GC Tacos

July Closer Thread 2018

2 hours ago, paintingtheblack said:

SirAnthony, he's the best and most reliable arm. 

Exactly. Seranthony is going to pick up some saves, but even when he's playing fireman in other innings he's going to offer great ratios. Just accept the Philadelphia situation for what it is and you'll be happy. 

12 minutes ago, En Votto Veritas said:

Don't look now but Vazquez is throwing straight filth. Last month: 13.2 IP, 8 SV, 1.32 ER, 1.02 WHIP, 25 K. Gross. 

11 straight without surrendering a run.  #3 on the ESPN player rater over the past 30 days (not including starters or, for some reason Lou Trivino) and #2 over the past 15.  #1 in Ks over the past 30 and 15 as well.  Not all "buy-low" opportunities pan out but boy has he if you managed to get him during the elbow scare or during his rough patch and month or 2 ago. He's back to being an elite closing option IMO.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

11 straight without surrendering a run.  #3 on the ESPN player rater over the past 30 days (not including starters or, for some reason Lou Trivino) and #2 over the past 15.  #1 in Ks over the past 30 and 15 as well.  Not all "buy-low" opportunities pan out but boy has he if you managed to get him during the elbow scare or during his rough patch and month or 2 ago. He's back to being an elite closing option IMO.

Thank God. Because he was pissing me off with those brutal INF ERA and INF WHIP outings.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Bingo. I bought waaayyy back, maybe second month. Vazquez is another great example of why looking short term is a terrible fantasy baseball strategy.

4 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Thank God. Because he was pissing me off with those brutal INF ERA and INF WHIP outings.

Yeah he was straight trash for awhile.  I'm hoping there's data to support this new trend as sustainable, but I'm enjoying the ride for now regardless.

2 minutes ago, En Votto Veritas said:

Bingo. I bought waaayyy back, maybe second month. Vazquez is another great example of why looking short term is a terrible fantasy baseball strategy.

I did the same for next to nothing, but it's hard to blame anyone who gave up on him.  He wasn't just bad he was a week ruiner in h2h AND he had what seemed at the time like a pretty significant elbow injury. Always gamble on talent I suppose.

Go get Herrera.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CAT said:

Go get Herrera.

Not according to RW. They want you to pick up the guy thats third in line for saves.

Thats funny Herrera was throwing like all star closer, Nats gave up assets to get him, and they think Kintzler is next. Easy add

5 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Thats funny Herrera was throwing like all star closer, Nats gave up assets to get him, and they think Kintzler is next. Easy add

They changed it to this after reading this thread: " Kelvin Herrera and Brandon Kintzler might be able to vulture some saves in the meantime."  They may want to change Kintzler to Madson in the blurb.

• Like 1

Kintzler has been good the last month or so. Since the 3 run game 6/9 (nice) conveniently now 31 days ago.

Much ado about 5 games of saves? 

Doolittle is in a walking boot. He tried to test his foot off the mound yesterday and it didn’t respond well. Will take the next few days off to let it heal

2 hours ago, En Votto Veritas said:

Don't look now but Vazquez is throwing straight filth. Last month: 13.2 IP, 8 SV, 1.32 ER, 1.02 WHIP, 25 K. Gross. 

For whatever it's worth I suspect he'll be unavailable tonight. 60 pitches over 3 consecutive appearances. Could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, cyberer said:

Much ado about 5 games of saves? 

Uh at this point of season pretty much 2/3 done someone in a do or die match where they need to win to be a contender or not will care.

1 hour ago, duke of queens said:

Not according to RW. They want you to pick up the guy thats third in line for saves.

Sometimes their blurbs really make me scratch my head.

18 minutes ago, ktierne3 said:

I can't tell if they are just trolling,  but i think they just print out rosters at beginning of year and tape them to the wall.  

1 hour ago, ktierne3 said:

Agreed...they are terrible. RW really should just stick with reporting facts in their blurbs rather than trying to speculate or offer "advice". They'd do better to employ a few posters off this forum to write their blurbs instead of lining up a group of monkeys along a row of computers...which is apparently what they've been doing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Agreed...they are terrible. RW really should just stick with reporting facts in their blurbs rather than trying to speculate or offer "advice". They'd do better to employ a few posters off this forum to write their blurbs instead of lining up a group of monkeys along a row of computers...which is apparently what they've been doing. 

972b3292c9eb9f6080bdcd68a1239f50.gif

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

972b3292c9eb9f6080bdcd68a1239f50.gif

Image result for shaq o'neal laughing gif

• Haha 2

Raisel > Allen 

• Like 1