• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Nene

2018-2019 Breakout Candidates

16 hours ago, Chrizz said:

quite possible that Thomas will be the starter but Hezonia will get more minutes I think. He has to take more than 2 shots (25 minutes) like last night though lol

I drafted Hezonja thinking he was the clear cut starter but it looks like Fizdale hasn’t set his mind on Knox, Hezonja or Thomas. I’m definitely regretting that pick and would try dangling him in trade offers if I could get rid of that headache.

4 hours ago, SicarioSanity said:

How about Pascal Siakam? He has been compared to Draymond a lot and with a new coach who knows - he might get a lot of playing time this year. At rank 141 currently, I think he can return good value without requiring much of a risk. Great preseason so far although Anunoby hasn't played yet. But with that playing style, its not hard to love his effort especially when compared to Ibaka. Hope he gets minutes at a variety of positions on the floor.

I’ve heard about these comparisons as well but it looks like a logjam is going on between the 4-5 spots (JVal, Ibaka, Siakam, OG). Best we can do is a wait and see. 

4 hours ago, SicarioSanity said:

How about Pascal Siakam? He has been compared to Draymond a lot and with a new coach who knows - he might get a lot of playing time this year. At rank 141 currently, I think he can return good value without requiring much of a risk. Great preseason so far although Anunoby hasn't played yet. But with that playing style, its not hard to love his effort especially when compared to Ibaka. Hope he gets minutes at a variety of positions on the floor.

Fizdale also compared Lance Thomas to Draymond Green, so you know where that goes with these comparisons lol. 

• Haha 1

I just realized why hasn’t anyone mentioned Dillon Brooks for Memphis? He was a bit of a gem for Memphis at times and with no Tyreke, he should be a lock for he lion’s share of the SG minutes right?

• Like 2

Dillon Brooks’ breakout was last year.  He may improve on those numbers a bit but he’s a known commodity.  He’s one of the safer picks in the mid-late rounds.  I’d say his ceiling is a bit limited.  His teammate Kyle Anderson however should see a bump in his overall stats.  Only problem is his ADP is fairly high at this point that you have to reach to get him.

• Confused 3

44 minutes ago, c_dog said:

Dillon Brooks’ breakout was last year.  He may improve on those numbers a bit but he’s a known commodity.  He’s one of the safer picks in the mid-late rounds.  I’d say his ceiling is a bit limited.  His teammate Kyle Anderson however should see a bump in his overall stats.  Only problem is his ADP is fairly high at this point that you have to reach to get him.

Dillon Brooks is a safe mid-late round pick? I honestly assumed he was going undrafted in standard 12-team leagues this year.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, c_dog said:

Uhh what? Dillon Brooks? He finished outside the top 200 per game last season (and outside the top 140 over the last month if you think he "broke out" at the end of the season). I have yet to see him get drafted in a mock or real draft. Unless you're in a 20-team league he's not a "mid-late round" pick nor is his ADP high.

Even BBM projects him to finish around #200 overall this season

Dillon Brooks lol. Anyways I swvthe writing on the Wall snd traded Super Mario for Terry Rozier in my dynasty league. I am hoping Kyrie does not resign with Boston even though he claims he will.  

6 hours ago, tazdingo said:

I drafted Hezonja thinking he was the clear cut starter but it looks like Fizdale hasn’t set his mind on Knox, Hezonja or Thomas. I’m definitely regretting that pick and would try dangling him in trade offers if I could get rid of that headache.

I’ve heard about these comparisons as well but it looks like a logjam is going on between the 4-5 spots (JVal, Ibaka, Siakam, OG). Best we can do is a wait and see. 

10 hours ago, SicarioSanity said:

1.  I think Mario could disappoint but he's probably more valuable fantasy wise coming off the bench, which will put the ball in his hands more and give him much more usage versus if he played with TMJ, Burke, and Kanter.  Plus he'll be going against second units instead of starters.  It's only preseason so not too worried about shots or production.  The minutes will be there, likely in the mid 20's.  I'm still buying but not as high.  

2.  Siakam.  BEAST MODE.  He's gonna grab the rebound, push it up the court, take 2 steps and dunk it or lay it off for an assist.  Rinse, repeat.  You can't afford to wait and see, unless you're in a 10 team league.  You either buy now and cut bait if he sucks, or buy now and love life.  He's gonna get big minutes, not worried about the other bigs.  Close to 1/1/1, but probably falls a little short in 3's.  Thinking 10/7/3/1/1/1 with around 50% FG.  Not bad for someone you can get outside top 100.  

9 hours ago, HispasianTuna said:

Fizdale also compared Lance Thomas to Draymond Green, so you know where that goes with these comparisons lol. 

Except the stats back Siakam up. His defensive plus minus in limited minutes is off the charts. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, akund said:

Uhh what? Dillon Brooks? He finished outside the top 200 per game last season (and outside the top 140 over the last month if you think he "broke out" at the end of the season). I have yet to see him get drafted in a mock or real draft. Unless you're in a 20-team league he's not a "mid-late round" pick nor is his ADP high.

Hmmmm you guys are right on the numbers but someone has to produce something at the SG spot for Memphis right? I just checked the depth charts for the team and it’s basically down to Dillon Brooks or Marshon Brooks. I’ve liked Marshon Brooks but his game seems to have plateaued at this point.

Maybe “breakout” would be too much to ask for but we can’t deny there is opportunity at that spot right now (even with their weird coach).

4 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

1.  I think Mario could disappoint but he's probably more valuable fantasy wise coming off the bench, which will put the ball in his hands more and give him much more usage versus if he played with TMJ, Burke, and Kanter.  Plus he'll be going against second units instead of starters.  It's only preseason so not too worried about shots or production.  The minutes will be there, likely in the mid 20's.  I'm still buying but not as high.  

2.  Siakam.  BEAST MODE.  He's gonna grab the rebound, push it up the court, take 2 steps and dunk it or lay it off for an assist.  Rinse, repeat.  You can't afford to wait and see, unless you're in a 10 team league.  You either buy now and cut bait if he sucks, or buy now and love life.  He's gonna get big minutes, not worried about the other bigs.  Close to 1/1/1, but probably falls a little short in 3's.  Thinking 10/7/3/1/1/1 with around 50% FG.  Not bad for someone you can get outside top 100.  

Its posts like this which make me want to run after Pascal and just toss Hezonja on the side.

EDIT: just saw his line today and grabbed him for Bam Adebayo. He definitely looks a lot closer to grabbing the starting PF spot now.

Edited by tazdingo

13 hours ago, qpeeters said:

Dillon Brooks is a safe mid-late round pick? I honestly assumed he was going undrafted in standard 12-team leagues this year.

Dillon Brooks should be going around where Allen Crabbe is going.  He should be around the 110-120 range with upside to finish 80-90.  You could do worse with a mid-late pick ( round 9, 10 or so).  If he’s being slept on he makes a great last pick to fill out your roster.

Brooks can get you 12-14ppg, solid %, 2 3pt, 4reb, 2ast, 1stl.  Those are serviceable numbers.

12 hours ago, akund said:

The high ADP was regarding Kyle Anderson.

i am not high on Dillon brooks but objectively he will finish much higher than 200

2 hours ago, c_dog said:

The high ADP was regarding Kyle Anderson.

i am not high on Dillon brooks but objectively he will finish much higher than 200

You're not high on Dillion? LOL You just said above hes gonna finish top 100 with 80 upside..that is LAUGHABLE!

IS that you Dillion? 

Please, no one daft Dillion....16 team and below he should and will go undrafted.

Posted (edited)

I really think Nurk could explode this season, and become top 50 player.

Yesterdays 8/9 from the line (and great overall performance) is really an encouraging sign that he could improve his FT%.

My wild guess is 15/10/3/1/1.5 season. 

Edited by Akauders

2 hours ago, crocp said:

You're not high on Dillion? LOL You just said above hes gonna finish top 100 with 80 upside..that is LAUGHABLE!

IS that you Dillion? 

Please, no one daft Dillion....16 team and below he should and will go undrafted.

He was referring to Slo Mo lol 

21 hours ago, crocp said:

IS that you Dillion? 

I said 110-120 with 80-90 upside.  Learn to read because your reading comprehension is failing you.  I compared him to Allen crabbe which I don’t think is a ridiculous comparison.

im not the one who listed him as a breakout candidate.  But I do think he will be a nice late pick for a lot of teams.  This is just based on my observation.  I’m trying to be objective but clearly there are some BBM ranking worshipers who can’t form their own rankings from watching the games and feel the need to attack my opinion.

my breakout candidates are D’Angelo Russell who I think will smash his ADP and cedi Osman.