dogfightgiggle

Greg Zuerlein 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, ADDwithFF said:

Yep, I am impatiently waiting for this to happen in my Yahoo league. 

Fournette taking up my IR spot. So, I'll just have to actually roster him in a bench spot which blows. But I can only do this for one more week. It looks like I jumped on him one week too early.

1 minute ago, RoseLin23 said:

For players that end up not playing on Sunday's, are they always designated as 'out' before the games play? Or could Greg the Leg stay as "doubtful' and thus not allow you to place him in your IR spot?

I thought someone in my league was going to drop him now, but now it seems they're going to wait until Sunday. If he get's the 'out' tag then they won't drop him. I was hoping they'd drop before he was given the 'out' on Yahoo.

Usually it is Friday we typically know if a player will be out. In Greg's case he isn't a game time decision so we should get the official word tomorrow when final injury reports come out.

2 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

For players that end up not playing on Sunday's, are they always designated as 'out' before the games play? Or could Greg the Leg stay as "doubtful' and thus not allow you to place him in your IR spot?

I thought someone in my league was going to drop him now, but now it seems they're going to wait until Sunday. If he get's the 'out' tag then they won't drop him. I was hoping they'd drop before he was given the 'out' on Yahoo.

From what I recall in my experience the "out" tap is less consistent for truly questionable game-time decisions, but to be honest I can't say with certainty as I'm usually tracking my IR eligible players in the days leading up to gametime as opposed to the hour before. Maybe someone else knows more decisively. I do expect with a high degree of certainty (95%+) that we will see Greg with the "out" designation in the days leading up to Sunday because unlike true game-time decisions there should be some certainty in his status since they will have to make a move with Santos one way or the other (they aren't retaining Santos if they plan to make Greg active).

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Fournette taking up my IR spot. So, I'll just have to actually roster him in a bench spot which blows. But I can only do this for one more week. It looks like I jumped on him one week too early.

Better a week early than a week late. 

6 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

It will change to out, when he is officially "out". Happened with TY Hilton on my roster last week, and sadly seemingly this week as well

It really all depends on the team. If a team comes right out and says so and so isn't playing then they will change the status to Out. Guys like Pete Carroll play games and apparently McVay too. With teams that play these games you have to wait until Friday, unfortunately. Beat writers sometimes know for sure, but until actual word from the team comes they won't change it. I don't blame these guys though because they are playing a chess game. However, for a kicker it really shouldn't be difficult to come out and say he's not playing.

3 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

I disagree with everything here. Look at the top kickers on the year, that the top you have Tucker and Succop, both mediocre offense outdoor teams with poor QB play. Then rounding out the next tier you have Rosas and Maher. It's still a tight cluster this early in the season with nobody pulling away. 

Last year Gould and Tucker were 2 and 4 respectively, with bad QB play, bad offenses and outdoor teams. The next tier down is tightly clustered with everyone being fairly equal. 

1. Weather is not a factor right now wait about 3 weeks.

2. Flacco is playing very well and they have become a much better off. 

3. Look at the top 10 kickers from last year 2017- (zuerlein, goskowski, tucker, bryant, lutz, boswell, butckner, succop prater) 7/10 from strong offenses. 

4. Kicking is unpredictable, but if you get a kicker from a top off you are at least getting 5 points usually. Weather is something you can monitor as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nmartinez12443 said:

1. Weather is not a factor right now wait about 3 weeks.

2. Flacco is playing very well and they have become a much better off. 

3. Look at the top 10 kickers from last year 2017- (zuerlein, goskowski, tucker, bryant, lutz, boswell, butckner, succop prater) 7/10 from strong offenses. 

4. Kicking is unpredictable, but if you get a kicker from a top off you are at least getting 5 points usually. Weather is something you can monitor as well. 

Tennesee and Detroit aren't what I would categorize as strong offenses from last year. LAC, HOU, OAK, CIN all had stronger (statistical) offenses than a lot of that list but aren't on that list.

FG attempts is the #1 stat to look at for kickers. That is why Z was elite with Fisher and transcendent with McVey.

Edited by hoppychokes

Status in Yahoo got changed from Doubtful to Questionable. This is very frustrating. Anybody have news? It isn't even getting put on IR because I already have a guy there. The problem is I need to make plans. Ugh!:angry:

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, 99-percent-sure said:

Yahoo just moved Zuerlein back to "questionable." I wonder if there's something substantive behind that - maybe he practiced.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/rams-greg-zuerlein-puts-in-limited-practice/

Zuerlein (groin) was listed as a limited participant at Thursday's practice, Rich Hammond of the Los Angeles Daily News reports.

Zuerlein had been labeled a non-participant at Wednesday's practice, with coach Sean McVay stating the same day that the kicker is probably another week away from playing. While McVay's comment likely still holds true, Zuerlein's advancement to limited participation tentatively keeps a sliver of hope alive for him to return to action Sunday against the Broncos. If Zuerlein is forced to miss a fourth straight contest with the groin injury, Cairo Santos would serve as the Rams' kicker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On news that he was limited today, I think that gives hope that he could play next week if not this.

I've never carried two kickers before, but reading the posts here, I think I"m swallowing the Kool-Aid and going to hold a week after picking him up off waivers this week.  I think it makes sense to drop your RB5 or WR5 who you'll likely never start and just adds simply bench depth.  In doing so, you're maintaining control of K#1 who doesn't have a bye until week 12, so essentially almost all of the fantasy regular season.  That would be a big positional advantage at what usually is a roll of the dice.  If you drop this week to pick up a replacement, you're surely going to have to fight to get him back through waivers if he's looking like a go for week 7.

4 minutes ago, Ryedog87 said:

Wonder if he can kick in the snow

Outside of Chicago (week 14), snow isn't on the schedule.

14 minutes ago, Kaytwo said:

Outside of Chicago (week 14), snow isn't on the schedule.

It’s on the schedule for Sunday at Denver.

Limited practice has to be good news though? If he gets another in tomorrow he might have a shot at playing, right?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jcw102686 said:

Limited practice has to be good news though? If he gets another in tomorrow he might have a shot at playing, right?

Need to see Cairo Santos get cut by Saturday, else this might be a s--- show with status up in the air

I picked him up with Ka'imi as current kicker.

Fortunately I have the space to hold him thru this weekend.

12 hours ago, Jcw102686 said:

With the forecast for cold/snowy in Denver I can't imagine they would risk playing him.

12 hours ago, Szer0 said:

Need to see Cairo Santos get cut by Saturday, else this might be a s--- show with status up in the air

I may be crazy, but I might consider benching GZ even if he is active and picking up another kicker for this week, just to see how it plays out. Especially true if Santos is not cut, like you say. Weather not good in Den, first game back,etc. 

Dang it, was wondering why Yahoo changed his status from D to Q. I need him to be changed to O so I can stash him in my IR spot. 

The forecast for Denver on Sunday is snow (mostly before game but could snow during the game too). Even if Legatron plays, I would not want to play him this week. 

Please let him rest one more week and not risk re-injury in those conditions. 

Edited by ADDwithFF
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ADDwithFF said:

Dang it, was wondering why Yahoo changed his status from D to Q. I need him to be changed to O so I can stash him in my IR spot. 

The forecast for Denver on Sunday is snow (mostly before game but could snow during the game too). Even if Legatron plays, I would not want to play him this week. 

Please let him rest one more week and not risk re-injury in those conditions. 

So players can be placed in the IR slotin Yahoo even if they are just "out" and not on the real life IR?

On 10/11/2018 at 12:14 AM, bsong71 said:

I just love the fact that there is this much talk about a kicker.

I dare anyone to predict who will be the top kicker ROS. :)

Tucker 

17 minutes ago, soccerphysio said:

So players can be placed in the IR slotin Yahoo even if they are just "out" and not on the real life IR?

Yes, you can put a player that is designated O in the IR slot... even if they are just out for one week.  This can create an issue the following week if you are hitting the WW though. If the designation gets flipped back to Q before the WW and your player is still in the IR spot, your WW bids won't go through. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, soccerphysio said:

Not sure about yahoo, but you can do that in espn. Bell is actually on somebodies IR in my league, so don’t even have to be injured.