• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
My Dinner With Andre

Willians Astudillo 2018 Outlook

Flyball hitters with that kind of contact don't grow on trees. Carpenter / Hoskins batted ball profile with even the slightest promise of power is good enough for me at C, this year. Taking flyer.

• Like 1

Starting at 2B today ... this dude might end up a crazy swiss army knife in Yahoo leagues if they keep moving him all over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do we have the same people here as in the John Hicks thread?  I feel this guy might be the move.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mongeese said:

Do we have the same people here as in the John Hicks thread?  I feel this guy might be the move.

Yea i dropped hicks for this "chinchilla" haha why not fun story to say you have shares in

On 7/1/2018 at 7:50 PM, cs3 said:

You talking about the same Mitch Garver who has a 40 grade slapped on his hit tool, currently sports a sub-.700 OPS, is not a good defender, and has accumulated a grand total of about 0 WAR in his ~200 MLB plate appearances?

Ya, I don't think that guy is blocking anyone.

What’s WAR gottodowithit anything? 

Last 7 days batting/OBP 545/615

last 15 days batting 455/500

Last 30 days batting 340/397 

not bad numbers 

Garver’s OPS is higher than Salvador Perez 

20 hours ago, B&F said:

I would rather take a chance on Garver than Astudillo.  Garver's defense isn't good but Astudilo's isn't any better.    If the Twins thought he could catch they wouldn't have been playing him at 3B and OF for 17 games at Rochester.

I do NOT want my waivers catcher catching.  I want him playing every single day collecting stats for me.  He is starting at 2B today.  He will soon be a Swiss army knife of positions with the Catcher bottle opener bonus thrown in.  Sweet.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I do NOT want my waivers catcher catching.  I want him playing every single day collecting stats for me.  He is starting at 2B today.  He will soon be a Swiss army knife of positions with the Catcher bottle opener bonus thrown in.  Sweet.

Hicks is off today so darn I just added the big A ...

lets see if the plan works 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JFS179 said:

Starting at 2B today ... this dude might end up a crazy swiss army knife in Yahoo leagues if they keep moving him all over.

I'm starting to get Kingery flashbacks with a statement like this. Lol. 

25 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Yea i dropped hicks for this "chinchilla" haha why not fun story to say you have shares in

I'm carrying both in my 2-catcher league, lol. Hicks will still play more than most catchers, and I'm hoping Astud does the same. 

• Like 1

Just now, Flyman75 said:

I'm carrying both in my 2-catcher league, lol. Hicks will still play more than most catchers, and I'm hoping Astud does the same. 

Exactly thats why i had hicks in the first place hah, but im just a one catcher 12 teamer so carrying two is moot for me

hoping for the yadi/mauer type years with the little power say 10 hrs but with amazing batting avg boost, counting stats cant really predict but playing regularly for the most part will help that where full time catchers wouldnt get the volume

fingers crossed

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Hicks is off today so darn I just added the big A ...

lets see if the plan works 

It will ... until it won't (worse case).  He is a free pick-up out of nowhere so it is all good.

• Like 1

6 sb's for the 5'9 225 lber in AAA this year, I might have to add him, hopefully Reds sit Barnahrt today and I find out before Twins game starts or maybe I just go with this possible gem anyways.

55 minutes ago, Lebanasty said:

ZNQgixq.jpg

What else is there to know? Tortuga? I'm in.

STUD

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Lebanasty said:

ZNQgixq.jpg

Now can you imagine how good he could be if he cut weight and if he gained some speed? I'll bet you anything his weight is what's been keeping teams skeptical about him. Because if he was a threat on the base paths with his ability to hit the ball, we'd be talking about a legit superstar here. 

5 minutes ago, thecomebackkid907 said:

Now can you imagine how good he could be if he cut weight and if he gained some speed? I'll bet you anything his weight is what's been keeping teams skeptical about him. Because if he was a threat on the base paths with his ability to hit the ball, we'd be talking about a legit superstar here. 

C'mon man its 2018, stop body shaming big guys!!!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, collucho said:

C'mon man its 2018, stop body shaming big guys!!!

Lmao I could care less about how he looks, it's just a fact of physics 😂

1 hour ago, Lebanasty said:

ZNQgixq.jpg

Loves to eat pasta, huh? Now that's a shocking disclosure. Lol. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Loves to eat pasta, huh? Now that's a shocking disclosure. Lol. 

In fact he’s got a mouthful of pasta at this very moment 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, thecomebackkid907 said:

Why?  It worked for another great hitter.  Bartolo Colon.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, thecomebackkid907 said:

Now can you imagine how good he could be if he cut put on weight and if he gained some speed power? I'll bet you anything his weight power is what's been keeping teams skeptical about him. Because if he was a long ball threat on the base paths with his ability to hit the ball, we'd be talking about a legit superstar here. 

Fixed it for you ;)

• Like 3

I want to grab this dude now, but my rookie waiver this month passed on the 1st. I am certainly interested for the last rookie waiver of the year. 76k's in 2155 AB's and you have piqued my interest. He is certainly worth having around as a backup for cheap.

4 hours ago, bdy1 said:

Fixed it for you ;)

I guess... since power is so sought after in fantasy baseball lol 

The thing is, I don't think he'll ever have power by hitting the way he does with the approach from the plate he has. He'd be better off losing weight, gaining speed, focusing on fielding and just overall modeling his game similar to Ichiro. That is, if he wants to take his game to the next level.