cdd10

12 Team Superflex *Super Draft*

Recommended Posts

The initial draft will be a snake draft combining all players from the three sports: baseball, football, and basketball. Every player is eligible, including rookies for the initial draft.

Rosters: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex, Superflex, 20 Bench Spots, 2 IR.
Scoring: .5 PPR, .1 points per 1 yards rushing, .1 points per 1 yards receiving, .04 points per 1 yard passing, 6 points for rushing/receiving TD, 4 points for passing TD, -2 fumble lost/interception, 2 point conversion for passing/rushing/receiving 2 points.


Never done a draft like this and it is challenging to say the least

So far I have: Parentheses is round drafted.

NFL 
QB - Marcus Mariota (8th) 
RB x2 - Devonta Freeman (5th)/Jerick McKinnon (9th) 
WR x3 - Antonio Brown (2nd) 
TE - 
FLEX x2 - 
SUPERFLEX - Jameis Winston (10th)
BENCH x20 


NBA 
PG - 
SG - Victor Oladipo (4th) 
G - 
SF - Paul George (7th) 
PF - 
F - 
C - Karl-Anthony Towns (1st) 
FLEX x3 
BENCH x12 


MLB 
C – 
1B – 
2B – 
SS – Trea Turner (3rd)
3B – 
MI – 
CI – 
OF x4 – Andrew Benintendi (6th)
UTIL x3
SP x4
RP x2
P x2
BENCH x18



Trading across sports IS allowed.

Keepers will be based upon each overall season. Each team will have 75 keeper slots to spread out among all of their 3 teams. Rosters must still be cut down to the league maximum by the start of each season, which is outlined in more detail below. This wrinkle will allow for more flexibility for owners.


Thoughts on my football team so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I honestly have no idea what to think of this.

It's been pretty challenging so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

It's been pretty challenging so far

How does the championship work? Wouldn't it always be in the middle of a season for at least one sport?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

How does the championship work? Wouldn't it always be in the middle of a season for at least one sport?

You get points for how you finish in each sport and add them up to determine league champion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update through 26 rounds.

 

NFL (Starts this year)
QB - Marcus Mariota (8th) 
RB x2 - Devonta Freeman (5th)/Jerick McKinnon (9th) 
WR x3 - Antonio Brown (2nd) 
TE - David Njoku (18th)
FLEX x2 - Alex Collins (19th), D.J. Moore (23rd)
SUPERFLEX - Jameis Winston (10th)
BENCH x20 


NBA (Starts this year)
PG - D'Angelo Russell (12th)
SG - Victor Oladipo (4th) 
G - Dennis Smith Jr. (17th)
SF - Paul George (7th) 
PF - Tobias Harris (15th)
F - Josh Richardson (26th)
C - Karl-Anthony Towns (1st) 
FLEX x3 - Steven Adams (20th) , DeAaron Fox(22nd)
BENCH x12 


MLB (Starts next season)
C – 
1B – 
2B – 
SS – Trea Turner (3rd)
3B – Anthony Rendon (23rd)
MI – 
CI – 
OF x4 – Andrew Benintendi (6th)
UTIL x3
SP x4 - Walker Buehler (21st), Dylan Bundy (25th)
RP x2
P x2
BENCH x18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, this is a dynasty draft btw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Jesus that's intense especially with the huge benches. I mean I guess your team should roughly compare to a typical 12 team PPR roster. Doesn't look like the strongest lineup ever assembled but it has a good bit of youth which will help in the dynasty component (how many keepers?). The top end of your roster is good since Brown, Freeman, McKinnon, Collins could very well be someone's normal draft. Then there is a sizable gap between the rest of your lineup but I guess that is mitigated by the huge bench you will have and that injuries and things will help lower guys rise to value. For a superflex league neither of your QBs are currently QB1s but I expect Mariota to make a big leap and threaten top 12 this year and it wouldn't surprise me if Winston put up QB1 numbers after returning from suspension and both are obviously young and in early stages of their careers. WRs aren't the hardest to find late and D.J. Moore has a legit chance to become Newton's #1 receiver this season (that role is a bit diluted by Olson and McCaffrey soaking up a ton of targets though). Njoku isn't a great TE yet but he is young, has shown flashes and as the Brown's improve he has the raw ability to become a top 5 TE in a few years. 

Edited by Jaw1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

Jesus that's intense especially with the huge benches. I mean I guess your team should roughly compare to a typical 12 team PPR roster. Doesn't look like the strongest lineup ever assembled but it has a good bit of youth which will help in the dynasty component (how many keepers?). The top end of your roster is good since Brown, Freeman, McKinnon, Collins could very well be someone's normal draft. Then there is a sizable gap between the rest of your lineup but I guess that is mitigated by the huge bench you will have and that injuries and things will help lower guys rise to value. For a superflex league neither of your QBs are currently QB1s but I expect Mariota to make a big leap and threaten top 12 this year and it wouldn't surprise me if Winston put up QB1 numbers after returning from suspension and both are obviously young and in early stages of their careers. WRs aren't the hardest to find late and D.J. Moore has a legit chance to become Newton's #1 receiver this season (that role is a bit diluted by Olson and McCaffrey soaking up a ton of targets though). Njoku isn't a great TE yet but he is young, has shown flashes and as the Brown's improve he has the raw ability to become a top 5 TE in a few years. 

we have 75 keepers between the 3 sports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

Jesus that's intense especially with the huge benches. I mean I guess your team should roughly compare to a typical 12 team PPR roster. Doesn't look like the strongest lineup ever assembled but it has a good bit of youth which will help in the dynasty component (how many keepers?). The top end of your roster is good since Brown, Freeman, McKinnon, Collins could very well be someone's normal draft. Then there is a sizable gap between the rest of your lineup but I guess that is mitigated by the huge bench you will have and that injuries and things will help lower guys rise to value. For a superflex league neither of your QBs are currently QB1s but I expect Mariota to make a big leap and threaten top 12 this year and it wouldn't surprise me if Winston put up QB1 numbers after returning from suspension and both are obviously young and in early stages of their careers. WRs aren't the hardest to find late and D.J. Moore has a legit chance to become Newton's #1 receiver this season (that role is a bit diluted by Olson and McCaffrey soaking up a ton of targets though). Njoku isn't a great TE yet but he is young, has shown flashes and as the Brown's improve he has the raw ability to become a top 5 TE in a few years. 

I forgot to put that I have Alshon Jeffery and Doug Baldwin as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, cdd10 said:

I forgot to put that I have Alshon Jeffery and Doug Baldwin as well

Oh that changes things a lot. That is actually a very strong WR group and changes what I perceived to be your weakness into a strength. Not the youngest group but WR is tough position to predict since even more than ability production depends on the QB, target competition and offensive scheme. Although you are set there for the future QB and TE would be my biggest concerns especially with superflex and Winston's suspension/knuckleheadedness 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

Oh that changes things a lot. That is actually a very strong WR group and changes what I perceived to be your weakness into a strength. Not the youngest group but WR is tough position to predict since even more than ability production depends on the QB, target competition and offensive scheme. Although you are set there for the future QB and TE would be my biggest concerns especially with superflex and Winston's suspension/knuckleheadedness 

Yeah unfortunatley there are not any young QB's left. I think Mason Rudolph lol as for TE, probably target Kittle. Been looking at Gallup the WR though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

Oh that changes things a lot. That is actually a very strong WR group and changes what I perceived to be your weakness into a strength. Not the youngest group but WR is tough position to predict since even more than ability production depends on the QB, target competition and offensive scheme. Although you are set there for the future QB and TE would be my biggest concerns especially with superflex and Winston's suspension/knuckleheadedness 

I did pick up Aaron Jones, although he is suspended 2 games I think he is the future back of GB. Williams isn't that good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update through 35 rounds


NFL 
QB - Marcus Mariota (8th) 
RB x2 - Devonta Freeman (5th)/Jerick McKinnon (9th) 
WR x3 - Antonio Brown (2nd), Doug Baldwin (12th), Alshon Jeffery (15th)
TE – David Njoku (17th)
FLEX x2 – Alex Collins (18th), DJ Moore (22nd)
SUPERFLEX - Jameis Winston (10th)
BENCH x20 - Mason Rudolph (31st), Aaron Jones (27th)


NBA 
PG - D'Angelo Russell (11th)
SG - Victor Oladipo (4th) 
G – Dennis Smith Jr. (16th)
SF - Paul George (7th) 
PF - Tobias Harris (14th)
F - Nikola Vucevic (13th)
C x2- Karl-Anthony Towns (1st), Steven Adams (19th)
FLEX x3 - De’Aaron Fox (21st), Caris LeVert (26th), Josh Richardson (25th)
BENCH x12 – Malcolm Brogdon (30th), 


MLB 
C – 
1B – Joey Votto (34th)
2B – Jonathan Schoop (32nd)
SS – Trea Turner (3rd)
3B – Anthony Rendon (23rd)
MI – Rougned Odor (35th)
CI – 
OF x4 – Andrew Benintendi (6th), Starling Marte (29th)
UTIL x3
SP x4 – Walker Buehler (20th), Dylan Bundy (24th), Jameson Taillon (28th)
RP x2 – Corey Knebel (33rd)
P x2
BENCH x18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 6:48 AM, cdd10 said:

we have 75 keepers between the 3 sports.

I'm not somebody to shirk a challenge, but d#mn, that gave me a headache just contemplating it. Please excuse me while I'll go focus on something simple, like the Riemann hypothesis.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update through 44 rounds.

NFL 
QB - Marcus Mariota (8th) 
RB x2 - Devonta Freeman (5th)/Jerick McKinnon (9th) 
WR x3 - Antonio Brown (2nd), Doug Baldwin (12th), Alshon Jeffery (15th)
TE – David Njoku (17th)
FLEX x2 – Alex Collins (18th), DJ Moore (22nd)
SUPERFLEX - Jameis Winston (10th)
BENCH x20  - Mason Rudolph (31st), Aaron Jones (27th), Ryan Tannehill (36th), Chase Edmonds (43rd)


NBA 
PG - D'Angelo Russell (11th)
SG - Victor Oladipo (4th) 
G – Dennis Smith Jr. (16th)
SF - Paul George (7th) 
PF - Tobias Harris (14th)
F - Nikola Vucevic (13th)
C x2- Karl-Anthony Towns (1st), Steven Adams (19th)
FLEX x3  - De’Aaron Fox (21st), Caris LeVert (26th), Josh Richardson (25th)
BENCH x12 – Malcolm Brogdon (30th), Larry Nance Jr. (37th), Elie Okobo (42nd), Jordan Bell (44th)


MLB 
C – 
1B – Joey Votto (34th)
2B – Jonathan Schoop (32nd)
SS – Trea Turner (3rd)
3B – Anthony Rendon (23rd)
MI – Rougned Odor (35th)
CI – 
OF x4 – Andrew Benintendi (6th), Starling Marte (29th)
UTIL x3
SP x4 – Walker Buehler (20th), Dylan Bundy (24th), Jameson Taillon (28th), Alex Wood (41st)
RP x2 – Corey Knebel (33rd), Roberto Osuna (40th)
P x2
BENCH x18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now