Saucy

Robert Covington 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Robert Covington (right ankle) told reporters on Tuesday that he does not have a timetable for his return.

RoCo is dealing with a bone bruise in his right ankle. He initially suffered the injury back on New Year's Day and was expected to miss "multiple weeks." Unfortunately, it's already been two weeks, and we haven't had a favorable update on his status going forward.

well s---

Do we realistically see this guy coming back soon and 100%? I'm not familiar with bone bruises and their timelines.

10 minutes ago, Isaacxhan said:

Do we realistically see this guy coming back soon and 100%? I'm not familiar with bone bruises and their timelines.

I don't have much experience with bone bruises as well but pretty disheartening when he himself says that he doesn't have a timetable for his own return. Sounds distant to me. Such a shame he was killing it for me this year. Hope he recovers well!

3 hours ago, Isaacxhan said:

Could be a while. For some comparison Prince missed about 6 weeks and looks like it could be at least couple more games before his minutes restriction is lifted. 

Silver lining is no Thibs to return to where RoCo plays meaningless minutes either up or down 20 for the Wolves. They also seem to be implementing the same strategy the Rockets do; midrange is lava.

today certainly showing just how much they miss our Lord and Savior

3 hours ago, CanucksForever said:

Since we r in week 13, would you guys keep him in 10 team league?

He shouldn’t be dropped in any league

• Like 1

I didn't want to, but had to drop to move AD to IR. I dont have the wiggle room in my league to have him in a roster spot. Especially with his non existent return date

It's dissapointing that it has been almost 3 weeks now and still no update of his status. He was dropped in my 12 team league and Im wondering if I should burn my #3 waiver on him.

Why no timetable? I have him and bazemore and these are the only guys in the league without ANY timetable. Wtf?

4 hours ago, Shredded said:

Why no timetable? I have him and bazemore and these are the only guys in the league without ANY timetable. Wtf?

Because with this inury there is no cut and dry recovery time.

if you were a covington owner battling for a playoff spot, what kind of player should you be seeking in a trade? 

On 1/20/2019 at 12:22 AM, Extra_Rice said:

It's dissapointing that it has been almost 3 weeks now and still no update of his status. He was dropped in my 12 team league and Im wondering if I should burn my #3 waiver on him.

If you are ok not having him for another month, that move could win you the ship.

31 minutes ago, wallacesnoop said:

if you were a covington owner battling for a playoff spot, what kind of player should you be seeking in a trade? 

I just traded Millsap and Joe Harris for him in a roto league where I could use the threes and steals.  It's a little bit of a risk for me but players outside the top 100 shouldn't really be played in roto and Millsap/Harris are about there atm.  It looks like a trade that could go wrong for me but those guys barely had replacement value anyway.  In other leagues I'm trying to dump roco for whatever I can get.  It depends.  

20 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I just traded Millsap and Joe Harris for him in a roto league where I could use the threes and steals.  It's a little bit of a risk for me but players outside the top 100 shouldn't really be played in roto and Millsap/Harris are about there atm.  It looks like a trade that could go wrong for me but those guys barely had replacement value anyway.  In other leagues I'm trying to dump roco for whatever I can get.  It depends.  

is that cause you a fringe playoff team or you think he is going to be out for another month or something?