dogfightgiggle

Greg Zuerlein 2018 Outlook

First round. Being able to get an RB1 as your floor and QB2 as your ceiling in your kicker is too valuable to f--- around with. 

But seriously, is the golden legged God recovering well from the surgery?

And so it begins...

any where in the deeper rounds where I find myself lost I'm defaulting to Legatron r9 to r13 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 team PPR and I'm seriously considering taking him in the 8th.  Hahaha.  

Look, you can stream D, but not kickers.

Last season a guy wanted me to sweaten a trade by tossing in Zeurlein.  I looked at the points and he was outscoring Gronk at the time.  

Thing is, Leg just had back surgery so it's a little dicey.

Also, you burn a roster spot over the bye.

Sacrifices must be made.

1 hour ago, dogfightgiggle said:

12 team PPR and I'm seriously considering taking him in the 8th.  Hahaha.  

I'm sure all your leaguemates are fervently praying that you do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Too lazy to do a full write up, but lumping Z in with all kickers and acting like a slight reach for him will be a losing move...is stupid. He was a regular season winner last year. Unless you think last year was an outlier or his back injury he wont recover from, I wouldn't treat him like a normal kicker.

• Like 1

I'm all in again this year. Took last year off.

Posted (edited)

You can call me dumb and that's fine, but I will never draft a kicker before the last or 2nd to last round of the draft. 

Always have, always will, that's my stance and I'm not budging. 

Last year I was able to get him. He had a beast leg, but the offense was horrible (going into the year). It was nice for sure. 

But now that the offense is much improved I think my days of hanging with Legatron are over. Time to move on to the next Legatron. And no, I don't know who that is yet. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

9 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

You can call me dumb and that's fine, but I will never draft a kicker before the last or 2nd to last round of the draft. 

Always have, always will, that's my stance and I'm not budging. 

Last year I was able to get him. He had a beast leg, but the offense was horrible (going into the year). It was nice for sure. 

But now that the offense is much improved I think my days of hanging with Legatron are over. Time to move on to the next Legatron. And no, I don't know who that is yet. 

You think he wont score well because the offense is improved? I think he might get less FG attempts, but McVay was willing to let him go for bombs and I dont think that will change. A high powered offense should put him in range and he has the kind of coach who wont play those areas conservatively. It also helps the Rams have a good enough defense, they dont have to worry about giving up a short field by going aggressive on attempts.

And fyi, I wasnt saying waiting for a kicker is dumb. I was saying that acting like its foolish to reach for him is dumb.

There is no consistency among Kickers (outside of what Gostkowski did for three or four years in NE).

Last year's "league-winner" could be picked up off of waivers a few weeks into the season.  I did it myself in several leagues.

This year's best kicker could be the 3rd one off the board, the 12th one off the board, or a free agent to start the season again; and if the best one isn't, a top 3 Kicker will be.  I'm not wasting a pick before the last couple of rounds on the same (or worse) fantasy production that I can get from the waiver wire.

20 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

There is no consistency among Kickers (outside of what Gostkowski did for three or four years in NE).

Last year's "league-winner" could be picked up off of waivers a few weeks into the season.  I did it myself in several leagues.

This year's best kicker could be the 3rd one off the board, the 12th one off the board, or a free agent to start the season again; and if the best one isn't, a top 3 Kicker will be.  I'm not wasting a pick before the last couple of rounds on the same (or worse) fantasy production that I can get from the waiver wire.

Considering your Watson stance, I figured you'd be all over Zuerlein.

42 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Time to move on to the next Legatron. And no, I don't know who that is yet. 

I kind of like Robbie Gould this year if I don't go after Zuerlein.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, dogfightgiggle said:

Considering your Watson stance, I figured you'd be all over Zuerlein.

Yeah, that makes sense...

Not.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

You think he wont score well because the offense is improved? I think he might get less FG attempts, but McVay was willing to let him go for bombs and I dont think that will change. A high powered offense should put him in range and he has the kind of coach who wont play those areas conservatively. It also helps the Rams have a good enough defense, they dont have to worry about giving up a short field by going aggressive on attempts.

And fyi, I wasnt saying waiting for a kicker is dumb. I was saying that acting like its foolish to reach for him is dumb.

No way. I think he can do what he did last year again as long as this back injury isn't a thing. 

I'm saying I got him cheap cause the offense sucked going into 2017. 

Now that the offense is better he's going to be more expensive. 

When you consistently get the ball to opponents side of field there's more chances for everyone to score. Offensive players as well as kickers. 

Going into 2017 the Rams O sucked and his value was depressed. Those days are no longer. 

I'll probably just go look for the highest scoring offense that has the kicker with the lowest ADP. Not sure who that is though. Haven't looked or thought about kickers yet this season. 

I never said either kicker strategy ( waiting to draft or over drafting) was dumb. To each their own. I wasn't even speaking to you, just kinda speaking in generalities. Just stated what I won't do. I believe that legatron is probably going about 20 picks higher going into 2018 than he was 2017,but I haven't looked or fact checked myself either. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Like 1

Oh, wait, is Legatron like first kicker off the board?

I'm back to out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

This cat put up rb2 numbers...yea. I'm sold. 

Back has me worried...

Rd 12 is about right.

Lol

Nothing to laugh at.

This dude was as Randy would say...

Straight Cash homey.

Maybe even better than rb2 numbers;)

Kickers should only score in round numbers. Because that's what yahoo offers and that's what I play with. 

I find your decimal scoring kickers shallow and pedantic 

1 hour ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Nothing to laugh at.

This dude was as Randy would say...

Straight Cash homey.

Maybe even better than rb2 numbers;)

Lol

44 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Kickers should only score in round numbers. Because that's what yahoo offers and that's what I play with. 

I find your decimal scoring kickers shallow and pedantic 

I prefer a 49 yard FG being 4.9 instead of 4 but I too play in the majority of leagues where it is round numbers.

5 hours ago, turner46 said:

I prefer a 49 yard FG being 4.9 instead of 4 but I too play in the majority of leagues where it is round numbers.

4.9 yard fg should be 3. Like all other fgs.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

4.9 yard fg should be 3. Like all other fgs.

So, RBs, WRs, TEs get credit for all of their yardage at the exact amount (49 yards=4.9) but kickers should only be 3 no matter what? 

There’s even PPR to juice up skill positions points as well, but still kickers should only get 3 points regardless?

A 60 yard FG should be the same as a 25 yard FG?

I’m not buying. I’m not saying I like the decimal point system as I prefer the round number for kickers, but I like a little bonus given to the kickers for the longer FGs. 39 yards and under 3 points. 40-49=4, 50 or more=5.

Not saying everyone has to play or like the same scoring formats but I think kickers should be valued for their contributions more than just 3 points regardless of how long the FG is. 

Kickers are people too! 😂

Edited by Shake
  • Like 1