• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Isn't that what is most common for leagues.  The majority of all the leagues I'm in have 6 bench spots.  The more bench spots the more it makes sense to have a backup QB or TE.

I think the oppositte. I have one league with huge benches and I juet stash as many RBs as I can.

You can stream QBs if yours gets hurt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If I'm picking in one of the first 4 spots I taking one of Bell, Elliott, DJ and Gurley.  I'm not sure who I want for sure in the rest of the first but would probably lean towards WR since I usually only do PPR leagues.  The next round is going to depend on who I took in the first.  Since so much depends on draft position it's hard to be realistic in who I'd be taking.   To make it easier I'll just assume I have a top 3 pick and am required to draft a K and DST.

1 - Bell

2 - AJ Green

3 - Doug Baldwin

4 - Alshon Jeffery

5 - Lamar Miller

6 - Tarik Cohen

7 - Kyle Rudolph

8 - Nick Chubb

9 - Allen Hurns

10 - Philip Rivers

11 - Nelson Agholor

12 - Theo Riddick

13 - Kenny Golladay

14 - Chicago DST

15 - Jake Elliott

16 - Austin Ekeler

QB - Philip Rivers

RB1 - Leveon Bell

RB2 - Lamar Miller

WR1 - AJ Green

WR2 - Doug Baldwin

WR3 - Alshon Jeffery

TE - Kyle Rudolph

Flex - Tarik Cohen

K - Jake Elliott

DST - Chicago

Bench - Nick Chubb, Allen Hurns, Nelson Agholor, Theo Riddick, Kenny Golladay, Austin Ekeler

That team looks solid.

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

I think the oppositte. I have one league with huge benches and I juet stash as many RBs as I can.

You can stream QBs if yours gets hurt.

I still wouldn't do it but it does make more sense.  The larger the benches the easier it is to keep a back up QB which means most teams will have one.  If most teams keep one on their roster the harder it will be to pick one up off waivers.  Regardless, I hate drafting a back up QB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I still wouldn't do it but it does make more sense.  The larger the benches the easier it is to keep a back up QB which means most teams will have one.  If most teams keep one on their roster the harder it will be to pick one up off waivers.  Regardless, I hate drafting a back up QB.

There are usually at least 10 QBs around. Find I can easily stream. I usually don't even draft a QB. This year I have Watson as a keeper though. We do 20 rounds fwiw.

Posted (edited)

12 Team

1.09- RB- Fournette- trending upward to rebounding after injury filled rookie year and just upgraded G play on the O'line

2.04- WR- M Thomas- TDs weren't there in '17.  Saints will be in more shootouts

3.09- RB- Mixon- Hill gone and improvement on offensive line.  Due for a ton of volume

4.04- WR- A Cooper- Crabtree gone and has a ton of targets coming to him, Olson in to help Carr, defense should create more shootouts

5.09- RB- Guice- Him or Michel but I think he'll get more volume

6.04- WR- S Watkins- Never meshed well with Goff, could be moving onto best QB he's ever had and is deep thrower in a good offense

7.09- WR- Kupp- Developed great chemistry with Goff in a McVay offense

8.04- QB- Mariota- Potential top 5 QB I'm reaching for with new scheme/coaching staff coming in

9.09- TE- Z Burton- Getting starting opportunity with coaching scheme that made Kelce a top 3 TE

10.04- WR- Golladay- Excited to see his role expand in '18.  

11.09- QB- Mahomes- Has a great coaching staff to make him succeed

12.04- RB- Breida- Biggest RB value of any draft.  No way McKinnon stays healthy all year and Shanahan loves this guy

13.09- DEF- Ravens- Very talented and vs Bills week 1

14.04- TE- Hooper- Nigel Bradham out Week 1 and more seasoned to become #2 in targets on ATL

15.09- K- Succop- Matt LaFleur makes kickers fantasy gold  (Bryant '16, Zurlein '17)

16.04- DEF- Bears- Very talented defense, could be looking at '10-like Bears D

QB- Mariota

RB- Fournette

RB- Mixon

WR- M Thomas

WR- A Cooper

WR- Watkins

TE- Burton

K- Succop

DEF- Ravens

Flex- Guice

B- Mahomes

RB- Breida

WR- Kupp

WR- Golladay

TE- Hooper

DEF- Bears

Edited by jvmillion83
  • Like 2

On 6/30/2018 at 1:00 PM, Axe Elf said:

There is already a thread for Axe Elf drafted teams, over in the Assistant Coach forum.

Love the Kicker pick in the 9th, though!

Probably why you went 0-54

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2018 at 10:07 PM, jvmillion83 said:

12 Team

1.09- RB- Fournette- trending upward to rebounding after injury filled rookie year and just upgraded G play on the O'line

3.09- RB- Mixon- Hill gone and improvement on offensive line.  Due for a ton of volume

4.04- WR- A Cooper- Crabtree gone and has a ton of targets coming to him, Olson in to help Carr, defense should create more shootouts

6.04- WR- S Watkins- Never meshed well with Goff, could be moving onto best QB he's ever had and is deep thrower in a good offense

8.04- QB- Mariota- Potential top 5 QB I'm reaching for with new scheme/coaching staff coming in

9.09- TE- Z Burton- Getting starting opportunity with coaching scheme that made Kelce a top 3 TE

12.04- RB- Breida- Biggest RB value of any draft.  No way McKinnon stays healthy all year and Shanahan loves this guy

14.04- TE- Hooper- Nigel Bradham out Week 1 and more seasoned to become #2 in targets on ATL

15.09- K- Succop- Matt LaFleur makes kickers fantasy gold  (Bryant '16, Zurlein '17)

QB- Mariota

RB- Fournette

RB- Mixon

WR- M Thomas

WR- A Cooper

WR- Watkins

TE- Burton

K- Succop

DEF- Ravens

Flex- Guice

B- Mahomes

RB- Breida

WR- Kupp

WR- Golladay

TE- Hooper

DEF- Bears

What kind of league are you in where you'd want a backup QB, TE and defense?

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What kind of league are you in where you'd want a backup QB, TE and defense?

I can see grabbing two if they're both sleeper types.

1 minute ago, dogfightgiggle said:

I can see grabbing two if they're both sleeper types.

If that roster is for a redraft league then that was one of the worst strategies I've ever seen.  That's what auto drafts look like.  Half of the bench is being used by players that have next to zero value.  Those are valuable spots for keeping RBs and WRs and now there is an extra 3 players sitting on waivers that could have a great game and get picked up by someone else.  I can kind of understand the QB and TE picks but a second D is just foolish.

Only having one RB on your bench is a league that starts 2 is a bad idea.  His starters are injury prone and his only back up is a guy that should be stashed on benches, not your first replacement player.

• Like 1

12 team 6 spot

ESPN ADP +/- 2 spots

Kamara

D.Freeman

J.Gordon

D.Watson

M.Jones

B.Cooks

K.Rudolph

T.Cohen

C.Thompson

N.Agolor

K.Cole

QB: Watson

RB: Kamara

RB: Freeman

WR: Gordon

WR: M.Jones

WR:Brandin Cooks

TE: Rudolph

Flex: T.Cohen

K: whatever

Def: Bears

Bench: C.Thompson, N.Agolor, K.Cole, some others 

Its a start

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

10 spot..12 tm ppr. 

Odb.

Keenan.

Ertz.

Flash.

Rolls Royce./Michel/rojo

Lamar.

Cam.

Hogan.

Rex

Whoever else.

Ship.;)

Edited by Whitecloud0101

2 hours ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

10 spot..12 tm ppr. 

Odb.

Keenan.

Ertz.

Flash.

Rolls Royce./Michel/rojo

Lamar.

Cam.

Hogan.

Rex

Whoever else.

Ship.;)

Where are you getting ADP that has Lamar Miller available at 6.02??

10 spot..12 tm ppr. 

Odb.

Keenan.

Ertz.

Flash.

Rolls Royce./Michel/rojo

Lamar.

Cam.

Hogan.

Rex

Whoever else.

Ship.;)

That's how you win your league!

My dream for 12 team ppr from 12 spot using ESPN ADP (Never went more than two spots late) 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 flex, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K

1.12 - Julio Jones / Odell Beckham

2.1 - Dalvin Cook / Leonard Fournette

3.12 - Zach Ertz

4.1 - Stefon Diggs / Larry Fitz

5.12 - Cam Newton

6.1 - Lamar Miller

7.12-  Randall Cobb / Devante Parker

8.1 - Marlon Mack

9.12 - D'onta Foreman

10.1 - Aron Jones

11.12 - D.J. Moore

12.1 - Giovani Bernard

13.12- Kenneth Dixon

14.1 - Greg Zeurlein

15.12 - Kalen Ballage

6.1 - Stream Defense

QB - Newton

RB- Cook, Miller, Mack, Foreman, Jones, Bernard, Dixon, Ballage

WR- Jones, Diggs, Parker, Moore

TE - Ertz

DEF- Stream

K - Zeurlein

7 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If that roster is for a redraft league then that was one of the worst strategies I've ever seen.  That's what auto drafts look like.  Half of the bench is being used by players that have next to zero value.  Those are valuable spots for keeping RBs and WRs and now there is an extra 3 players sitting on waivers that could have a great game and get picked up by someone else.  I can kind of understand the QB and TE picks but a second D is just foolish.

Only having one RB on your bench is a league that starts 2 is a bad idea.  His starters are injury prone and his only back up is a guy that should be stashed on benches, not your first replacement player.

Both QBs have tremendous upside with excellent offensive coaching.  Both TEs are value picks and are due for increase in targets this year.  Ravens play the Bills Week 1 and Chicago home to Seattle Week 2 (Yeah Seattle is going to suck this year)

RB is one of the most volatile positions.  

But yeah one of the "worst strategies you've ever seen" has led me to cash in many leagues in the past few decades

2 hours ago, Experienced Rookie said:

Where are you getting ADP that has Lamar Miller available at 6.02??

Early drafts. And he's still going late.

Any other questions?

Lamar miller was 8th in my 12 team dynasty and went 7th round in my 10 team best ball leagues so....math

Early drafts. And he's still going late.

Any other questions?

His ADP is 4.06 on FFC. I still think that's a bargain. 

If I can draft on a platform that ranks him in the 60+ overall range...that's where I want to draft my leagues this year. 

16 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

His ADP is 4.06 on FFC. I still think that's a bargain. 

If I can draft on a platform that ranks him in the 60+ overall range...that's where I want to draft my leagues this year. 

Where do u draft. I probably wouldn't touch him @4.6

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Miller has to be at LEAST 5th. I want to see a money league where he went earlier 

Edited by bhawks489

17 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

3 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Miller has to be at LEAST 5th. I want to hear a money league where he went earlier 

He's at 5.06 in ppr

22 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

So far this year it's only been at Fanball. Doing the MFL10s on there. 

I guess when August rolls around, I'll be in a lot of Yahoo and ESPN redrafts. 

Ill absolutely take Miller in the back half of the 4th round. Dude is totally undervalued. Houston could be a top 5 offense this year, and Miller can play all 3 downs. 

1 hour ago, RMJ_12 said:

He's at 5.06 in ppr

Saaaaaaaafe!!

I've just been adding in what I experienced 

13 hours ago, jvmillion83 said:

Both QBs have tremendous upside with excellent offensive coaching.  Both TEs are value picks and are due for increase in targets this year.  Ravens play the Bills Week 1 and Chicago home to Seattle Week 2 (Yeah Seattle is going to suck this year)

RB is one of the most volatile positions.  

But yeah one of the "worst strategies you've ever seen" has led me to cash in many leagues in the past few decades

I'm assuming you cashed in many leagues because you do w good job of managing your team throughout the year, and some luck of course.  I doubt it was because of your draft.

Since in-season management is the biggest reason a person is successful is way just about any draft strategy can work.  I won't deny that but there are strategies that work better than others and can make in-season management much easier.

You admit that RB is the most volatile positions and you would be correct.  Wouldn't it make more sense to have more RBs on your roster so you might get lucky and have one of those breakout guys already instead of fighting others to get him off waivers?  You have three RBs in a league where you have to start two and can start a third.  This is a terrible strategy.

QBs are the easiest position to replace in fantasy football, other than defense and kicker.  It makes little sense to draft two.  Having two on the roster during the season is a good strategy but drafting them isn't all that great of an idea.  It works for some and a lot of people do it but it's a bit of a wasted draft pick.

I can see drafting two TEs because that position is pretty thin and somewhat volatile.  It can be hard to pick up a decent TE on waivers.  I've found that if you don't draft one of the top 3 or 4 TEs then all the rest of the guys score similar to each other so why waste a roster spot on another TE.

You're going to have a tough time convincing any fantasy football person that drafting two defenses is a good idea.  The only thing worse than that idea is drafting a second kicker.

When you get into about the 3rd or 4th week of football what happens?  We see injuries and get a better idea of what players are actually getting the most playing time.  We also get to bye weeks.  It's at this point where people are dropping and picking up players at a fast rate in order to get those upcoming players and drop dead weight on their rosters.  When WRs and especially RBs are hard to come by and you need to add one, what would be the first players on your roster you would drop?  Your back up QB and TE, or in your case that waste of a bench spot defense.  During the bye weeks there are always going to be some teams struggling with injuries or poor play and will be picking up as many RBs and WRs as they can.  This is when QBs get dropped and it's when you can take advantage and scoop them up.  Desperate teams will make desperate moves and create opportunities for you on the waiver wire.

I think of your team as the one that has to panic during the season to find RB and WR help.  Others will be able to scoop up your QB, TE or D when they need them.  This, of course, is no guarantee and your strategy can work.  I'm just playing the odds and I don't like yours with that team.  I'd rather not put myself in that position.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:07 PM, jvmillion83 said:

12 Team

QB- Mariota

RB- Fournette

RB- Mixon

WR- M Thomas

WR- A Cooper

WR- Watkins

TE- Burton

K- Succop

DEF- Ravens

Flex- Guice

B- Mahomes

RB- Breida

WR- Kupp

WR- Golladay

TE- Hooper

DEF- Bears

1. Fournette was always hurt in college.

2. Saints have a top 10 defense and run the ball.  Brees had his most efficient season last year, because of the running game.  This is smoke.

3. Mixon should be gone before the 3rd round.  Total breakout stud this year.

4. Cooper is a slot receiver who can't score TDs (short and can't jump).  Jordy Nelson and Martavis Bryant are TD magnets.

5. Guice:  Jay Gruden's running game has always sucked.  Let's blame all of his RBs?  Only QB who throws to his TE more than Cousins......Alex Smith (and Brady).

6. Watkins had 8TDs last year.  He was tied for 8th most in the NFL.  KC has new OC, a new QB, and a HC who likes running the ball.

7. I'd rather have Woods.  Last year, I did have Woods.  Saw he was leading the team in targets, then picked him up and started him for 40 points.  That was awesome. 

8. Goff was #10 QB last year.  That's your baseline.

9. Burton is no Kelce.  Running the same routes, yes, but still not Kelce.

10.  Stafford's #4 target after his RB.

11. Nagy moved to Chicago.  Andy Reid likes RBs.

12.  Shanahan likes Joe Williams.  Could go either way.

13. Ravens DC retired, then took a job in TEN when they offered his son a job too.

14. Steve Sarkisian sucks.  They also drafted the best WR in the class.