Gile Pile

Mike Conley 2018-2019 Season Outlook

46 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Does this guy know how to playmake anymore?

complain complain complain

smh

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jub Jub said:

Ruled out tonight before warmups and Rotoworld suggests he could be out until the trade deadline, with a potential trade to Utah for Rubio?

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2019/02/01/jazz-have-made-offer/

Yeah very possible.

Sucks for me since I have Conley, Murray, Ayton, Gallo, DeRozan, Kanter (DNP-CD), plus last week when Jokic (suspended), Embiid (rest), Lillard (rest) and Horford (rest) were all out. My entire roster had a red tag. AHHHHHH.

If he gets traded to Utah this is good news for Conley owners. No shutdown and Utah PO sched >>>>>>>>> Mem

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sharkpotato said:

If he gets traded to Utah this is good news for Conley owners. No shutdown and Utah PO sched >>>>>>>>> Mem

Fingers are crossed for that trade!

his staying with the grizllies. His going get even more shots up with no mack, gasol left. But i do worry about the playoff shut down for sure...i would look to handcuff delon wright as playoff comes close.

Edited by the1gq2nvy
  • Haha 1

Just now, the1gq2nvy said:

his staying with the grizllies. His going get even more shots up with no mack, gasol left. But i do worry about the playoff shut down for sure.

He's gonna get more difficult shots with crappier teammates. Staying with Memphis is definitely bad for him

He’ll probably get shutdown by season’s end (maybe 3-6 games), but until then, he’s going to get all the shots he can handle with JJJ. 

JV is still an inside threat, so maybe Conley can get similar open looks. He’s nowhere near the passer Gasol is though.

if anythimg i see his assist numbers go up even higher since gasol was such a good passer and playmaker they lost.

owning gasol last year while they were tank mode...they did sit him down but not much. Towards last few weeks of playoffs i remember he would sit  a game here and there but wasn't a complete shut down.

1 hour ago, the1gq2nvy said:

owning gasol last year while they were tank mode...they did sit him down but not much. Towards last few weeks of playoffs i remember he would sit  a game here and there but wasn't a complete shut down.

This.

I remembered the same thing with Gasol last year. He sat for a few games here and there, but it was never a week to week thing. In fact I can’t remember that happening to any player.

3 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

This.

I remembered the same thing with Gasol last year. He sat for a few games here and there, but it was never a week to week thing. In fact I can’t remember that happening to any player.

tyreke lol

20 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

tyreke lol

Touche, but Tyreke was hitting FA and their most moveable trade chip at the time. Conley is an all-time Grizzlies player with another year on his contract. He also draws crowds to games and sells tickets.

I don’t see their situation being the same, but we’ll see :ph34r:

• Like 1

It's not that they are winning when they play him so doesn't hurt the tank.

• Like 1

If he plays tomorrow, could be the best opportunity to trade him away. Post-ASB Conley shutdown is imminent. 

I will never understand why the Grizzlies didn't trade away Tyreke last year and Conley this year. Maybe he should have demanded a trade like AD and the NBA would force the Grizzlies to play him.

This is purely speculation, but after playing in an OT game tonight, I have a feeling he may sit one of the games of the upcoming B2B

28 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

This is purely speculation, but after playing in an OT game tonight, I have a feeling he may sit one of the games of the upcoming B2B

God damnit Del Rio ! .. your gonna speak it into existence. I seriously hope not. Honestly I feel like Conley will play out the season. Memphis is a solid organization, and with the trading away of Gasol , and how big that was for the franchise. Just the grit and grind culture,  & loyalty to the fans, they won’t just shut him down. Just my opinion , maybe I have no idea what I’m talking about.  

• Sad 1