Auction>Snake

Joel Embiid 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, DoctorLove said:

Whats the likelihood the assists are real? 6-7 per game?

JJ Redick is in the starting lineup now. Him and Jojo have great chemistry. Most of Joel's assists goes to Reddick in PNR and GiveNgo plays. Also, Butler is a great cutter. Cutters are players helping in space creation for Embiid. Snipers (like Roco) were helping in space creation for Simmons. An uptick in assists makes sense, like 5-5,5 (+1,5-2 increase). So there is a chance, with Jimmy and Reddick playing alongside him, to make him more of a facilitator and less of low post scorer, hence the 3s and assists.That being said, 10 assists games will be a very rare sighting. Today he probably wanted to make a statement that he was gonna get his no matter what. In fact, his usage was even higher than usual today.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How did this mfer get credited with a tenth assist for the TD? Like he wasn't already hurting me enough without dropping a career high in dimes! This must be something Silver cooked up to get Embiid more air time on Sportscenter. 

Edited by flat_eric

So is Towns or Embiid going to be the best center next to AD this year? 

20 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Embiid is a strong MVP favorite. KAT is soft.

Edited by EmbiidGOAT

12 minutes ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

Embiid is a strong MVP favorite. KAT is soft.

Lol.. from your display name I would be suprised if you said otherwise ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brandayz said:

Embiid is better than Towns and it’s not even close.

1 minute ago, WorldFootballStore said:

I think its pretty close tbh. Towns has been the best player in fantasy since butler left averaging nearly 30 and 20 a bloody game. On the season yes Embiid is better, i think going forward, Towns will finish higher than Embiid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

I think its pretty close tbh. Towns has been the best player in fantasy since butler left averaging nearly 30 and 20 a bloody game. On the season yes Embiid is better, i think going forward, Towns will finish higher than Embiid.

Embiid on Defense imo separates him in real life and fantasy from the soft KAT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WorldFootballStore said:

In real life, yes - in fantasy it is close simply because KAT shoots 90% from the foul line.  In a 1 year league there isn't a player I would trade Embiid for.  Dynasty you have to weigh in his injury past and downgrade him some (depending on your tolerance for risk), but for the next 2-5 years I can't imagine there being a more appealing player.  

He is averaging:

28 points

13 rebounds

4 assists

1.5 threes

.3 steals (has to improve this number)

2.1 blocks

47% FG

80% FT

3.0 turnovers (down from 3.75 average the previous two years)

He is also continuing to improve each offseason.  It doesn't take a whole lot of improvement for him to get to 30/15/5/2 threes/2 blocks which would be absolutely insane.  

Plus he is hilarious.  By far the most entertaining player in the NBA and has been so since he stepped on the court (and was already killing Twitter before he played).

• Like 1

Iv owned Towns the last 2 seasons and it’s not even comparable how much more enjoyment I’m getting from owning embiid. Too many ‘meh’ games from towns with or without butler 

• Like 1

Honestly this is very close. My brain went Towns but gut/heart it’s Embiid lol.

Your trading efficiency/slightly higher statistical finish for pure “oh s---” moments every other night lol.

I play fantasy for entertainment purposes and I have not had more fun owning any other player besides Curry during his MVP run. The guy is just damn entertaining to watch and own. 

So if Embiid finishes 5-10 and Towns in the top 5...I’ll happilyyyyy take the hit there to see him Outclass and out troll your fave center nightly :P

I don’t think I would trade him for anyone this year besides AD. 

Edited by IDatDude
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dragonballz said:

Foul trouble?

yes,pick up his 4th foul already

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Wogee said:

Why he got GTD tag in yahoo?

maybe minor hand issue

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Wogee said:

What happened to his hand?

It’s an old injury he got last year.. it flairs up every now and then.. wouldnt be worried 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brandayz said:

Can't figure out if I should trade for KAT or Embiid for ROS value :S ? 

Depends on team build, but I think KAT

5 hours ago, Brandayz said:

Can't figure out if I should trade for KAT or Embiid for ROS value :S ? 

KAT is pretty  boring to own 

• Like 1

I think Embiid play really good and if he can stand healthy he will be a MVP candidate.

That's why I want him so badly I also made a trade offer Giannis and Hollis-Jefferson for Embiid, Doncic and Harrell.

Hopefully I will get him I'm ready to give Giannis for him what do you think a bad move?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MatJak said:

I think Embiid play really good and if he can stand healthy he will be a MVP candidate.

That's why I want him so badly I also made a trade offer Giannis and Hollis-Jefferson for Embiid, Doncic and Harrell.

Hopefully I will get him I'm ready to give Giannis for him what do you think a bad move?

I'm confused as to how that could possibly be a good trade for the other guy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MatJak said:

I would tell you to FO, if I was offered trade. And I have all three of those players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MatJak said:

If that gets accepted and not vetoed you need to find a new league to play in because I can only assume the other GMs are brain-dead

• Like 1
  • Haha 1