Gile Pile

Mike Conley 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Ayton is exactly the player I’m trying to target and I get you that it is hard to move guards for bigs (I’ve been struggling as well). 

I will prob prob have to do Conley + to get the ayton deal done. But I feel that their value is very close as it is.

Just got on the Conley train, leggo! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Just got on the Conley train, leggo! 

What did you give up? I’m an owner trying to gauge his value

4 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

What did you give up? I’m an owner trying to gauge his value

I traded Dipo and Mirotic for Conley and CJ. I needed some guard stats and quick scoring, and I'm really strong in boards so Niko was a bit of a surplus for me + the injury concern and losing his starting spot. 

Surprisingly, in my league, Conley is valued around the same as Dipo - their numbers are pretty similar. 

• Like 2

On 12/24/2018 at 10:32 PM, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

Ayton is exactly the player I’m trying to target and I get you that it is hard to move guards for bigs (I’ve been struggling as well). 

I will prob prob have to do Conley + to get the ayton deal done. But I feel that their value is very close as it is.

Before Aytons run I traded J Rich for Ayton :P I love conley. But I'm trying to trade him if i get the right value. Someone offered me middleton but i'm hoping for more. A top 25 assist. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 12:21 AM, PhiladelphiaPhoenix said:

Memphis is losing a lot, anyone trying to sell before a potential shutdown ?

I don't think you can get a top 25 value for him, i'm targeting someone around 30-35

Yeah I’m getting worried the more L’s they keep on taking. Any chance he still starts with playoffs starting to look bleak ? & Gasol maybe getting traded. I just hope Memphis maintains some sort of winning culture and doesn’t just shut down Conley completely. My league mates are too smart and wont trade for him unless I sell super low. But f that, I rather just go down with the ship. It’s not like the Grizzilies have some rookie point guard to develop. 

7 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Yeah I’m getting worried the more L’s they keep on taking. Any chance he still starts with playoffs starting to look bleak ? & Gasol maybe getting traded. I just hope Memphis maintains some sort of winning culture and doesn’t just shut down Conley completely. My league mates are too smart and wont trade for him unless I sell super low. But f that, I rather just go down with the ship. It’s not like the Grizzilies have some rookie point guard to develop. 

Just don't trade him if you get something worse than a top30 player. If he is healthy they won't just shut him down for 20 games. Maybe it's 6-8 games in the end. It can fall right onto your finals but if he gets you there then everything goes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Just don't trade him if you get something worse than a top30 player. If he is healthy they won't just shut him down for 20 games. Maybe it's 6-8 games in the end. It can fall right onto your finals but if he gets you there then everything goes.

TBH, 'shutdown alerts' in the past were most likely to be a 'false alarm' for 90% of the times and the players often went on to win fantasy championships for many owners. 

Just don't care about it, many people just like being smart-axxes and this whole 'shutdown alert' thing are one of them. 

Even if they do get shutdown, it will be the last 5~6 games or so. it sucks that they won't be in the fantasy finals,

but as RipCity0 said, if he takes you to the finals, that would be enough to own him til' the end of the season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

i turned down donovan mitchell for this hoe smh 

Lmao :lol:  I’m still amazed they keep losing games. What’s up with that , they’re a decent team Gasol and Conley. JJJ is playing quite well for a rookie. I keep wishing they go on a 8 game winning streak , but that s--- just never happens. They need to start winning games , it’s major for him so he can put up big stat lines, and this tanking shutdown talk can be put to bed. 

57 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Lmao :lol:  I’m still amazed they keep losing games. What’s up with that , they’re a decent team Gasol and Conley. JJJ is playing quite well for a rookie. I keep wishing they go on a 8 game winning streak , but that s--- just never happens. They need to start winning games , it’s major for him so he can put up big stat lines, and this tanking shutdown talk can be put to bed. 

it’s funny cuz they were a top 3 team in the west through one month

theyve been incredibly bad since then and marc+conley fell all the way off, which is what seems to be the problem 

45 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

it’s funny cuz they were a top 3 team in the west through one month

theyve been incredibly bad since then and marc+conley fell all the way off, which is what seems to be the problem 

Marc and Conley has always been really good players(fringe all stars) but not actual superstar caliber players although they played like it for awhile which is why they started so hot. Now they're just regressing to the norm. Lowry also seems like the type where he can go off for a month or so and put up mvp like numbers but eventually falls off a cliff, but now he gets to play with Kawhi. Houston for example started off terrible but long as they have a actual superstar they wouldn't suck for very long. 

4 hours ago, Raiiny said:

Marc and Conley has always been really good players(fringe all stars) but not actual superstar caliber players although they played like it for awhile which is why they started so hot. Now they're just regressing to the norm. Lowry also seems like the type where he can go off for a month or so and put up mvp like numbers but eventually falls off a cliff, but now he gets to play with Kawhi. Houston for example started off terrible but long as they have a actual superstar they wouldn't suck for very long. 

conley was a 20-6 guy in his last healthy season and marc went 20-6-5 that same season 

not to mention, marc is a former dpoy 

they should be a formidable 1-2 punch on a playoff team .. and they’ve been that in the past, including to start the season

i think marc hit the nail on the head

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarcGasol/status/1073229909882011648

Gasol has been terrible and Conley cannot do it all. I also don't believe this coach should have an NBA job, he has never proven he is good. They have a very easy schedule for next 9 games till Feb 6 with trade deadline Feb 7. If they don't get 5-6 wins there I can see Gasol leaving the next day, no point in keeping him.

From BBM

"The Grizzlies have made it known that they are entertaining deals for Conley and Marc Gasol"

Here we go...

Very few teams that are competing for playoffs and need a starting PG. only teams that come to mind are Miami & Indiana. It’s very unlikely the Pacers take on Conley’s deal given sabonis’ impending free agency which only leaves Miami. There has been talks about a Whiteside & Gasol swap so it’s not impossible that Gasol and Conley could both head to Miami.

With that said, there is only 1 real option that comes to mind which makes it extremely unlikely that Conley gets traded.

I don't think any team would want conley 35m contract:huh:

12 minutes ago, kane said:

Injuries in the past aside he's playing like he's worth that much.. and he's staying healthy to boot.

Edited by stickman786

12 minutes ago, kane said:

Yeah I don’t think so either. I think if anyone it’s Gasol who gets traded. His contract is 1 year left with player option, around 22m I think, guessing. What contender needs a point guard like conley, and his 3 year contract, which aint cheap. I just hope Conley if he does stay , isnt shutdown. 

Just now, stickman786 said:

Injuries aside he's playing like he's worth that much.. and he's staying healthy to boot.