RedDogNamedClippers

Kristaps Porzingis 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, kane said:

 

 

 

 

Holy shi*. This is from last night. Porzingis is saying "one more night" in that gif. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holding Porzingis in 2 keepers.

I was jumping in joy after I heard this trade.

 

Dallas is a way better landing spot for the unicorn. he has Doncic + Carlisle + and the Dallas medical staff to back him up.

 

That's 3 yeses for me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I doubt he plays this season.  Dallas is in 12th place in the WC.  Nothing in this deal shifts their focus on working for a high draft pick this season. No reason to risk his recovery in a battle for the 8th seed only to play the Warriors.

 

 

They don't own their pick, it's top 5 protected to Atlanta. 

 

If the reason KP wanted out from NY was because he was healthy and they weren't letting him play then I think Dallas will 100% let him suit up. 

 

Big if, but no harm taking a flier to see what happens next.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

 

They don't own their pick, it's top 5 protected to Atlanta. 

 

If the reason KP wanted out from NY was because he was healthy and they weren't letting him play then I think Dallas will 100% let him suit up. 

 

Big if, but no harm taking a flier to see what happens next.

 

Yep, exactly this.   

 

I have AD in my IR slot.. and if he doesn't get moved by deadline and gets shut down.  Porzingis is my only long shot for any chance of winning anything.  Worth a drop of Tyreke to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, drummerboy7816 said:

 

Yep, exactly this.   

 

I have AD in my IR slot.. and if he doesn't get moved by deadline and gets shut down.  Porzingis is my only long shot for any chance of winning anything.  Worth a drop of Tyreke to me.  

You know Porzingis is not playing this season right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

 

^^^^^ This.  While ACL repairs have become more common place with elite athletes, there are still issues with extremely tall athletes.  Normally, they can come back to play but it isn't until the following season they return to a level close to their previous level, if they return to that level at all.  I have seen soccer players who never quite return to their original level of explosiveness.  Then you have guys like Robbie Hummel in basketball.

 

3 hours ago, Kicker said:

Its very tough injury,10+ years ago basically a potential carreer ending.

I didnt really heard someone missing only 6 months,maybe in a case of partial torn but fully torn acl is min 1 year.

 

With Porzingis is obviously more complicated because this injury has more chances to happen again to freakishly tall players like him and its

easier to handle if injured player is someone bulkier (like pj tucker idk)

 

3 hours ago, Chrizz said:

He suffered the torn ACL almost exactly one year ago. Does anyone know why it takes that long for bball players to recover from that kind of injury? Soccer players are back way sooner. some players dont even need 6 months to be back on the field...

 

 

He wanted to play and management wanted to tank. He’s been ready & wants to secure the bag he had to show people he is still available but knicks want him to sit which is telling Porzingis he can’t play to boost his value. He most likely went into the office and cursed em out in Latvian , knicks have been a crap show since the Latrell days to star bury and Isaiah Thomas as the coach of the knicks. Every year knicks fans blow up my feed talking about how their team sucks. Enjoy the show

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knicks are one of the dumbest franchises in sports and have no one to blame but themselves.

 

If a veteran is coming back sure maybe you can justify sitting them. However, what kind of organization shuts down a 23 year old to tank (other than Philly) Porzingis probably wanted to come back and show he’s good to go, further develop his game, and earn his money. It’s one thing if you ask a player to sit out and he agrees. It’s completely another if that player is constantly pushing to get into the game but you won’t let him because you want a pick. So congrats to the Knicks for getting what they wanted which is a higher chance at Zion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“The truth will come out :)”  from Porzingis’ instagram story

 

maybe that’s why he requested a trade, coz he is healthy, as what ☝🏼 eltoro said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh come on now. Zingis was coming off of a major knee injury and coming back to a joke of a team. Can anyone really blame the Knicks for not wanting him to play this year? PAll teams handle there young stars essentially like this now and it’s silly to think any diff. F the article posted in this thread. Of course the Knicks want to tank for Zion. Heck the Sixers sat Sinmons for a year and Embiid for like two years and we heard zero from those guys ever. Zingis’s damn brother got in his ear from the start here and ruined his soul. I don’t hate anything the Knicks did hear for Zingis. I was hoping he wouldn’t play st all this year and come back stronger than ever next season. If he wasn’t on board screw him. He developed a big damn head cause of his bro (agent) and because of what?? A solid 30 game run for his career where he played like a star. If anyone does get the Knicks hesitancy for not wanting to play him this year than I don’t know what to tell you. He turned into a damn primadona and just didn’t have the resume to even approach that status yet.  

Edited by chud12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Oh come on now. Zingis was coming off of a major knee injury and coming back to a joke of a team. Can anyone really blame the Knicks for not wanting him to play this year? PAll teams handle there young stars essentially like this now and it’s silly to think any diff. F the article posted in this thread. Of course the Knicks want to tank for Zion. Heck the Sixers sat Sinmons for a year and Embiid for like two years and we heard zero from those guys ever. Zingis’s damn brother got in his ear from the start here and ruined his soul. I don’t hate anything the Knicks did hear for Zingis. I was hoping he wouldn’t play st all this year and come back stronger than ever next season. If he wasn’t on board screw him. He developed a big damn head cause of his bro (agent) and because of what?? A solid 30 game run for his career where he played like a star. If anyone does get the Knicks hesitancy for not wanting to play him this year than I don’t know what to tell you. He turned into a damn primadona and just didn’t have the resume to even approach that status yet.  

If he was good to go they could play him 20 mins a night and still tank. Knicks are so bad it doesn't matter. He is supposed to be your francise player, maybe you should try and keep him happy ?

But what I think really made him want to leave was the trade rumor of Knicks offering him and 1st round pick for Davis. I mean I would give Porzi and 1st for AD too if I was the GM. But not letting him play AND going public that they would try this trade is really triggering. I would request out of that place too.

Blame your horrible club management and not Kristaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, manolo_ said:

If he was good to go they could play him 20 mins a night and still tank. Knicks are so bad it doesn't matter. He is supposed to be your francise player, maybe you should try and keep him happy ?

But what I think really made him want to leave was the trade rumor of Knicks offering him and 1st round pick for Davis. I mean I would give Porzi and 1st for AD too if I was the GM. But not letting him play AND going public that they would try this trade is really triggering. I would request out of that place too.

Blame your horrible club management and not Kristaps.

 

Sounded like Zingis didn’t want to stay for a long time. From skipping out on a meeting with Phil two years ago to all the nonense he has said to the media complaining. The kid doesn’t have the resume to warrant anything he has said or done since his injury. In no way do I blame the Knicks here. Again, we never here any other young player coming off a major injury complaining about wanting to play, it’s just this kid. Where was Simmons or Embiid when the Sixers we’re tanking? Silent as eff and listening.   I don’t blame Zingis, I told you I blame his brother. Zingis’s ego became way to big and his resume doesn’t warrent it at all. 

Edited by chud12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

 

^^^^^ This.  While ACL repairs have become more common place with elite athletes, there are still issues with extremely tall athletes.  Normally, they can come back to play but it isn't until the following season they return to a level close to their previous level, if they return to that level at all.  I have seen soccer players who never quite return to their original level of explosiveness.  Then you have guys like Robbie Hummel in basketball.

 

What i've read and seen as well (living in Europe) it's that US doctors always use longer rehab timelines. In Europe players normally come back after 6 months after this kind of injuries.Even in basketball (taller athletes)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added him on my IR. I think he will return at some point this season, because Mavs don`t have a reason to tank. I agree with the guys that are saying the reason for trade request was his desire to play. I think he will be back soon and even if he plays 20-mins a game he will put nice line. If not - i lost only Dunn, who was burned on my bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, montanski said:

Added him on my IR. I think he will return at some point this season, because Mavs don`t have a reason to tank. I agree with the guys that are saying the reason for trade request was his desire to play. I think he will be back soon and even if he plays 20-mins a game he will put nice line. If not - i lost only Dunn, who was burned on my bench.

I have a feeling we might even see him tomorrow , or early next week. Limited mins ofc , but that "in two days" tweet got my hopes up :P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, manolo_ said:

I have a feeling we might even see him tomorrow , or early next week. Limited mins ofc , but that "in two days" tweet got my hopes up :P

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

 

What i've read and seen as well (living in Europe) it's that US doctors always use longer rehab timelines. In Europe players normally come back after 6 months after this kind of injuries.Even in basketball (taller athletes)

 

not like that here in Australia. Unfortunately ACL's happen too much here in Aussie Rules Football due to the nature of the game. And when it happens, it's an automatic 12 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will know soon is he cleared to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Quazza said:

 

not like that here in Australia. Unfortunately ACL's happen too much here in Aussie Rules Football due to the nature of the game. And when it happens, it's an automatic 12 months

6 months is the minimum by doctors standards. They recommend a 7-9 period of absence from competitive sports, the time it usually takes for the body to absorb the implant. With proper physiotherapy which I assume he got (he got $$) he should be ready to play at 9 months max. The extra 2 months that lead to year long absences are because many guys don't condition themselves before the 7 month. But if u want it is possible to start conditioning at 3 months.

 

PSA: My GF is an orthopedic.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its way more likely Knicks have been shopping him around and leaked some news that he was unhappy with the direction of the franchise (even if this is true, who can blame him) to make him look like the bad guy before trading him literally an hour later (???). Doesnt usually happen that quickly, all the teams Zach Lowe said that were interested in him are ones that arent usually the types to let news leak so I can imagine the Knicks have been in talks for a while and decided to ship him off now with the god awful contract for expiring deals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

I think its way more likely Knicks have been shopping him around and leaked some news that he was unhappy with the direction of the franchise (even if this is true, who can blame him) to make him look like the bad guy before trading him literally an hour later (???). Doesnt usually happen that quickly, all the teams Zach Lowe said that were interested in him are ones that arent usually the types to let news leak so I can imagine the Knicks have been in talks for a while and decided to ship him off now with the god awful contract for expiring deals. 

 

Dude this is exactly what happened. That offer from the Mavs has been on the table for months. The Knicks already fielded several offer around the league. The Knicks didn’t like what Zingis’s brother had to say in the meeting yesterday morning which was the last straw. A lot of the Knick beat writers essentially cinfirmed this late afternoon yesterday. 

Edited by chud12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Eltoro said:

 

They don't own their pick, it's top 5 protected to Atlanta. 

 

If the reason KP wanted out from NY was because he was healthy and they weren't letting him play then I think Dallas will 100% let him suit up. 

 

Big if, but no harm taking a flier to see what happens next.

 

I didn't realize that.  Yeah, no way their pick will be in the top 5 then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.