• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
GC Tacos

July Closer Thread 2018

4 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Giles legitimately has mental health issues. I would just get rid of him. 

They're not going to just cut him, but (if he has them remaining) they could send a very clear message by optioning him to AAA.

I very much expect Luhnow is shopping for a closer, whether that be Britton or Iglesias.  Probably depends a lot on price and whether or not they're acquiring a rental or a signed guy.

• Like 4

RW saves column speculating that the reds sudden resurgence (over 500 since manager switch) makes them less likely to deal raisel given he has team control left.

heres hopin 

Felipe doing the full Kimbrel. He's looked untouchable lately.

Roto blurb saying Greene will be back Friday.

6 minutes ago, Sun Tzu said:

Wonder if this makes Rondon the guy even though he blew the save last night, or if they'll still mix and match? 

1 hour ago, JFS179 said:

They're not going to just cut him, but (if he has them remaining) they could send a very clear message by optioning him to AAA.

I very much expect Luhnow is shopping for a closer, whether that be Britton or Iglesias.  Probably depends a lot on price and whether or not they're acquiring a rental or a signed guy.

This didn't take long.  Good call

1 hour ago, JFS179 said:

Good call. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, KCTD25 said:

Wonder if this makes Rondon the guy even though he blew the save last night, or if they'll still mix and match? 

I'd guess he'll get the bulk of the opportunities for now but Houston one of the most obvious buyers for a closer before the trade deadline 

Edited by Baur10

3 minutes ago, KCTD25 said:

Hinch hasn't mixed and matched for the last month-plus. Rondon has been getting every save opp as long as he's available. Not expecting things to change, unless Astros trade for a closer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baur10 said:

I'd guess he'll get the bulk of the opportunities for now but Houston one of the most obvious buyers for a closer before the trade deadline 

True. I hadn't been following Britton lately but looks like he's starting to get back to normal. That would be an obvious fit. 

Rondon is the guy and has been pretty damn good. Even if they trade for Britton or Iglesias he very well could keep the job. Another name to add they could add that would probably be cheaper than the others is Familia. 

Britton hasn't been right for quite some time and I'm having trouble seeing how he could be considered an upgrade over Rondon. Britton's been better lately, but he's still in the "just a name" camp for me.

12 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

Britton hasn't been right for quite some time and I'm having trouble seeing how he could be considered an upgrade over Rondon. Britton's been better lately, but he's still in the "just a name" camp for me.

Besides the disaster vs the Braves he’s been pretty good

11 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

Coming off of Injury or not, Britton is 10000000% not just a name. ERA under 2 in 2014 and 2015, with 73 combined saves. THEN, 0.54 ERA and 47 saves in 2016. 

2 minutes ago, jvfantasy said:

Coming off of Injury or not, Britton is 10000000% not just a name. ERA under 2 in 2014 and 2015, with 73 combined saves. THEN, 0.54 ERA and 47 saves in 2016. 

That's ancient history in RP years and he's been through a lot physically since then. I'm not saying he can't be useful, but any team regarding him as a cure-all closer is making a mistake, IMO.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

Read some stuff just this week that Britton's starting to flash the form of old.  I don't see Houston paying the price to acquire a guy and then just sticking with Rondon, personally.  Guess it depends on who's acquired.

Shane Greene over Rondon?  No.  

Rodney?  Probably

Britton?  Definitely

Familia?  Probably

Iglesias?  Definitely

Soria?  No.

Treinen?  Absolutely

• Like 1