• Announcements

    • Patrick Bateman

      Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

      Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Nene

2018-2019 Breakout Candidates

Recommended Posts

On 7/10/2018 at 11:31 PM, 8th Leo said:

Per36  his .675% FT at 5.2 atp/g will absolutely hurt,I think.

not everyone plays in cats leagues though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cdd10 said:

not everyone plays in cats leagues though

Yeah,I know.I replied to the poster who said "............Good source of defensive cats and won't hurt you anywhere ".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyle Anderson in Memphis is going to be on a lot of roto league winning teams this year I think.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pascal Siakam. I think he is a huge break-out candidate this year. The Raps look awful with JV and Serge playing together so I expect Serge to play mostly at the 5 and run a more dynamic and fluent offense. Siakam is perfect for that. Great passer, good handles, nice stocks, I dare say he's 3pt% will be substantially improved this season (42% in the last 14 games). He can do it all. His weakness is maybe rebounding, and FT% (although it's not awful and he never shoots them) but given his improvements in his 2-year college and NBA careers I think we'll see him take another massive leap this year. My early tip for MIP. And could be really nice in fantasy if he can grab the starting PF job or play big mins as 6th man (they might even run a bit of Siakam at the 5 in a super death line-up of Lowry, Green/Wright/FVV, Kawhi, OG, Siakam - try and keep up with that team).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Pascal Siakam. I think he is a huge break-out candidate this year. The Raps look awful with JV and Serge playing together so I expect Serge to play mostly at the 5 and run a more dynamic and fluent offense. Siakam is perfect for that. Great passer, good handles, nice stocks, I dare say he's 3pt% will be substantially improved this season (42% in the last 14 games). He can do it all. His weakness is maybe rebounding, and FT% (although it's not awful and he never shoots them) but given his improvements in his 2-year college and NBA careers I think we'll see him take another massive leap this year. My early tip for MIP. And could be really nice in fantasy if he can grab the starting PF job or play big mins as 6th man (they might even run a bit of Siakam at the 5 in a super death line-up of Lowry, Green/Wright/FVV, Kawhi, OG, Siakam - try and keep up with that team).

 

OG is another one that might have a mini-breakout...but Siakam seems like the one to target out of all the raptors imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rage2021 said:

What round do you guys think is good value for Pascal? 9th? 10th?

 probably undrafted in standard leagues

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rage2021 said:

What round do you guys think is good value for Pascal? 9th? 10th?

 

in 10 or 12 team redraft probably last pick 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rage2021 said:

What round do you guys think is good value for Pascal? 9th? 10th?

Definitely undrafted in standard league, maybe 11-12th round in 20 team deep league where I also play. I really don't understand how he can be a breakout candidate in team which have JV, Ibaka and now Monroe also and Anunoby capable to play PF?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2018-08-19 at 7:18 PM, hipriest69 said:

 

OG is another one that might have a mini-breakout...but Siakam seems like the one to target out of all the raptors imo. 

 

Kawhi is going to hurt O.G.’s value this year.  The Raps are very deep at the 3-5 spots with Kawhi, O.G., CJ Miles, Ibaka, Siakam, JV and Moose all needing minutes. 

 

Also, I don’t know if O.G’s quality play will translate into stats.  Much like a Bruce Bowen type, I think he’s a better player on the floor than the boxscores.

 

he averaged 6/3 with a 3 and a Steal in 20mpg...not sure how his minutes increase at all this year as there’s a decent chance he gets moved to the bench.

Edited by Kawz
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, apatas said:

Definitely undrafted in standard league, maybe 11-12th round in 20 team deep league where I also play. I really don't understand how he can be a breakout candidate in team which have JV, Ibaka and now Monroe also and Anunoby capable to play PF?

 

I think he'll likely be more of a late breakout candidate in the 2nd half of the season. They'll start Ibaka for the time being because he's being paid so damn much, and he'll put up average numbers as he's been declining every year of his career... but once Nurse gets more wins under his belt and management gives the go-ahead to tinker with the roster, I can see them using Siakam at the 4 to start and end games. The guy has such a good feel for the game on both ends, and for someone who only started playing in his late teens, he has a pretty high bball IQ. There was still some rawness in his game last year, but what I'm seeing in the workout videos and Rico Hines scrimmages is very promising.

 

Ibaka was super frustrating to watch for chunks of last season, especially late in the season and the playoffs, and I hope they realize that early and limit his minutes as the season goes on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Siakam has the game, but he doesn't have the opportunity.  I don't think I'd draft him anywhere (unless we see him getting like 26 minutes or something during the whole preseason).  Better to just watch him and if he gets hot and someone gets hurt in January, game on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Auction>Snake said:

Evan fournier

Meh he was a breakout candidate last year and he performed fairly well although he got injured.  I think we pretty much know what he can do at this point: 17ppg/3 apg/3 rpg with 2 3pg/1spg.  I think he’s a lock to be top 75 provided that he stays healthy, but injuries are a concern.  I think he will surpass his ADP but it’s hard to call him a breakout/sleeper when his upside probably isn’t top 50 given his fantasy profile (lacks stocks and only medium rebounds/assists for a guard) and he has vast injury history.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you guys pick Ayton in the 30s to 40s range? The situation and his skillset makes me wondering that he’s going to have a Towns like rookie year with the potential for more. Don’t know what the Yahoo ranks would be come draft season but at the very least I think he has some Kanter like numbers with above 1 block. Those type of numbers aren’t available after the first two rounds. People so far in mocks have been ignoring him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, SicarioSanity said:

Would you guys pick Ayton in the 30s to 40s range? The situation and his skillset makes me wondering that he’s going to have a Towns like rookie year with the potential for more. Don’t know what the Yahoo ranks would be come draft season but at the very least I think he has some Kanter like numbers with above 1 block. Those type of numbers aren’t available after the first two rounds. People so far in mocks have been ignoring him.

 

In real drafts he'll probably be gone by the 5th round. I think at the 4/5 turn is when people will start targeting him. I would probably take Collins, Whiteside and Turner over him right now but i would take him over Jarrett Allen if they were both available in that 50-60 range.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, young_styler said:

 

In real drafts he'll probably be gone by the 5th round. I think at the 4/5 turn is when people will start targeting him. I would probably take Collins, Whiteside and Turner over him right now but i would take him over Jarrett Allen if they were both available in that 50- 60 range.

 

Assuming I didn't desperately need blocks. I think ayton will provide more points, boards, 3s. 

Edited by young_styler
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, StifleTower2 said:

Meh he was a breakout candidate last year and he performed fairly well although he got injured.  I think we pretty much know what he can do at this point: 17ppg/3 apg/3 rpg with 2 3pg/1spg.  I think he’s a lock to be top 75 provided that he stays healthy, but injuries are a concern.  I think he will surpass his ADP but it’s hard to call him a breakout/sleeper when his upside probably isn’t top 50 given his fantasy profile (lacks stocks and only medium rebounds/assists for a guard) and he has vast injury history.  

The only thing I have to add is now they don't have a playmaker in Orlando? I remember his assists were pretty high when Payton was out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PuzzBeterson2 said:

DJ Augustin could be a really nice late round / free agent addition.

 

I think I would rather take a flier on Jerian Grant, personally. I think it's most likely that they'll split the pg duties evenly but if I had to gamble on who could get a 30 minute role as the season progresses, my money would be on Grant. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, young_styler said:

 

I think I would rather take a flier on Jerian Grant, personally. I think it's most likely that they'll split the pg duties evenly but if I had to gamble on who could get a 30 minute role as the season progresses, my money would be on Grant. 

it depends on your need by that time. but both are good last picks. obviously, if u still need a PG, augustin is a solid last pick. in the last couple months, augustin averaged 13pts 3reb 5ast with 2 3s and great percentages in 28 min. good enough for top 150. drawback is he doesnt stl (0.6) or even blk (0.0). those stats seems repeatable with the magics depth chart at PG. at least for the first several months. if u need a BIG, then grant is a solid pick as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that on the depleted Cavs roster David Nwaba is a serious breakout candidate. Osman will be given his chance but if he dissapoints , Nwaba should be in for some big minutes. Either way , I think he will be on the radar in deeper leagues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rainsford said:

I think that on the depleted Cavs roster David Nwaba is a serious breakout candidate. Osman will be given his chance but if he dissapoints , Nwaba should be in for some big minutes. Either way , I think he will be on the radar in deeper leagues.

Agree. And he does a bit of everything in categories as well.

He is normally a coach favourites due to his non stop energy and hustle. Big fan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.