Saucy

Robert Covington 2018-2019 Season Outlook

4 minutes ago, B-rye said:

5 fouls

Damn. He was cruising. My first game with him after trading for him.

did D Rose steal some minutes?

1 minute ago, DoctorLove said:

did D Rose steal some minutes?

Nah, fouls did. Played 41 min in his first game under Thibs, then it was a blowout from there on. He's minutes will be in the high 30's - they need his perimeter scoring and defense. He's a great fit for them.

The lord is going to rule in timberwolves... i'm so happy Phili traded him.

He's the right man in the right place. i think the timberwolves it's the best spot for him.

Edited by Wogee

Is it me, or does Minnesota's team defense look a lot better? I watched the Pels game closely and it kinda looked like they had a clue. To my biased, untrained eye, opponents got fewer uncontested shots and layups than I'm used to seeing.

SSS, and I know sometimes teams can get a 3-4 game pink cloud with new influx. Also, I own the Lord, have no shares of Jimmy (and won't ever root for him after watching him do everything in his power to turn a city against the kid Towns), so I have a horse in this one.

But in the three wins since the trade, the Wolves have allowed opponents FG%'s of .396, .426, and .420. -- three of their top four performances this year. Maybe it's easier to sweat the details when your teammates aren't on ESPN calling you a POS.

8 minutes ago, bdy1 said:

Is it me, or does Minnesota's team defense look a lot better? I watched the Pels game closely and it kinda looked like they had a clue. To my biased, untrained eye, opponents got fewer uncontested shots and layups than I'm used to seeing.

SSS, and I know sometimes teams can get a 3-4 game pink cloud with new influx. Also, I own the Lord, have no shares of Jimmy (and won't ever root for him after watching him do everything in his power to turn a city against the kid Towns), so I have a horse in this one.

But in the three wins since the trade, the Wolves have allowed opponents FG%'s of .396, .426, and .420. -- three of their top four performances this year. Maybe it's easier to sweat the details when your teammates aren't on ESPN calling you a POS.

I don’t think you’re wrong.  Roco finished first last season among SF eligible players in DPRM and 8th total.  Butler finished higher but when 1/3 of the time he is disengaged, 1/3 of the time he sits, 1/3 of the time he’s dreadful to his teammates I don’t think he’s maximizing his potential.  

Lord Covington once existed only in our dreams, now, he is alive!!  23 minutes!??!!  Is that all it takes?  Get ready for a fun ride! 

Edited by Pracis

9 st3cks to 0 TO.  That's roughly 3x the median in those categories.  That would be sort of like getting 9 assists to 0 to, or 12 rebounds to 0 to, or 45 points to 0 to.  His appreciation by this thread is both absurdly high and yet still not enough.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

9 st3cks to 0 TO.  That's roughly 3x the median in those categories.  That would be sort of like getting 9 assists to 0 to, or 12 rebounds to 0 to, or 45 points to 0 to.  His appreciation by this thread is both absurdly high and yet still not enough.

To be fair, I'm more interested in the stocks to personal fouls ratio. Not really a shock Roco doesn't turn the ball over. But if he can accumulate blocks and steals while staying on the floor?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimboSlice said:

New Team, Same Lord.

I think he's a better Lord here in this new team. Seems to be trending up slightly in usage and efficiency.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

To be fair, I'm more interested in the stocks to personal fouls ratio. Not really a shock Roco doesn't turn the ball over. But if he can accumulate blocks and steals while staying on the floor?

Unless your league counts personal fouls, that’s irrelevant for fantasy purposes. If he gets 5 stocks it’s irrelevant whether he did in on 45 minutes and 0 fouls or 5 minutes and 5 fouls.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ajax said:

I think he's a better Lord here in this new team. Seems to be trending up slightly in usage and efficiency.

Lord Covington does appear to enjoy his time with the Timber of Wolves.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1