Auction>Snake

Joel Embiid 2018-2019 Season Outlook

4 hours ago, MatJak said:

I think Embiid play really good and if he can stand healthy he will be a MVP candidate.

That's why I want him so badly I also made a trade offer Giannis and Hollis-Jefferson for Embiid, Doncic and Harrell.

Hopefully I will get him I'm ready to give Giannis for him what do you think a bad move?

Asking for a currently top 10 player, top 40 player, and a top 75 upside player for his top 20 player and a nobody this year. 

Good joke MatJak! Had me laughing to that one!

5 hours ago, MatJak said:

I think Embiid play really good and if he can stand healthy he will be a MVP candidate.

That's why I want him so badly I also made a trade offer Giannis and Hollis-Jefferson for Embiid, Doncic and Harrell.

Hopefully I will get him I'm ready to give Giannis for him what do you think a bad move?

tumblr_oz0w9rlj7G1wrekqyo4_1280.gif?w=60

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, MatJak said:

Adding RHJ is probably too much, I would take him out of the equation. Then add one more from his end. Make it a 1 for 4 deal. Now that, my friend, is what I call the fairest deal of the century.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, MatJak said:

Might not be asking for enough. Try for another couple early rounders.

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2018 at 4:48 PM, yeet said:

Best big man in the league, feel free to @ me.

In a 3 game slump currently. 

4 minutes ago, Dapro said:

Is the fun ride over?

Yup, he's waiver wire fodder from here on out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, BillWalton said:

Likely pissed-off Embiid vs. Detroit on Friday. Pray for Drummond.

embiid.gif

• Haha 3

Now, we will wait until monday for this epic matchup:

Joel Embiid - C - 76ers

Coach Brett Brown said Joel Embiid (rest) will not play Friday night vs. the Pistons.

Embiid has looked worn down of late. Over the Sixers last three contests, Embiid averaged just 13.7 points while shooting 33.3 percent from the floor, 11.1 percent from 3-point range and 60 percent from the free-throw line. Coach Brown says it's the coaching staff's responsibility to preserve players health and it was clear Embiid was fatigued. This will be the first time Embiid is sidelined this season. Amir Johnson and Mike Muscala will be the primary beneficiaries of Embiid's absence.

Dec 7 - 10:51 AM

Embiid owners should be happy about this, I live in Philly so I watch a good amount of games and I cringe when I watch him play lately he seems tired but he still plays just as hard so he is reckless with his body. Sure jumping on the floor and diving out of bounds as part of a chase down block is nice for guys like Andre Roberson or even Robert Covington but MVP candidates with serious injury histories probably shouldn't be disregarding their body like that over one play, especially when tired and therefore less in control. He needs a rest badly and his minutes need to be dialed back, Philly is gonna make the playoffs no matter what no need to blow load now. Brett Brown is a borderline garbage coach imo. 

• Like 3

As an embiid owner, its not really butler im worried about. It was brett brown who wanted embiid to stay outside more to open up things for butler. Embiid speaking up about is a bit awkward, but at least it does make things crystal clear. How brown responds to this will probably determine his future with the franchise. He's so desperate to keep his job, he's gonna relent to embiid's wishes soon enough.

You don't add Jimmy Butler to your team mid-season and not expect this to happen, right? It was a massive trade with a massive personality and skillset that needs to be integrated in the middle of the grind. It is going to take time. They have pulled out some really close victories since the trade so the pressure could be much worse. Plus, this roster still needs work. It will come together, but it needs time. 

Embiid's frustrated. He is finally hitting the rookie wall that the sixers have hid him from. His minutes have been outrageous. Welcome to the NBA grind of travel, B2Bs, and 32+ mpg with no rest days. You made it through a third of the season before tapping. He will be fine, but the MVP level stats probably won't return because everyone sacrifices when you make a super team. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

You don't add Jimmy Butler to your team mid-season and not expect this to happen, right? It was a massive trade with a massive personality and skillset that needs to be integrated in the middle of the grind. It is going to take time. They have pulled out some really close victories since the trade so the pressure could be much worse. Plus, this roster still needs work. It will come together, but it needs time. 

Embiid's frustrated. He is finally hitting the rookie wall that the sixers have hid him from. His minutes have been outrageous. Welcome to the NBA grind of travel, B2Bs, and 32+ mpg with no rest days. You made it through a third of the season before tapping. He will be fine, but the MVP level stats probably won't return because everyone sacrifices when you make a super team. 

I 100% agree, we also have to remember that he is shooting 70% from the line and shooting 30% from the field while only taking a characteristically low 5 ft attempts per game for the past week. He will not continue to do this. Yes adding butler will hinder his stats a bit but expect him to continue being the 20-10 monster he has been for the rest of the season. He should still be getting around 26-13-3 with 2 blocks and 1 three which is unbelievable production for where he is being drafted. I know that people sacrifice when creating a super team but Embiid is a usage monster and if his minutes start becoming more bearable he will have a very good chance at being (at the least) in MVP conversations. Enjoy the ride fellow Joel drafters, we have made it this far with only a one 3 game stretch of hiccups (where he still has been averaging 12-13 with 4 assists and 1.5 blocks lol) and there are a lot more games left where we will come back here and gloat about how this guy is a monster. Much love to everyone.

Edited by PaddyAustralia
  • Like 2

What is wrong with the coaches this season? I think i own every player who is not in good coach situation - Mirotic, Beal and Otto, now Embiid. At least i traded Ayton and WCJ. Every NBA fan knows that Brown is not a good coach and deff. is not the coach for winning now team. And the mess with the GM, i think was the only reason why they kept them. And what will be Butler`s reaction? We all know how sensitive he is... He is not The Lord to stay beyond the 3 pt line and wait the ball. I just hope Embiid will be ok after this slump.

What we gotta realize is that these are two alpha personalities that have got to learn to coexist... but Joel ain’t no wiggins or towns, he will be fine. There was always gonna be a bit of a transition period 

Embiid will be fine, you either want to continue being 2nd round fodder or have championship goals. Butler gives you a fighters chance, before then, you had a haymakers chance.