Saucy

Karl-Anthony Towns 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Derrick Rose made 6-of-10 from the field for 16 points as the starting shooting guard on Saturday, adding one assist, two steals and one 3-pointer in 21 minutes.

Don't do it, Thibs. Don't you dare give Rose more shots than Karl-Anthony Towns, who had just eight. Rose could have a chance to hold down the fort at shooting guard, but you would think the Wolves are looking to add a wing in a Jimmy Butler deal. There are likely better targets than Rose in just about all leagues.

Sep 29 - 11:05 PM

This is honestly hilarious. Who writes these Rotoworld blurbs...No doubt they will release an article stating don't overreact to preseason (as per the normal publications every year) and then this rubbish is published. Earth to Rotoworld...it's preseason. Maybe just maybe they are trying a few things with their offense...Do they seriously think the guy who just signed $190M supermax is going to get 8 shots per game and the offense is going to run through Derrick Rose...:lol:

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jake the snake said:

Derrick Rose made 6-of-10 from the field for 16 points as the starting shooting guard on Saturday, adding one assist, two steals and one 3-pointer in 21 minutes.

Don't do it, Thibs. Don't you dare give Rose more shots than Karl-Anthony Towns, who had just eight. Rose could have a chance to hold down the fort at shooting guard, but you would think the Wolves are looking to add a wing in a Jimmy Butler deal. There are likely better targets than Rose in just about all leagues.

This is honestly hilarious. Who writes these Rotoworld blurbs...No doubt they will release an article stating don't overreact to preseason (as per the normal publications every year) and then this rubbish is published. Earth to Rotoworld...it's preseason. Maybe just maybe they are trying a few things with their offense...Do they seriously think the guy who just signed $190M supermax is going to get 8 shots per game and the offense is going to run through Derrick Rose...:lol:

To tell you the truth I am terrified of the idea D. Rose starting at SG...

KAT should be legit 30-15 guy... but I have a feeling he won't be that. :(  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Yes. In all honesty, they can be trying a few things but it’s not out of the question because clearly if Thibs is bringing all his old Chicago players back he may still believe they are his best chances to keep his job and not KAT. Lol. 

But it it is quite funny.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Yes. In all honesty, they can be trying a few things but it’s not out of the question because clearly if Thibs is bringing all his old Chicago players back he may still believe they are his best chances to keep his job and not KAT. Lol. 

But it it is quite funny.

As soon as Noah gets bought on he'll probably join DRose, Gibson and Deng in Minnesota, hopefully the owner fires Thibs.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Thibs doesnt seem to care about what the ownership wants and after owning him last year and seeing him call for the ball only to be ignored by teammates  repeatedly (you would expect the coach to have a say), I won't put it past the realm of possibility

3rd pick not too early for him right? Or am I better off going with Harden or Giannis? I want to punt assists, I think the ADPs on ESPN are really conducive to that.

4 minutes ago, Saucy said:

3rd pick not too early for him right? Or am I better off going with Harden or Giannis? I want to punt assists, I think the ADPs on ESPN are really conducive to that.

Ive got him #2 behind AD as it is, but especially if you're punting assists, KAT is the pick over Harden and Giannis. 

6 minutes ago, theantishere said:

Ive got him #2 behind AD as it is, but especially if you're punting assists, KAT is the pick over Harden and Giannis. 

No concerns over this D-Rose crap?

1 hour ago, Saucy said:

No concerns over this D-Rose crap?

Concerned over the coach but not D rose, don’t see thibs lasting this year.

All it will take is drawing out this Butler issue or the young guns pouting for ownership to drop the axe IMO

9 hours ago, Mikhov said:

Concerned over the coach but not D rose, don’t see thibs lasting this year.

Losing Thibs might be a good thing however

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2018 at 3:02 AM, apatas said:

I am never so strict as you. Basically only thing which I try to follow is that during first 3 rounds I draft one PF/C and one PG. But even this rule I don't follow in every draft. I feel that following certain rules just creates some restrictions - you can't pick many players but I try always be free in picking. And I consider it not as "building". In actual building you have to find bricks which fit into holes, but draft is not a construction work.

I can see how that comes across for me. I really focus on comparative advantages and positional scarcity with categorical scarcity. The end result is me ranking bigs higher than the rankings sites. I have written a bit about how I decide my first round pick and who to match in the second, and that is a preference and mine is usually category killing. I am not the roto player that believes in balanced picks throughout a draft. I believe in categorical dominance that needs to be balanced throughout a draft. 

Sorry if my posts come across as a person that tries to fit a square peg through a round hole because that isn't my intent. I have been branching out based on my draft position. This is just a really detailed conversation that is tough to cover in a forum post. 

7 hours ago, thezing1 said:

I can see how that comes across for me. I really focus on comparative advantages and positional scarcity with categorical scarcity. The end result is me ranking bigs higher than the rankings sites. I have written a bit about how I decide my first round pick and who to match in the second, and that is a preference and mine is usually category killing. I am not the roto player that believes in balanced picks throughout a draft. I believe in categorical dominance that needs to be balanced throughout a draft. 

Sorry if my posts come across as a person that tries to fit a square peg through a round hole because that isn't my intent. I have been branching out based on my draft position. This is just a really detailed conversation that is tough to cover in a forum post. 

Oh, sorry, that is for me too advanced English. My native language is not English. All what I understand is that you are doing much work, but I take draft more easy.

3 minutes ago, apatas said:

Oh, sorry, that is for me too advanced English. My native language is not English. All what I understand is that you are doing much work, but I take draft more easy.

No problem. I know I spend a lot of time on this because I think it is fun and try to find some edges over the competition. If you ever have questions I will try my best to explain. 

12 hours ago, Saucy said:

Losing Thibs might be a good thing however

For the sake of the TWolves yeah for sure 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Any thoughts on how the Jimmy Butler situation affects Towns?

Either gets to shoot 8 times a game again or lights a fire under his butt and he starts playing aggressive. Especially on defense. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Any thoughts on how the Jimmy Butler situation affects Towns?

Towns owners desperately want Butler gone. I plan on being a KAT owner either way, but with Butler out of the way he will be a beast. 

• Like 1

I picked this guy over Giannis last night.   Not sure why but i'm starting to question my choice over Giannis.  

Thoughts?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

I picked this guy over Giannis last night.   Not sure why but i'm starting to question my choice over Giannis.  

Thoughts?

It's just unsettling hearing that your KAT is actually a kitten, all week... smh

21 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Thoughts?

To me, there's clear tiers:

Davis

Harden

KAT

Giannis

Durant/Steph/Lebron

In the leagues where Harden fell to me because someone loved Giannis, I took Harden without thinking twice.  But in the one league where I had third and the first tier was gone, I picked KAT and didn't think twice.

Of course, there's no telling how it shakes out.  But Giannis was 8th last year, his stocks dropped, and his minutes are guaranteed to drop this year.  He's a great player and you can easily win a fantasy championship with him, but KAT is #3 to me and I'm losing no sleep over it.

• Like 3

I'm in guys. Got him at 5. Wasn't the ideal situation, had him last year. I hope Butler gets dealt so we can see the real towns from two years ago