sure

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

Yep he’s a 55%/85% guy, 27ppg would be nice - it depends what they get for Jimmy but you’d expect a bump back to at least 25-26ppg.

2 hours ago, bkw77 said:

Yep he’s a 55%/85% guy, 27ppg would be nice - it depends what they get for Jimmy but you’d expect a bump back to at least 25-26ppg.

Man... IDK... I can see him going 28-29-30 PPG... he's really good... 

Aaand what else ?? Hmmm oh yeah... now if I got NO. 1. pick... I'm in a dilemma...

AD (without Boogie but still kinda injury prone guy)

or

KAT (without Jimmy and playing 82 games) ?

It's a neck and neck fight...

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Man... IDK... I can see him going 28-29-30 PPG... he's really good... 

Aaand what else ?? Hmmm oh yeah... now if I got NO. 1. pick... I'm in a dilemma...

AD (without Boogie but still kinda injury prone guy)

or

KAT (without Jimmy and playing 82 games) ?

It's a neck and neck fight...

#1 overall would still have to be AD for me. I legitimately believe he'll be a 30/10 guy this year. Combined with his 2+ blks and elite efficiency there's no way you can take anyone else at the top. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, fabrar said:

#1 overall would still have to be AD for me. I legitimately believe he'll be a 30/10 guy this year. Combined with his 2+ blks and elite efficiency there's no way you can take anyone else at the top. 

Exactly, AD will be gunning for the MVP award this year. 

But I think it’s worth mentioning that KAT will earn an additional 40M (150M to 190M) in his contract if he makes an All NBA Team this year. That and Jimmy’s departure and you have a recipe for fantasy domination. I won’t be laughing if someone took KAT over AD this year. I do think though that the recent events nudges Harden to the 3rd spot in fantasy. AD and KAT should be top two. 

• Like 1

Has been my 1st round pick each of the past two seasons. Will do what I can to make it 3. He is the easiest and safest player to build around in my opinion. 

• Like 1

In the post-Butler era, would you guys pref KAT in competitive leagues over AD?

2 hours ago, PAX said:

In the post-Butler era, would you guys pref KAT in competitive leagues over AD?

No. AD has KAT killed in steals + blocks. He's the #1 pick, no doubt.

23 minutes ago, Saucy said:

No. AD has KAT killed in steals + blocks. He's the #1 pick, no doubt.

I had the 2 pick and I took AD over towns. I think he’s gonna have a monster year 

12 hours ago, Portis4Potus said:

I had the 2 pick and I took AD over towns. I think he’s gonna have a monster year 

Same here. The first pick in our league chose LBJ.

I can't justify him over Davis, but the more I've looked at this, the more I think starting your draft with one of the elite bigs is the best way to go. Does he sneak by Harden for the 2nd pick? I just feel its much easier to construct a team around KAT/AD/Jokic/Bron than it is Harden/Dame/Russ

• Like 1

I don't understand about what constructing and building you are talking? Just pick a good players and that's all. Of course you have to keep certain balance between big and small players, fill all positions and try to follow every category stats. But this is not a building...

Just now, apatas said:

I don't understand about what constructing and building you are talking? Just pick a good players and that's all. Of course you have to keep certain balance between big and small players, fill all positions and try to follow every category stats. But this is not a building...

If I draft Harden, Dame, or Russ I feel like I NEED to commit to a punt fg% build. If I take a big man, I feel like i can comfortably take next best available. There is also a much bigger drop-off in bigs than in guards I feel. Maybe I am wrong, but I feel like taking a big early is very advantages. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Saucy said:

If I draft Harden, Dame, or Russ I feel like I NEED to commit to a punt fg% build. If I take a big man, I feel like i can comfortably take next best available. There is also a much bigger drop-off in bigs than in guards I feel. Maybe I am wrong, but I feel like taking a big early is very advantages. 

In general, if I take a big in the first I am going to try and circle back with a big in the second and just set up a base to be elite in the "bigs" categories. Then I address the guards and forwards that fall as the rest of the people scramble and reach for bigs. Obviously, this isn't always an option since there are only a couple of bigs you can take in the first round. 

10 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

In general, if I take a big in the first I am going to try and circle back with a big in the second and just set up a base to be elite in the "bigs" categories. Then I address the guards and forwards that fall as the rest of the people scramble and reach for bigs. Obviously, this isn't always an option since there are only a couple of bigs you can take in the first round. 

I have the third pick, and intend to do this. The goal is to grab Karl-Anthony Towns and Rudy Gobert with 3 and 22 and then with 27 to grab a Beal, Middleton type and punt assists.

2 hours ago, Saucy said:

I have the third pick, and intend to do this. The goal is to grab Karl-Anthony Towns and Rudy Gobert with 3 and 22 and then with 27 to grab a Beal, Middleton type and punt assists.

Good chance Gobert won't be there at 22. Plan B?

Edited by Pirate

10 hours ago, thezing1 said:

I am never so strict as you. Basically only thing which I try to follow is that during first 3 rounds I draft one PF/C and one PG. But even this rule I don't follow in every draft. I feel that following certain rules just creates some restrictions - you can't pick many players but I try always be free in picking. And I consider it not as "building". In actual building you have to find bricks which fit into holes, but draft is not a construction work.

Edited by apatas

5 hours ago, apatas said:

I am never so strict as you. Basically only thing which I try to follow is that during first 3 rounds I draft one PF/C and one PG. But even this rule I don't follow in every draft. I feel that following certain rules just creates some restrictions - you can't pick many players but I try always be free in picking. And I consider it not as "building". In actual building you have to find bricks which fit into holes, but draft is not a construction work.

This year it's better to take a big man in 2nd because of the Yahoo rankings. The point guards in the 2nd are not worth a 2nd round pick imo like lowry kyrie kemba wall jrue etc. Also often at least one of them slips somewhere into the 3rd round. I agree with the guy you quoted that when you start with a big it's a great idea in punt assist to cement the big man cats with another dominant big, especially if the 2nd big covers weaknesses of the 1st round big. Kat Gobert combo does this because it makes you extremely dominant in fg% and rebs and Gobert gives you the elite blocks that is kats weakness. The only weakness for a punt assist team at this point is steals and 3s. This just means you must focus these throughout the draft but that is not difficult because with that pairing you don't need to take a big really until round 5 or 6 or until you like the players available. Focus on wings and guards that are good for pts 3s steals and ft%. Can ignore fg for a bit with the security of your top 2 being 53% and 60% fg+

Edited by richg24