Sign in to follow this  
kane

Super Mario Hezonja 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Should be starting SF in NYK and will have very good fantasy value in NYK:wub:

• Like 4

One of the few moves the Knicks have made that I've actually liked (contrary to my user name, I'm actually a Knicks fan...as depressing as that has been).  In 30 starts he scored 14ppg, 5.6 rebs, 2.2 assts, 1.4 stls, 46% fg, 37% 3PM, 83% ft. Exceptionally well rounded fantasy game. I think he's going to be one of those sleepers that everyone calls a sleeper, and it drives up his price a bit. The Knicks do have a bit of a logjam on the wings right now, but I expect Lee to get dealt and there's no reason Hezonja should see less than 30 mins. I'll be targeting heavily. 

• Like 4

Agree with the above sentiments as Mario proved this season that he has a nice fantasy game when given adequate PT. 

Only worry is that there is a logjam at the SG/SF spots for the Knicks but Mario can play some stretch PF, so that will help his minutes with KP out to start the season.  Easier said then done in moving Courtney Lee's contract as he's guaranteed $25M the next 2 seasons.  Smart thing to do would be to mostly cut Lee out of the rotation as the Knicks are still in at least one more year of rebuild (due to the KP injury) and have to give PT to guys like Mudiay, Frank N, Knox, THJ and Mario.

Im really high on Hezonja this season but what happens when Porzingis returns? Will he move to the bench with Knox starting at SF and Porzingis at PF? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrizz said:

Im really high on Hezonja this season but what happens when Porzingis returns? Will he move to the bench with Knox starting at SF and Porzingis at PF? 

Knox is not better than Mario. Not even close. Knox has a few nice dunks in summer league and people are now way too high on him. Imo he wont even make all rookie team this season.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Knox is not better than Mario. Not even close. Knox has a few nice dunks in summer league and people are now way too high on him. Imo he wont even make all rookie team this season.

This post is gonna make you look very smart or vulnerable to haters in about 9 months.

• Haha 1

Hezonja or Cedi Osman?  Who has the better season?  Which is better in dynasty? I think they're both the same age and should have similar opportunities. 

I like Hezonja,  but am concerned the Knicks will, umm be the Knicks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gorgeous George said:

Hezonja or Cedi Osman?  Who has the better season?  Which is better in dynasty? I think they're both the same age and should have similar opportunities. 

I like Hezonja,  but am concerned the Knicks will, umm be the Knicks. 

It's not like the Knicks don't have competition for minutes at the wings (Mario, THJr, CLee, Knox, etc.) but I think the Cavs are a little deeper and the Nwaba signing was a bit of a buzzkill for Cedi's 18-19 outlook IMO.  Both are promising but I will be ranking Mario higher based on what he showed last season when he was starting and getting minutes in ORL, along with what I currently perceive as less competition for PT.

• Like 1

Maybe the best position for Super Mario isn't  in the wings, but as a PF.

I love to see him running the floor up and down, shoot left and right, but maybe a little less time with the ball in his hands, and dealing with slower players might be best suited for him. He played his best basketball when he was moved to power forward, last season.

Either way he's on my draft list. I like the kid.

• Like 1

As a half Croatian I’m required by law to support him but this is the first year where I actually expect him to be serviceable. Nothing great or more than a late round flier because of the competition in NYK but I agree with the poster above who said PF is the place for Hezonja, he can fill in between Knox & Kanter/Mitchell until KP comes back then back up the F spots like Beasely did last year except with 20% less (but still a lot of) crazy. I’ll def grab him in the last couple rounds if he’s there. His starter #s in ORL were sneaky good.

If Lance Thomas starts over him I’m going to be furious. 

So with no starting gig (assuming), does his late round appeal evaporate?? 

I'm itching to drop him, but not so sure what we can expect. Maybe he can bring some firepower from the second unit.... :ph34r:

Herzona should be talented enough to get playing time right? This  Knicks roster sans Porzingis is one of the worst I've ever seen. Lance Thomas!? LMAO. 

The fact that Lance Thomas still got the starting nod and a decent amount of minutes from Hezonja and Knox is just ludicrous. 

no idea why no team will give this guy a shot, even the magic who drafted him so high wouldnt like wtf dude is solid

13 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

no idea why no team will give this guy a shot, even the magic who drafted him so high wouldnt like wtf dude is solid

I think Oladipo and Elfrid.have shown the Magic aren't exactly good at developing players. 

• Haha 1

Just now, HarmStrong said:

I think Oladipo and Elfrid.have shown the Magic aren't exactly good at developing players. 

oh i am a magic fan i know what ya mean lol

redonkulous 

but i legit thought the knicks would give him a shot, i praised that signing by them