Saucy

Karl-Anthony Towns 2018-2019 Season Outlook

4 hours ago, ejaggit said:

I'm in guys. Got him at 5. Wasn't the ideal situation, had him last year. I hope Butler gets dealt so we can see the real towns from two years ago

5?

Davis

Freak

Harden

Durant

I hope those were the 4 picks ahead of KAT. And only 2 of those 4 are debatable, the other 2 should not be picked ahead of KAT in any format. Any format.

And btw, Rose will be lucky to played about 41 games at a "starter" for about 25.0 mins a night. I would take the under on both instances and the over on him missing half the season due to injuries or wanting to retired.

1 hour ago, ginocan said:

5?

Davis

Freak

Harden

Durant

I hope those were the 4 picks ahead of KAT. And only 2 of those 4 are debatable, the other 2 should not be picked ahead of KAT in any format. Any format.

And btw, Rose will be lucky to played about 41 games at a "starter" for about 25.0 mins a night. I would take the under on both instances and the over on him missing half the season due to injuries or wanting to retired.

His playoff schedule is a factor. 

9 hours ago, ginocan said:

5?

Davis

Freak

Harden

Durant

It went Davis, harden Giannis, LBJ.... 

I like Towns as a player but Butler and/or Wiggins needs to go in order for him to snap like the previous season 

Looks like the best way to defend KAT is to let Derrick rose shoot whenever he wants :lol:

i know its preseason. but why towns only have 4 shots and rose/teague have 25+? hell gibson have 6 shots. ******** terrible

7 minutes ago, flippy said:

i know its preseason. but why towns only have 4 shots and rose/teague have 25+? hell gibson have 6 shots. ******** terrible

very reminiscent of last season... 

it's on Thibs

12 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Thibs has no control of this team and KAT is soft... Looks like Jimmy B was right

they need him qouting jimmy lol

Kat is like a 10-12 pick currently. Kat is the type of guy that would feast in a losing situation. In a winning situation he’s a 2nd or 3rd option.

thibs coaches to win so kats numbers Wil fluctuate all season  unless thibs gets canned 

Until Jimmy is there, KAT can't focus. Expect his stats to be a roller coaster

Edited by PAX
  • Like 2

Couldn't have asked for a worse preseason showing right after the whole 'Jimmy Butler b*tches the entire Timberwolves organisation' scrimmage.  KAT came out looking horrible and the rest of the Wolves looked limp. 

For both his sake and the sake of the team I hope KAT comes out during the regular season and absolutely tears teams apart.  He needs to play with a chip on his shoulder, ironically the same way Butler does, but I'm skeptical he does this.  As a KAT owner I'm worried.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam

So with all things considered after Jimmy did what he did... where are you guys drafting KAT now?

Have the 3rd pick in a 14 team 10 cat (9 cat + OREB) league on Sunday, and I'm almost certain that AD will for sure be gone by the time I draft, so I'm probably going to end up deciding between Harden, KAT, and Giannis.

What would be the top four in that format?

Edit: I'm having difficulty with these 14 team mocks drafting Giannis and making a decent punt FT% team afterwards, so it probably won't be him... but also can't find enough rebounds and blocks drafting Harden in a punt FG% & TO format.

Edited by alclayno

Thanks for posting those. 

They're definitely worrying but are they shocking?  A lot of what was said in those quotes I think is fair.  Even though it's a preseason game they did get embarrassed and KAT sounds like he's just saying that's unacceptable.  It's no secret KAT wants Butler gone and he's obviously not happy this Butler trade situation has turned completely FUBAR.  It wouldn't surprise me if KAT's frustration is affecting his game. 

"TWolves are kind of a mess right now" is the understatement of the century. 

• Haha 1

Lol this team is such a damn mess. They need a complete do-over, like fire thibs, get rid of Jimmy, somehow get rid of wiggins' contract and start over with KAT from square one. Otherwise he is gonna be the 2nd generationally talented big man whose prime will be wasted by Minnesota 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I actually look at this mess as a positive for KAT. It may hurt him in pre-season (who cares), it may hurt him to start the year but you have to know the Twolves will either trade Butler or work things out. It's not possible for a team to let this cancerous situation linger for too much longer. 

To clarify Rose, Butler nor Thibbs is a concern for me. This team spent way too much money on KAT to not make him a priority. 

And if you didn't draft KAT try to low ball the fnck out of whoever did because they might be panicking... Much like Butler owners did last year. 

Edited by HarmStrong

6 hours ago, fabrar said:

fire thibs

This is the single biggest hurdle that has to be overcome before the team can begin to move forward. The T'Wolves owner came right out and said if any team was having trouble completing a trade for Butler to go around Thibs and deal directly with him. Well, it appears that exact scenario occurred with Pat Riley, yet what Thibs wants (Butler staying), Thibs continues to get. And it's causing complete chaos.

• Like 1

The deal with the heat didn't seem very good because of the inclusion of waiters that has 3 yrs @12m/yr left on his contract and is neither healthy nor very good. Combined w the money they have tied to Dieng (15,16,17) they would be in cap hell for the next 3 years. That's 30m per w/o mentioning their 2 max guys. Also Miami's 1st Rd pick wont be very high with butler there