• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  

5 hours ago, BearDownBears said:

12 team, PPR, 2 RB-3 WR-Flex. I'll use FFC ADP but be a little more flexible and say the picks can be a max of 3 ADP slots higher (lower?) thank my pick. I'll go from the 12 pick which I really like this year.

1.12 (12)- Odell (ADP 11)

2.01 (13)- Julio (ADP 14)

3.12 (36)- Diggs (ADP 34) 

4.01 (37)- Guice (ADP 35)

5.12 (60)- Dion Lewis (ADP 57)

6.01 (61)- Crabtree (ADP 63) 

7.12 (84)- Burkhead (ADP 86) is he really this low?

8.01 (85)- CJ Anderson (ADP 94)

9.12 (108)- D.J Moore (ADP 110)

10.01 (109)- Stafford (ADP 107)

11.12 (132)- Jack Doyle (ADP 135)

12.01 (133)- Cam Meredith (ADP 134)

13.12 (156)- Kenneth Dixon (ADP 157)

14.01 (157)- Gostowski (ADP 159)

15.12 (180)- Carolina Defense (ADP 179)

So-

QB: Stafford

RB1: Guice

RB2: Dion Lewis

WR1: Odell

WR2: Julio 

WR3: Diggs

Flex: Crabtree

TE: Jack Doyle

K: Gostowski

DST: Carolina

Bench:

Burkhead

CJ Anderson

Kenneth Dixon

D.J Moore

Cam Meredith 

Awful.

5 hours ago, BearDownBears said:

12 team, PPR, 2 RB-3 WR-Flex. I'll use FFC ADP but be a little more flexible and say the picks can be a max of 3 ADP slots higher (lower?) thank my pick. I'll go from the 12 pick which I really like this year.

1.12 (12)- Odell (ADP 11)

2.01 (13)- Julio (ADP 14)

3.12 (36)- Diggs (ADP 34) 

4.01 (37)- Guice (ADP 35)

5.12 (60)- Dion Lewis (ADP 57)

6.01 (61)- Crabtree (ADP 63) 

7.12 (84)- Burkhead (ADP 86) is he really this low?

8.01 (85)- CJ Anderson (ADP 94)

9.12 (108)- D.J Moore (ADP 110)

10.01 (109)- Stafford (ADP 107)

11.12 (132)- Jack Doyle (ADP 135)

12.01 (133)- Cam Meredith (ADP 134)

13.12 (156)- Kenneth Dixon (ADP 157)

14.01 (157)- Gostowski (ADP 159)

15.12 (180)- Carolina Defense (ADP 179)

So-

QB: Stafford

RB1: Guice

RB2: Dion Lewis

WR1: Odell

WR2: Julio 

WR3: Diggs

Flex: Crabtree

TE: Jack Doyle

K: Gostowski

DST: Carolina

Bench:

Burkhead

CJ Anderson

Kenneth Dixon

D.J Moore

Cam Meredith 

Can't fault that too much.  Particularly like the Burkhead pick.  Only thing is Dixon.  Dude seems like he's too close to being out of the league to roster.

15 hours ago, CooL said:

If this is a serious exercise, you need to state what draft slot you are picking from.  Clearly not at the back of the draft as I don't see Gronk being a high second rounder and Fitz wouldn't last until the 3-4 turn in PPR.  So maybe a top 5 pick?

Are you really comfortable with your receivers being Fitz, Hurns, DJ Moore, and Geronimo Allison? Mabye if you took AB in the first.  But if you do that, then your RBs are Michel, Cohen/Thompson, Mack, John Kelly, and another Pats RB?  Yuck.

I won't know my slot till just before we draft. 

The RD2 Gronk pick is basically saying, "This is the last guy I would be cool with drafting here."

After that, the Watson pick could easily be dropped to a mid or late round dude.

Changes the feel of the whole squad.

That said, with sleepers like mine I can afford to take some luxury picks.

8 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

I don't usually do snake drafts, but I only had a short time to draft tonight, so I relented.  I think maybe I nailed the Dream Draft in the process.

10 Team PPR Best-Ball League.  I was sitting there with the #2 overall pick, all ready to take Zeke, and then the #1 pick didn't show up and autodrafted David Johnson.

Merry Christmas to me!

QB:  Andrew Luck (9) 11.2, Derek Carr (7) 13.2, Ryan Tannehill (11) 20.9

RB:  Todd Gurley (12) 1.2, Jay Ajayi (9) 4.9, Marshawn Lynch (7) 8.9, Marlon Mack (9) 9.2, Ty Montgomery (7) 14.9

WR:  Mike Evans (5) 2.9, Larry Fitzgerald (9) 3.2, T.Y. Hilton (9) 5.2, Pierre Garcon (11) 6.9, Jordy Nelson (7) 10.9, Martavis Bryant (7) 15.2

TE:  Greg Olsen (4) 7.2, Benjamin Watson (6) 17.2

K:  Detroit Lions (6) 18.9, San Francisco 49ers (11) 19.2

DST:  Jacksonville Jaguars (9) 12.9, Baltimore Ravens (10) 16.9

It's probably a better team than could be assembled in an auction draft.

Now that you have some experience down in snake draft format, it's time to accept the challenge from @ponza88 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dogfightgiggle said:

I like the squad, but waiting on TE would open up some interesting possibilities:  A QB with #1 overall potential (Cam/Wentz), another RB (seems like a big drop from what's available in the 6th to Riddick), even a WR like Fuller who can be a nasty WR3 or flex.

I just don't feel good about a single TE later. I think Rudolph is a top 5 guy, and I'm more than comfortable with my starting RBs/WRs. 

If im taking a QB early, it's Rodgers, or nothing. 

• Like 1

12 Team Standard Picking 10th.

I'm feeling pretty comfortable with and confident in the mock draft where I get

1. Beckham

2. Green

3. Howard

4. Collins

Some of that is slanted to some of my opinions obviously, but I like that four a lot. 

• Like 2

Well lets throw down!!  Somebody set this s--- up.  12 or 14 teams.  0.5 PPR.  Auction.  $100+ entry.  

We all talk a good game, lets see who can back it up.  

[ Bickering removed.  @Axe Elf, don't bring up dirty laundry to attack other members. Everyone else who took the bait or just used the fracas to take shots at others: cut it out.  ]

4th or 5th pick in PPR - realistic dream start for me would be Antonio Brown, Devonta Freeman, and Doug Baldwin. I could round out my team from there but that would be a great start.

12 team PPR - 5th pick

1: Antonio Brown

2: Devonta Freeman

3. Doug Baldwin

4: Zach Ertz

5: Jarvis Landry

6: Kerryon Johnson

7: Rex Burkhead

8: Robert Woods

9: Corey Clement

10: Matt Ryan

I really like Burkhead and Clement as nice RB sleepers this year.

In a 12 team redraft I don't think anyone should feel all that happy with a backup QB on their roster.  It's just a wasted roster spot.  The same goes for a back up TE.  I also think taking a K or DST round 10 or earlier is a huge mistake.

My perfect auction strategy right now- 14 teamer.  No D or K, start 2 RB 3 WR and a flex

RB1- Kamara, Fournette, or Gordo

RB2- Freeman

WR1- Adams

WR2- C Davis

WR3- Fuller

WR4- Stills

TE- Kelce

QB- for $5-7, give me Jimmy G, Matt Ryan, or Mariota.   

This is a pipe dream- those top 3 guys have to cost me no more than say $125 to be able to pull off the rest, and even that total squeezes the rest.    If I can't get this exact, i'm going to skip Freeman and go with a cheaper option, or dump the Kelce dream.    I'm eschewing depth- other than what you see here i'll have maybe $20 left at most to fill in my bench.    

Posted (edited)

Keeper league dream draft- in completely win now mode

1- Freeman (or trade up to top 2 to get Barkley or Fournette)

2- Fitzgerald

3- Ertz

4- Aaron Jones

4- Jamaal Williams (requires a trade up to get back to back picks)

6- David Johnson (keeper)

7- Best WR available

7- Kamara (keeper)

8 - Tyreek (keeper)

9- Another WR

10- Jags D  

I'll have 3 every week RB's, almost for sure thanks to the keepers, and I like having the packer guys as my 4- i'd ignore RB for the rest of the draft outside of a flyer late (or Chase Edmonds)   WR is tough, even Fitzgerald in the 2nd is unlikely.     QB's always go late here, i can get one in the 11th that starts, easily.    Ertz in the third probably also doesn't happen-  if it doesn't, I grab a WR there (Demaryius?  Tate?)  and get a TE in the 7th.   

I will circle the teams that have the WR1 I wont have like a vulture.  If any of them struggle, i'll be offering picks to get their stud player.  

Edited by BrianM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

In a 12 team redraft I don't think anyone should feel all that happy with a backup QB on their roster.  It's just a wasted roster spot.  The same goes for a back up TE.  I also think taking a K or DST round 10 or earlier is a huge mistake.

Re: Qb and TE- that really depends on the size of your bench, league tendencies, and what players we are talking about specifically.  

D/K:    100% correct

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Re: Qb and TE- that really depends on the size of your bench, league tendencies, and what players we are talking about specifically.  

D/K:    100% correct

I would only be referencing the common 12 team redraft leagues that have 5 or 6 bench spots.  During mock drafts I always bring up this question and the reasom most give is that they are scared of what will happen if their starting QB gets hurt.  It's easy, just pick up the best QB off waivers.  A lot of the people who drafted a backup QB are going to be dropping them when they are in need of a RB or WR off waivers.  There always seems to be a QB1 available on waivers just about every week.

• Like 1

I guess you could call this a dream draft.  By round, these are my early targets if things go well:  

(.5 PPR- the best setting :D )

1- Any of the 4 Horsemen (Bell, DJ,Zeke, Gurley)

2- Mccoy/McKinnon/Freeman

3- Evans/Kelce/Mixon/Howard

4- Fitz/Ertz/DT/JuJu

5- Lions WRs/j. Graham/Arob/L Miller

6- Watkins/cam/RW/Watson

7- Hogan/ Fuller/ Crabtree/ Burk

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I would only be referencing the common 12 team redraft leagues that have 5 or 6 bench spots.  During mock drafts I always bring up this question and the reasom most give is that they are scared of what will happen if their starting QB gets hurt.  It's easy, just pick up the best QB off waivers.  A lot of the people who drafted a backup QB are going to be dropping them when they are in need of a RB or WR off waivers.  There always seems to be a QB1 available on waivers just about every week.

K-  I’d call that a short bench league.    In which case you’re spot on.   There aren’t enough players rostered to justify a backup TE or qb.  

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

K-  I’d call that a short bench league.    In which case you’re spot on.   There aren’t enough players rostered to justify a backup TE or qb.  

Isn't that what is most common for leagues.  The majority of all the leagues I'm in have 6 bench spots.  The more bench spots the more it makes sense to have a backup QB or TE.

• Like 1

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Isn't that what is most common for leagues.  The majority of all the leagues I'm in have 6 bench spots.  The more bench spots the more it makes sense to have a backup QB or TE.

Just speaking from my experiences-  it’s a lot more 18-20 round drafts with an extra wr or flex now.  

My 2 oldest leagues on ESPN still use short benches.  Fun- but a much simpler game. 

Just speaking from my experiences-  it’s a lot more 18-20 round drafts with an extra wr or flex now.  

My 2 oldest leagues on ESPN still use short benches.  Fun- but a much simpler game. 

I don't think I'm in any like that.  My favorite format is a 16 round draft with 10 starters and 6 bench spots.  Start 2 RBs and 3 WRs with a flex position.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't think I'm in any like that.  My favorite format is a 16 round draft with 10 starters and 6 bench spots.  Start 2 RBs and 3 WRs with a flex position.

Favorite format eh...

ever play devy dynasty?   

Favorite format eh...

ever play devy dynasty?   

I'm in one dynasty league with a super flex position.  It has 25 player rosters.  It's alright, certainly not my favorite league.

well let’s see your target list there Hawk. 

Just now, Impreza178 said:

well let’s see your target list there Hawk. 

If I'm picking in one of the first 4 spots I taking one of Bell, Elliott, DJ and Gurley.  I'm not sure who I want for sure in the rest of the first but would probably lean towards WR since I usually only do PPR leagues.  The next round is going to depend on who I took in the first.  Since so much depends on draft position it's hard to be realistic in who I'd be taking.   To make it easier I'll just assume I have a top 3 pick and am required to draft a K and DST.

1 - Bell

2 - AJ Green

3 - Doug Baldwin

4 - Alshon Jeffery

5 - Lamar Miller

6 - Tarik Cohen

7 - Kyle Rudolph

8 - Nick Chubb

9 - Allen Hurns

10 - Philip Rivers

11 - Nelson Agholor

12 - Theo Riddick

13 - Kenny Golladay

14 - Chicago DST

15 - Jake Elliott

16 - Austin Ekeler

QB - Philip Rivers

RB1 - Leveon Bell

RB2 - Lamar Miller

WR1 - AJ Green

WR2 - Doug Baldwin

WR3 - Alshon Jeffery

TE - Kyle Rudolph

Flex - Tarik Cohen

K - Jake Elliott

DST - Chicago

Bench - Nick Chubb, Allen Hurns, Nelson Agholor, Theo Riddick, Kenny Golladay, Austin Ekeler

• Like 1

Just did a 12 team PPR mock drafting from the 4 spot

1. Hopkins

2. D. Freeman

3. T. Hill

4. Alex Collins

5. Marvin Jones

6. R. Wilson

7. Chris  Thompson

8. Jimmy Graham

9. Rams DST

10. CJ Anderson