The 7th Beatles

Paul George 2018-2019 Season Outlook

3 hours ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Surprising. I guess he settles in as a solid second rounder again next season, as OKC has an insane amount of salary on the books and the only questions marks were him, Jerami Grant and Melo, all returning next year.

• Like 1

Roberson being back helps his stls numbers a lot. If Melo is bought out, he could surpas his normal 12-14 ranking.

3 hours ago, Nene said:

Roberson being back helps his stls numbers a lot. If Melo is bought out, he could surpas his normal 12-14 ranking.

Yeah, Roberson playing great defense and taking about 0 shots could improve his numbers, but might actually take a minute or 2 away from him, so I'd guess it's a wash. PG has some crazy cold streaks but for roto leagues, I think his numbers look extremely safe. 

Weird. Wasn't the narrative going back to the day of the initial trade that, barring like an NBA Finals / Championship run or something, there was 0% chance PG would re-sign with OKC?

Something must’ve happened at the party. How do you want to return to a team that got knocked out by Utah, with it’s leading scorer being a Rookie. 

9 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Something must’ve happened at the party. How do you want to return to a team that got knocked out by Utah, with it’s leading scorer being a Rookie. 

At the party?  That was set up for him to announce..... From reports, he and OKC have known for a few weeks.  Maybe he doesn't want to play with Lebron.  Maybe he doesn't trust the Lakers front office.  Maybe he's just a glutton for punishment.... :lol:

2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Yeah, Roberson playing great defense and taking about 0 shots could improve his numbers, but might actually take a minute or 2 away from him, so I'd guess it's a wash. PG has some crazy cold streaks but for roto leagues, I think his numbers look extremely safe. 

PGs steals numbers WITH Roberson are much much better than without him iirc.

8 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Mitchell is no ordinary rookie obviously

I don't understand why anyone would want to play with Russ. That being said, in fantasy I like his value a lot. People will shy away because he's the number two option, but with Roberson back he's going to be a monster. 

22 minutes ago, Saucy said:

I don't understand why anyone would want to play with Russ.

Russ is good at basketball, despite what ESPN has told you.

• Like 1

NBA stars all talk to each other or through their agents so it is likely PG13 knew LeBron was heading to LAL.  PG13 is not someone who likes pressure.  Playing in LA with LeBron would set him up to be the scapegoat if they didn't win.  LeBron puts up close to a triple double every game.  All PG13 needs to do is throw up a few brick city games at the wrong time and the pressure would be on.  Staying in OKC lets him do his thing, make a lot of money and fly under the radar.  If OKC loses, it is RWB's or Carmelo's fault.

He can fly home whenever wants or invite the posse to OKC for a cookout.  He will roll into LA when LeBron hangs up his sneakers.

Edited by mbroo5880i

Fantasy wise, solid second rounder. I'd go late 2nd since I think a lot of folks might jump over him this season. With a couple of big men gaining value due to either player movement or more experience (Embiid, Aldridge, Love etc.), would be more likely to go for them over a wing.

Real basketball wise though, oh god, that move makes no sense. I mean, he does know that he has no chance of winning a title in OKC, right? OKC couldn't get past Utah, so expecting them to be any challenge to the Warriors or even the Rockets or new Lakers is silly tbh. And he must remember how his dream was to be a Laker, right? And OKC isn't event a good marketing opportunity.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Apollo_87 said:

Fantasy wise, solid second rounder. I'd go late 2nd since I think a lot of folks might jump over him this season. With a couple of big men gaining value due to either player movement or more experience (Embiid, Aldridge, Love etc.), would be more likely to go for them over a wing.

Real basketball wise though, oh god, that move makes no sense. I mean, he does know that he has no chance of winning a title in OKC, right? OKC couldn't get past Utah, so expecting them to be any challenge to the Warriors or even the Rockets or new Lakers is silly tbh. And he must remember how his dream was to be a Laker, right? And OKC isn't event a good marketing opportunity.

Aldrigde just had the best season in his career and was 18th. With others around him improving and him REALLY getting up there in age, I dont see LMA making another jump. I've got him around 20. Paul George has been a steady top 13 players over the past years, with only last year a #16 rank. If Melo's stretched (which I think will happen), PG should be around #12-#13 again.

10 hours ago, Letitbe793 said:

criminally under ranked on ESPN

Shhhh :) 

we hope it stays that way :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

Benched Osman and Covington to preserve my FG% but PG was like ”Hold My beer” and shat all over me anyway  lol

its bc you benched the lord. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, pdids911 said:

its bc you benched the lord. 

Lol so true. 

Are you guys always punting FG with this dude or are there any other straight up punt assist owners here?

• Like 1