Auction>Snake

Joel Embiid 2018-2019 Season Outlook

4 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

honestly I think he’s a better player than KAT

Lower FG%, lower FT%, less rebounds, slightly more blocks, and a lot more turnovers... don't know if I can agree for fantasy purposes.

He's easily the more fun player to watch in real time, though. Easily.

Edit: And none of that even factors in durability. KAT has yet to miss a game his entire NBA career, if I recall correctly.

Edited by alclayno
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, alclayno said:

Lower FG%, lower FT%, less rebounds, slightly more blocks, and a lot more turnovers... don't know if I can agree for fantasy purposes.

He's easily the more fun player to watch in real time, though. Easily.

Edit: And none of that even factors in durability. KAT has yet to miss a game his entire NBA career, if I recall correctly.

Knew he was durable...didn't believe he never missed a game...checked bball reference...played 82, 82 and 82...damn. That is fantasy gold.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alclayno said:

In most mocks though, Embiid isn't even going in the first round - usually it's right after the turn in a 12 teamer.

7 hours ago, alclayno said:

Can Embiid finish top 3-4? It's not impossible, but if I had to put any amount of money on it, I would probably say no. That's not a slight to him, though - there's just more risk attached to him than there is to either of the Warriors, since we know exactly what we're getting from both of them. 

TOV avg is also terrible for a big, which inhibits Embiid from cracking the first round (for roto/cat, in most cases). 

In 8-cat?  Sign me up. 

1 hour ago, 80version said:

TOV avg is also terrible for a big, which inhibits Embiid from cracking the first round (for roto/cat, in most cases). 

In 8-cat?  Sign me up. 

Yeah he would need to up his percentages and decrease his turnovers a little to be able to crack top 12 numbers. He absolutely can do that. I think the biggest thing is health. Embiid is a home run pick at the turn, but he can also be a strikeout with his injury history.

10 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

honestly I think he’s a better player than KAT

You're not wrong.

With how this Butler saga played out, you can tell without a shadow of a doubt that KAT and Wiggins don't have 'it'. They are not winners, and that's why Butler is leaving.

Embiid and Towns are cut from different cloths. Embiid is more talented, with the higher upside and the more dominant play. Embiid is twice the defensive presence as Towns, with DPOY worthy play and an absolute monster in the middle. Towns is allergic to defense and is a bottom 5 defensive center in the league dispute being on a Thibs coached defense. 

Fantasy wise, Embiid has Shaq potential to put up a 30/13/3 season. You're not going to get that out of Towns. 

• Like 3

I will say this, in real life basketball, Embiid is the far superior player and it's not even close!! You can see/feel his presence/impact when he's on the court..With KAT,  I feel nothing..I'm from Houston, so big Rockets fan, was shocked how ineffective he was in last seasons playoffs..But this is fantasy basketball, sorry :) 

• Like 1

KAT reminds me of a Shawn Marion type fantasy player, goes early and is solid as hell but so damn boring.

Just now, dragonballz said:

Can he be a first round talent this year?

Easily if he's healthy he could be top 7 pretty easily imo. 

I am excited and can't wait for the season to start so I can follow this guy in fantasy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

If he stays healthy he is gunning for MVP he has already said. 

And Brandon Ingram says he's going to be an all-star...

That said, Embiid does seem to have that kind of upside.

23 minutes ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

His ceiling is #1 in fantasy. 

The only reason he is not drafted over KAT is durability. If we knew Embiid and KAT would play the same amount of games, i think he would easily be a better fantasy player than KAT this year.

• Confused 1

I think we will have to remove the three pointer from his arsenal. He has jacked up 15  and made 1 in the preseason in three games.  Let Covington take the threes.

image.png

Played fantasy for about 4 years, about 12 money leagues every year, this is the first year I got on the train in 6/12 leagues with embidd, please be healthy and ball out. Expecting big year from the Process 

On 10/10/2018 at 1:35 PM, bsu27 said:

Embiid is going to be a monster this season. 

This will be the first season of his career without any restrictions. No minutes limit, no sitting out back-to-backs, etc. Let's see what he can do fully unleashed for the first time ever. 

• Like 2

On 10/10/2018 at 6:56 PM, Soafanforlife said:

You're not wrong.

With how this Butler saga played out, you can tell without a shadow of a doubt that KAT and Wiggins don't have 'it'. They are not winners, and that's why Butler is leaving.

Embiid and Towns are cut from different cloths. Embiid is more talented, with the higher upside and the more dominant play. Embiid is twice the defensive presence as Towns, with DPOY worthy play and an absolute monster in the middle. Towns is allergic to defense and is a bottom 5 defensive center in the league dispute being on a Thibs coached defense. 

Fantasy wise, Embiid has Shaq potential to put up a 30/13/3 season. You're not going to get that out of Towns. 

KAT has never been one to demand the ball. I think Wiggins is the issue, personally. His max contract torpedoed that franchise and they don't even know it. To be fair, a lot of people think Butler is some winner/leader and the dude really hasn't done anything in the league in terms of the postseason. He hasn't proven he has "it". I mean you can act like Kobe or other alphas in terms of intensity, but if you don't win you really shouldn't be included in that group. 

In terms of intensity, I am interested to see Embiid's minutes this year. I don't think we get anything too crazy. Lifting a minutes limit doesn't mean he goes straight to the Boogie Cousins minutes. Plus, more minutes probably means less defensive effort. I would take Embiid as a two way player at max effort for 5-6 fewer minutes per game over a coasting on defense Embiid. 

On 10/10/2018 at 8:31 PM, Starvela said:

I will say this, in real life basketball, Embiid is the far superior player and it's not even close!! You can see/feel his presence/impact when he's on the court..With KAT,  I feel nothing..I'm from Houston, so big Rockets fan, was shocked how ineffective he was in last seasons playoffs..But this is fantasy basketball, sorry :) 

To be fair, the Sixers have force fed Embiid over the past two years to maximize the minutes he is on the floor. Two years ago the offense always ran through him during his 6 minutes stints. We don't remember how beastly KAT was before Butler showed up because it was 2 years ago. He was a monster. He is still that same player, just opportunity isn't there. Plus, KAT isn't forceful enough to demand the ball. Wiggins just soaks it up. I would say Wiggins is more of the issue than KAT. 

Embiid is super talented. In fantasy, talent is half the equation and health is the other half. You can't deny the amount of risk Embiid carries. He can sink you faster than he can carry you. First round picks rarely outperform to such a crazy degree that they "win" you a league. First round picks that get hurt "lose" you a league far more often. 

• Thanks 1

As someone wrote before, Embiid is more fun to watch, but fantasy wise, KAT puts really unique numbers (FG >50%, FT >80%, 24 PTS>, TO<2, 10 REB>, 1.5 BLK>, 3s >1), and is durable as Terminator (never missed a game)which is gold in H2H format.

• Like 2