RedDogNamedClippers

Kristaps Porzingis 2018-2019 Season Outlook

So... where do we draft/stash this guy?

Regarding Porzingis' return to the court, Mills said the Knicks would have a more definitive timetable in September, adding that he expects Porzingis to play next year, but didn't explicitly rule out the possibility of him sitting out the entire season.”

So do we stash at round 4 or is he too risky to stash? Me personally I think wherever Cousins gets drafted, he should be the next big drafted off the board. However, sitting out the entire season is not a good thing to hear so far.

I think the best case scenario is he'll play after the ASB. But I don't think he's going to play at all next season. 

It's a bummer too because it's already hard enough to find consistent blocks. 

22 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I think the best case scenario is he'll play after the ASB. But I don't think he's going to play at all next season. 

It's a bummer too because it's already hard enough to find consistent blocks. 

If he misses the entire season it is kind of a shame. I think I read he is either on or ahead of schedule. If that continues and he sits for the season it is just a tank job and for the first time ever I will say that NY deserves better than that. 

1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

So... where do we draft/stash this guy?

Regarding Porzingis' return to the court, Mills said the Knicks would have a more definitive timetable in September, adding that he expects Porzingis to play next year, but didn't explicitly rule out the possibility of him sitting out the entire season.”

So do we stash at round 4 or is he too risky to stash? Me personally I think wherever Cousins gets drafted, he should be the next big drafted off the board. However, sitting out the entire season is not a good thing to hear so far.

Round 4, without a clear timeline, is way too early. If you are that concerned about blocks I would suggest you "reach" for blocks in the first couple rounds. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thezing1 said:

If he misses the entire season it is kind of a shame. I think I read he is either on or ahead of schedule. If that continues and he sits for the season it is just a tank job and for the first time ever I will say that NY deserves better than that. 

Round 4, without a clear timeline, is way too early. If you are that concerned about blocks I would suggest you "reach" for blocks in the first couple rounds. 

So where would you draft Cousins? Both of these guys who are when ready, can give you 1st round potential or win you the ship.

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers

16 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

So where would you draft Cousins? Both of these guys who are when ready, can give you 1st round potential or win you the ship.

He'll come back in December and not be fully recovered from an Achilles injury? Call me next offseason, he's DND for now. 

I think KP will play a bit next season for conditioning/testing his knee. You have to continually strengthen and build up your knee again after an ACL surgery. Sometimes there isn't anything left than game situations. Also, you may want to "test it out" in a game to really make sure the surgery fixed everything. That is what I think about my own ACL comeback anyways.

On 6/30/2018 at 3:02 PM, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Let's start with 1st round potential....KP isn't giving you first round numbers if you are breaking them down per game. I am a really big fan of KP, but he has significant holes in his fantasy game so he needs to fit a build. He might be as valuable as a 1st rounder on some builds, but his game isn't in that top 10 range yet. And I don't know if it will be until the Knicks improve their roster around him. In terms of championships, they aren't won by drafting an injured player in the early/mid rounds and having them come back to perform at expectation. They are won by making more good picks than bad picks on draft night and being oportunistic with moves over the course of a season and setting your lineup appropriately. One pick does not win or lose a championship. 

Too risky to draft unless you get him in like the 10th or 11th round and have more than 1 IR spot. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CanadianSportsJunkie said:

Keeper/Dynasty value? 

Still really high value. In a dynasty draft I'd gladly take him late 2nd-3rd round. He can even contribute this year too come playoff time if you get there. 

20 hours ago, CanadianSportsJunkie said:

Keeper/Dynasty value? 

In a dynasty setting he isn't lasting to the 3rd round unless you play in 8 man leagues. He just turned 23. He has his entire prime in front of him. He is a shot blocker that hits free throws. His value in fantasy is incredibly high. His current injury isn't a big deal. He will get past it in the very short term and keeper/dynasty formats require you to look at the long term. There really aren't many bigs that should be taken ahead of KP in dynasty/keeper and bigs should be targeted early since there are only a handful that allow you to get blocks and not sacrifice FT%.  And the wings/guards that have resided at the top of the rankings are getting to the end of their primes and should be knocked down in fantasy/dynasty such as PG, KD, Dame, Westbrook, Butler, CP3, Lebron, etc. Granted, KD should age well, but I am not feeling good about how many prime years are left from some of that list. 

Dynasty I agree...Keeper is tough most leagues for me is keep 4...usually losing a good player this season for an IR spot. Guess it depends if your competing or not 

14 minutes ago, CanadianSportsJunkie said:

Dynasty I agree...Keeper is tough most leagues for me is keep 4...usually losing a good player this season for an IR spot. Guess it depends if your competing or not 

Keeper should still be about assembling the strongest core of players that compliment one another and share as large of a window of prime as possible. I suppose it comes down to how highly you rank Porzingis. IMO, he is a proven (skill/performce) top 20 player with the upside to be a top 8-10 player. That type of player should not get knocked down in a keeper format more than a couple of spots on a ranking sheet. And the drop in ranking should be based on a preference of how a team wants to go about building (eliminating injury risk, etc.)....If you could get a 18-20 ranked player with the ability to be ranked single digits AND he was 23 I think that is a pretty overwhelming case to draft him in the top 20 of dynasty and keeper. That said, I understand your point about wanting to put forward the most competitive team in year 1. 

So...with most drafts already underway, how late in the drafts has he been going?

Especially if you don't have an IR spot.

I am hoping for a Christmas return, but who knows with how the Knicks are running things.

he’s sitting on my wire and i’m not touching until i get some definitive news 

acl recovery is no joke and i feel like he might sit the year 

Not sure how to approach this guy in a keeper league. He will be cheap to purchase this year in auction and snake drafts.

On 2018-10-11 at 12:03 AM, scienze said:

he’s sitting on my wire and i’m not touching until i get some definitive news 

acl recovery is no joke and i feel like he might sit the year 

i don't think he touches the court. He's the franchise player on a pretty crappy squad - no need to rush back

I have a hard time thinking he won’t play this year. He’s already around 8 months since surgery and ACL is usually 9-12 months but with pro docs and rehab you gotta think closer to the 9 months right? Thinking of stashing him in my IR

How long you guys think he’ll be out? December? 

43 minutes ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

I wouldn't rule out the whole year. Even if he comes back it'll likely be post-ASB, and HEAVILY monitored.

4 hours ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

I'd say better than 80% chance he sits out the year. If he does come back it will be limited to <15 mins sitting out back to backs making him almost unrosterable. Better stashes out there.

If you have an injury spot free, doesn’t hurt to stash but if anyone on your team gets injured...cut immediately