Gile Pile

Mike Conley 2018-2019 Season Outlook

He's been perfect in my pts league... glad I took him in the 6th round

with that being said, has he always been a FG% killer? I thought he average around 45%.

46 minutes ago, shaolincage said:

He's been perfect in my pts league... glad I took him in the 6th round

with that being said, has he always been a FG% killer? I thought he average around 45%.

I expect that to creep up to at least 43%. Still recovering from a shooting slump to start the season

somebody offered me donovan mitchell for mike conley and i turned it down..

i also remember some people on here laughing at me for saying mike conley was a better pick than eric bledsoe before the season started.

my calls this year have been more on point than usual.

Conley listed as DTD but went through full practice, do we know if he is playing?

EDIT: as I post that, i see he has been upgraded to probable.

Edited by DamoESP

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:21 PM, COBBLEPOT said:

somebody offered me donovan mitchell for mike conley and i turned it down..

i also remember some people on here laughing at me for saying mike conley was a better pick than eric bledsoe before the season started.

my calls this year have been more on point than usual.

Cool story bro.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Anyone thinking of selling high on Conley?  I was high on Conley pre-draft (late 4th for me behind Bledsoe), but he has far exceeded my expectations.  Any concern of the hamstring being a lingering issue and random DNPs ROS?  

Thinking if I should package him off for someone with better track record for health in the top 30 range (Beal, Middleton, etc).  Or is everyone just riding and hoping the wheels don't fall off?

26 minutes ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

Anyone thinking of selling high on Conley?  I was high on Conley pre-draft (late 4th for me behind Bledsoe), but he has far exceeded my expectations.  Any concern of the hamstring being a lingering issue and random DNPs ROS?  

Thinking if I should package him off for someone with better track record for health in the top 30 range (Beal, Middleton, etc).  Or is everyone just riding and hoping the wheels don't fall off?

The great thing about having players in a team that is fighting for playoffs and playoff positioning is that you tend to see guys "toughing it out" or "playing through injury" much more. 

3 hours ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

You're not really selling high if you trade Conley right now, he is doing exactly what he did the last time we saw him healthy. No concern for random DNPs because the Grizz should be in the playoff hunt and can't afford it. The hamstring could become a lingering issue but that's what you get with Conley. His long injury history is largely due to him toughing it out through injuries which ended up getting worse. It was cool when he was playing through a sprained finger but hammy's are scary. 

I personally thought about hedging my injury risk by trading Conley for Middleton but realized it's not really worth it. For one, Middleton's minutes are down in this Coach Bud system and the chances he produces as well as Conley is slim. Also, I believe Middleton is a bigger Rest/Random DNP risk now that Budenholzer is the HC and he has already given some days off to start the year. In march each game will matter for the Grizzlies and that likely wont be the case in the east for Milwaukee.

• Like 3

Traded Conley for Nurk and picked up Rondo. Just feel like the Grizz are playing a dangerous game with his health. Also the playoff picture in the west is cloudy, if Memphis dont make it, Conley would automatically be a shut down candidate. 

1 hour ago, Illdrago said:

Traded Conley for Nurk and picked up Rondo. Just feel like the Grizz are playing a dangerous game with his health. Also the playoff picture in the west is cloudy, if Memphis dont make it, Conley would automatically be a shut down candidate. 

You sold low though and it's not even midseason.

6 hours ago, Illdrago said:

I see your points, but I agree with RipCity.  You sold low.  Not horrible if you need a center, but I think Conley's owners, if they are looking to sell, can reach higher.

Edited by socal.trades714@yahoo.com
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

I see your points, but I agree with RipCity.  You sold low.  Not horrible if you need a center, but I think Conley's owners, if they are looking to sell, can reach higher.

This. I would have aimed for Ayton if I'm being honest 

4 hours ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

Im in a pretty competetive 12 man league and its really hard to move guards for good bigs. I aimed for Turner, Ayton, Ibaka and even Jarett Allen but all my straight up offers got shot down. And bigs that has solid fg ft reb and blk doesnt really grow on trees, so I figured this deal made sense. This may be a sell low but I know its the best I could get without shaking up my team. 

My roster would be now: 

Lillard, Rondo

Thompson, BogBog, Green

PG, Warren, Batum, Barton(IR)

JJJ, Vonleh

Vucevic, Nurkic, Kanter

So Imo this trade made my team better.

Edited by Illdrago

14 hours ago, Illdrago said:

Sold low imho.

I just traded for Conley/Klay/Mirotic with my Kemba/Ingles/DJ, mainly because I value Conley very highly (top 30 asset). Ayton would’ve been a good, fair swap.

Sucks that you couldn’t get people to bite.