Auction>Snake

Joel Embiid 2018-2019 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, DLove said:

Think there's a good chance he sits tomorrow after tonight's OT game? Would not be surprised 

Not with Simmons injured. 

On 10/20/2018 at 6:26 PM, EmbiidGOAT said:

The way he lands sometimes is really awkward, and scary. Please stay healthy *knocks on wood*

I think this all the time!!!

Should honestly be fined or suspended for his antics tonight. It will be hard for anyone to top that as a more embarrassing play all season. Dude has all the talent in the world but behaves like a child at times. It's just a bad look for the NBA to let this kind of stuff go unpunished.

Here's the video for anyone who didn't see the game, the taunting afterwards is just an exclamation to the classlessness.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Should honestly be fined or suspended for his antics tonight. It will be hard for anyone to top that as a more embarrassing play all season. Dude has all the talent in the world but behaves like a child at times. It's just a bad look for the NBA to let this kind of stuff go unpunished.

Here's the video for anyone who didn't see the game, the taunting afterwards is just an exclamation to the classlessness.

1) A multi-player brawl literally broke out 3 days ago on national TV with 3 of its biggest stars. Most embarrassing all season? Yeah... this ain't it chief. 

2) This is Embiid being Embiid. Granted the Sixers lost the game but if you don't like what he does to you on the court, then outplay him (which Drummond didn't). If people think this is the lowest of the lows and a referendum on what constitutes as class in the NBA, I wonder if any of you would've dared watch a game in the late 80s or 90s where you would literally see people attempt to hurt others like they do so in hockey lol. 

I have him on one of my teams and I'm glad I do. Fantasy-wise. And sometimes he's pretty amusing. But he's also pretty classless, and watching him lose tonight -- and the Celtics clown him repeatedly to start the season -- was pretty satisfying.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

1) A multi-player brawl literally broke out 3 days ago on national TV with 3 of its biggest stars. Most embarrassing all season? Yeah... this ain't it chief. 

2) This is Embiid being Embiid. Granted the Sixers lost the game but if you don't like what he does to you on the court, then outplay him (which Drummond didn't). If people think this is the lowest of the lows and a referendum on what constitutes as class in the NBA, I wonder if any of you would've dared watch a game in the late 80s or 90s where you would literally see people attempt to hurt others like they do so in hockey lol. 

I don't endorse fighting in the league but at the end of the day it shows passion/frustration and a desire to win, this was just pure cheating. If you can support a blatant attempt to cheat and con the referees to get a player unjustly ejected then idk what to tell you. 

This would literally get a multi-game ban in freaking soccer so yeah I feel like this was pretty pathetic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

I don't endorse fighting in the league but at the end of the day it shows passion/frustration and a desire to win, this was just pure cheating. If you can support a blatant attempt to cheat and con the referees to get a player unjustly ejected then idk what to tell you. 

This would literally get a multi-game ban in freaking soccer so yeah I feel like this was pretty pathetic.

I agree that flopping is bad for the game and it's not needed. However, it's Embiid. He has fun with these guys and the league. It's really, really hard to put him in the same category as Harden or CP. He's generally not flopping daily game in and game out to get his numbers or have an unfair advantage. Him and Drummond have history, and I for one think it's great for the game. I do not want Embiid or any superstars too friendly with one another, and if it's actual legit hate they have for one another, then the better for us fans to get to witness that. 

There could be worse things Embiid did, and I don't think this was it. 

3 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

I agree that flopping is bad for the game and it's not needed. However, it's Embiid. He has fun with these guys and the league. It's really, really hard to put him in the same category as Harden or CP. He's generally not flopping daily game in and game out to get his numbers or have an unfair advantage. Him and Drummond have history, and I for one think it's great for the game. I do not want Embiid or any superstars too friendly with one another, and if it's actual legit hate they have for one another, then the better for us fans to get to witness that. 

There could be worse things Embiid did, and I don't think this was it. 

I love watching two monsters square up against each other and have to say that was one of the best games I've seen in awhile. But at the end of the day there's no way to look at that other than a blatant attempt to cheat. Embiid is still very young and I just really hope he doesn't go down a similar path as Harden or CP like you mentioned.

22 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

If only Drummond didn't have the flu, he could definitely hold his own against Embiid.

If there's one thing basketball can do without, it's 300 lb guys throwing elbows after a made basket. Embiid's obvious flop is as plausibly deniable as Andre's "errant" elbow. Cracked occipitals and concussions are a lot worse for the game than guys falling down on purpose.  

Embiid said he owns a lot of real estate in Drummond's head after the game

• Haha 1

This guy is averaging 30 points 11 rebounds 4 assists and 2.5 blocks through 5 games, i mean if this keeps up and he sits out a minimum 10-12 games surely he could be fantasy MVP by end of the season. Just worried that AD and Giannis have both taken a one way ticket off this planet and don't plan on coming back anytime soon.

On Wed Oct 24 2018 at 3:22 PM, turner46 said:

Embiid said he owns a lot of real estate in Drummond's head after the game

Which is cool and all, but you know ...he lost

• Like 1

Apparently rolled his ankle practice and questionable for Saturday. 

Nooooo... I reeeally needed his stats this week in a tight matchup. 

It begins, he should not be playing 36 minutes game. I know sprained ankles can happen to anyone but with his history.....

Edited by bsu27

26 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

It begins, he should not be playing 36 minutes game. I know sprained ankles can happen to anyone but with his history.....

The issue for me is not the minutes.  It is why are they running hard in practice.  If this occurred during a game that is one thing, but this was in practice.  He has a history why push him.

Edited by jjbooda

Terrible time for this to happen, not there is a good time this should  happen, but he plays 5 games next week. Regardless if this is mild or not, you have to think he sits at least one of those games next week.

On 10/26/2018 at 1:47 PM, jjbooda said:

The issue for me is not the minutes.  It is why are they running hard in practice.  If this occurred during a game that is one thing, but this was in practice.  He has a history why push him.

I get what you are saying, but this team is not in a groove and they need to figure things out. I am sure they are competing very hard in practice and they should be to try and toughen up Fultz and their other young players that are not playing well. Sucks that Embiid got hit with the shrapnel. 

• Like 1