The 7th Beatles

Paul George 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Just been hard to watch PG13 all season with or without Russ I've been trying to see why his FG% is so horrible and I've noticed this year it's hard  for him to score when his only offensive game is pull up jumpers. If his jumper isn't going he's jacking up shots all night regardless and its frustrating to watch. I like his defense but he just doesn't have a lot of ways to score... driving for the easy layup or above the rim abilities are gone for some reason maybe because his previous injuries but every game it's been the same maybe this is just his evolution to stay on the floor.

10 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

driving for the easy layup or above the rim abilities are gone for some reason maybe because his previous injuries but every game it's been the same maybe this is just his evolution to stay on the floor.

He already stated that he's dealing with a dead foot nerve issue and plans to play through it. No mystery.

I’ve been trying to trade him but not getting much value in return so I will hold strong. I’m a bit worried long term.

5 hours ago, dragonballz said:

Well thats concerning, at least he hasn't missed any games yet and averaging 35mins +. 

They mentioned in the game that he doesn't want to miss games for it, however it does effect him and gets worse as the game progresses. It effects his explosiveness and shot and may take a few months to correct...

PG owners, what would it take for you to sell him in terms of round values? I'm nervous about the foot but I like PG

Also: 

Caris Levert + ___ rounder for Paul George?

1 hour ago, Eltoro said:

PG owners, what would it take for you to sell him in terms of round values? I'm nervous about the foot but I like PG

Also: 

Caris Levert + ___ rounder for Paul George?

3rd. you have to overpay if you wanna free up a roster spot too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would yall trade Paul george for something like Draymond and either Rubio/Horford/Hardaway? Really hate his FG so far and his potential shelf life.

5 minutes ago, Kobe824 said:

Would yall trade Paul george for something like Draymond and either Rubio/Horford/Hardaway? Really hate his FG so far and his potential shelf life.

Nicely put, f--- NO. His FG% is something you should have known could be volatile at times when drafting him. He will be fine imo... If this foot thing was truly an issue, he would be grabbing some DNPs already. The Thunder are going to be clawing and fighting for a playoff spot/playoff positioning all year. PG13 has the green light and is firing away so far from deep this year too. The FG% will regress towards the mean of his career avg of 43ish%.

• Like 1

Pg is a bit of an enigma atm. Was poised for a big year with melo leaving but hasn't seemed to have hit his stride yet. Is he worth targeting? The owner in my league is shopping him and is wanting my capela back in the deal. Just can't make mind up on him. 

Um am I missing something. PG is averaging about 23 points per with 7 boards, 4 dimes, 2.5 steals, almost a block per and 3 threes per. Yea his percentages haven’t been great so far but he’s having a huge year so far. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Um am I missing something. PG is averaging about 23 points per with 7 boards, 4 dimes, 2.5 steals, almost a block per and 3 threes per. Yea his percentages haven’t been great so far but he’s having a huge year so far. 

Exactly, and with Westbrook back his FG% has been .500 or over in more games than not. The problem is when his shot is off, it's really off. He's basically doing everything we expected him to do for good (pts, reb, ast, 3pm, stl, blk) and bad (FG% is still and will always be volatile).

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rook said:

Pg is a bit of an enigma atm. Was poised for a big year with melo leaving but hasn't seemed to have hit his stride yet. Is he worth targeting? The owner in my league is shopping him and is wanting my capela back in the deal. Just can't make mind up on him. 

Wrong forum

I'm surprised to see the negative comments. I took him 2.1 (11th overall) and haven't regretted it so far (aside from knowing I could have taken Simmons or Embiid...)

I dig his well-rounded game. He has been helpful. he is ranked 26th on ESPN's basketball player rater, ahead of guys like Towns, Drummond, Wall, and Simmons. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

I'm surprised to see the negative comments. I took him 2.1 (11th overall) and haven't regretted it so far (aside from knowing I could have taken Simmons or Embiid...)

I dig his well-rounded game. He has been helpful. he is ranked 26th on ESPN's basketball player rater, ahead of guys like Towns, Drummond, Wall, and Simmons. 

Good points. I will say I think the disappointment comes from people expecting him to be a borderline first round value who came at a relative discount. I think he can still be that. We are not even 10 games into an 82 game season. Yeah his start is not ideal but, as you point out, he has still been solid and not far from his second round draft cost.

Edited by Ace_King