Saucy

Robert Covington 2018-2019 Season Outlook

44 minutes ago, dorwell said:

That was always my guess as well.  No reason to bring him back prior to the ASB.  I imagine returning after the ASB is the objective for many injured players, gives them that extra week.  

• Like 4

It's been 40 days my Lord since you started missing games and I have not lost faith in you. You even named a dove, Dane Moore, to bring us this good news. It felt like it was raining for 40 days when you were gone. Now, the sun has shown its rays through the clouds and your imminent return will bring us bountiful joy and prosperity.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

What’s the deal with this injury?  Every other report says it’s his ankle then his knee.  It changes back and forth.  Is it both?

17 minutes ago, nospmoht04 said:

What’s the deal with this injury?  Every other report says it’s his ankle then his knee.  It changes back and forth.  Is it both?

Nothing so mortal and banal as that. Our lord battled devils in the lowest depths of hell to bring us mere humans salvation and took on great harm upon his celestial being and now he rests in the highest circle of heaven with other fantasy gods such as Lord Kirilenko and His Majesty Marion

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

Nothing so mortal and banal as that. Our lord battled devils in the lowest depths of hell to bring us mere humans salvation and took on great harm upon his celestial being and now he rests in the highest circle of heaven with other fantasy gods such as Lord Kirilenko and His Majesty Marion

I see

need his production back to offset me dropping isaac earlier....imagine the stocks if i had both...

• Sad 1

Crazy to think that lord roco is a top 15 player if he shoots his ft at his career rate , he’s been steady improving in that cat throughout the season 

the lord will be back 

What level player would you drop in a waiver claim for RoCo? He just went on waivers and I'm thinking this might be my shot at taking the sting out of this whole AD debacle

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

What level player would you drop in a waiver claim for RoCo? He just went on waivers and I'm thinking this might be my shot at taking the sting out of this whole AD debacle

Obviously you drop your worst player for anyone you pick up

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

I’d drop anyone outside the top 100. I’m somewhat skeptical roco plays more than 15 games ros and with the wolves out of the playoff picture combined with rest days/rust from returning I’m not that confident.  But anyone outside the top 100 is barely over other ww players in 12 team leagues.

2 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I’d drop anyone outside the top 100. I’m somewhat skeptical roco plays more than 15 games ros and with the wolves out of the playoff picture combined with rest days/rust from returning I’m not that confident.  But anyone outside the top 100 is barely over other ww players in 12 team leagues.

Dude the wolves are only 4 games out of the 8 spot and 7 out from the 4th seed, plus Teague and Rose just got healthy, Ro-Co on the way, they just won 2 in a row and beat Houston.  You bet they're going to be trying like crazy to get in the playoffs!  I have no idea how many games he will end up playing.  

11 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

Dude the wolves are only 4 games out of the 8 spot and 7 out from the 4th seed, plus Teague and Rose just got healthy, Ro-Co on the way, they just won 2 in a row and beat Houston.  You bet they're going to be trying like crazy to get in the playoffs!  I have no idea how many games he will end up playing.  

That's pretty optimistic.  4 games is a lot.  People are discounting the Magic and they're only .5 games out of the 8th seed.  I don't think they're better than any of the top 8 teams.  Who do you think they have a chance of supplanting?

BTW this was aside from my thesis which was that he should pick up RoCO…but it's more of a speculative add than anything.

55 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

That's pretty optimistic.  4 games is a lot.  People are discounting the Magic and they're only .5 games out of the 8th seed.  I don't think they're better than any of the top 8 teams.  Who do you think they have a chance of supplanting?

BTW this was aside from my thesis which was that he should pick up RoCO…but it's more of a speculative add than anything.

It's only 4 games it doesnt matter who they'd be supplanting if they just keep winning.  My point being is that the players and coaches don't think they're out of the playoff hunt by any means...now that could change if they start losing out the gate, but I think they keep it close til the last week or two of the season.

He's on my team, so I'm biased towards being optimistic-- but I also think he gets burn ROS. The Lakers and the Wolves are the two teams in the west that seem to have pressure put on making the playoffs. Either team could supplant LAC (who doesn't seem to be worrying much about keeping the 8th seed, after that Harris trade). They might not, but I'm betting both teams give it a go.

The Wolves need the Lord's D more than ever now that they seem committed to starting Saric over Taj. Their defensive rating jumps 10-15 spots with the Lord in there. That's how disruptive the Lord's D is. They are in the playoff hunt as long as he wills it.