Saucy

Robert Covington 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Covington (ankle) was seen doing some light shooting following Friday's practice, Danny Cunningham of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities reports.

Though Covington's jumpers were mainly of the standstill variety, his on-court activity in any capacity is encouraging. The wing has been sidelined since Jan. 2 due to a bruised right ankle and remains without a timeline for a return. The Timberwolves aren't likely to offer much clarity on that front until Covington resumes taking part in 5-on-5, full-contact practices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jazzbear said:

Covington (ankle) was seen doing some light shooting following Friday's practice, Danny Cunningham of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities reports.

Though Covington's jumpers were mainly of the standstill variety, his on-court activity in any capacity is encouraging. The wing has been sidelined since Jan. 2 due to a bruised right ankle and remains without a timeline for a return. The Timberwolves aren't likely to offer much clarity on that front until Covington resumes taking part in 5-on-5, full-contact practices.

After these news, i dropped for Dedmon.

9 minutes ago, dekciw_1 said:

After these news, i dropped for Dedmon.

better hope dedmon doesn't get traded to sixers. 

Damn Kornet had an ankle bone bruise and only missed a couple weeks. I know different severity, but this sucks

Why is ESPN's update so optimistic lol

Covington, who has been sidelined since Dec. 31 with a right ankle bruise, has been making strides at a possible return soon, as he did some light shooting work following Friday's practice. Covington may be in line for a return Tuesday at Memphis bearing any major setbacks.

12 hours ago, hardyharhar said:

Why is ESPN's update so optimistic lol

Because they are idiots.

They had Convigton among the top waiver wire pick ups for weeks while he was providing top 30 value (that was before he got injured)

• Haha 1

LetMs go Lord Cov i need u back already and playoffs is near😁 It says on BBM expected return date is on 2/21 i hope that’s accurate 

times ticking on him being serviceable. hopefully lord rises but who knows if he's back with limitations with being out for so long. been holding for a damn month or so

Hopefully some clarification comes soon...... Could be a nice weapon for owners in the end of the season 

Missing his threes and steals badly

• Sad 1

On 2/7/2019 at 6:53 PM, PaddingtonBear said:

Over 5 weeks after an injury without a single meaningful update. If this is still the case by All-Star I'm dropping

If this is the case March 11th I'm dropping

33 minutes ago, Extra_Rice said:

If by after the ASB he is still out would consider dropping him for mikal. Almost the same stats.

Even if that part about the stats was true, Bridges is long gone in most leagues.

• Thanks 1

sucks after holding for a month had to let go, just not much updates but the moment a positive news comes out regarding timeline i hope i'll be first to scoop

I'm hoping he gets extra rest during the ASB then there's a surprise announcement after that.  That's actually my hope for all my injured players as that's convenient benchmark.

On 02/02/2019 at 12:37 AM, brosephd said:

better hope dedmon doesn't get traded to sixers. 

yup, Dedmon stayed... Cov still without timetable to return

turned out pretty well

Covington (ankle) remains without a timetable for a return, Danny Cunningham of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities reports.

Covington is reportedly in the "light running and light shooting" stage of his rehab from an ankle bruise but still remains without a timeline for a possible return. Bearing any major turnarounds, Covington will likely miss his 12th straight matchup Monday against the Clippers.

Maybe I should have dropped him for Bridges...

27 minutes ago, dorwell said:

Hallelujah! For on the 3rd day after celebrations did our Lord and Savior arise, akin to a phoenix from the ashes, and thus he engulfed his opponents in fire and flame and showed them great pain and suffering!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

Complete 180 from yesterday

you got to test it out before you get at it.

pretty foolish for anyone who dropped or was thinking about dropping before the break.