J.T. Marlin

Kevin Love 2018-19 Season Outlook

Yeah it was a bad sign that they didn't give a timetable during the last update. Now the clock is running because the trade deadline is February 7th, and if he hasn't played by then, he probably stays in Cleveland.  

If he stays in Cleveland his per-game numbers will be good but you can be sure he will have a minutes cap, no back to backs, and is a serious risk for early shutdown.

On 11/16/2018 at 12:54 AM, yeet said:

Just before ASG would mean he gets roughly 3.5 months of rest when the original timeline was 1 to 1.5 months.

Called it 

19 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

I’m dropping him.  Can’t afford him clogging up an IR spot anymore.

I’ve sent a few low end trades to sell him.. if I don’t have any luck I will have to drop as well... absolutely killing me especially with LeBron out.

Just now, Padilla814 said:

I’ve sent a few low end trades to sell him.. if I don’t have any luck I will have to drop as well... absolutely killing me especially with LeBron out.

Same situation here.  I’ve got LeBron on my bench because I can’t put him on IR.  No one took any of my trade offers either that were low end.

Bye Kevin!

Posted (edited)

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2019/01/kevin_love_unsure_of_when_he_w.html

"I think just kind of go with the symptoms," Love said. "Like if I'm feeling anything we'll just kind of keep it at that pace, just a progression from here. But I think I'll get more of an idea of that over the next couple weeks and then from there there will be even more progression and get out on the court. I don't know when I'll be able to go one on one, two on two, three on three, but I think that's all part of the next few weeks I'd say."

"I would just hope to come back whether it be right before All-Star break, after All-Star break just things to start trending in the right direction and give the fans and this organization some hope for better times that are going to be here."

It appears Love's return will coincide with the NBA trade deadline, which is Feb. 7. By rule, he can't officially be traded until Jan. 24 -- six months after signing his new deal. But his name has once again surfaced in trade rumors

Edited by akund

Man I know Cleveland wants him on the court before 2/7, its hard enough to trade that contract. Impossible if he's not seen the court since November.

As mentioned by a user before, they don’t need to showcase him. It’s kevin love. Teams know what they’re getting. If he gets traded slightly before the deadline, I suspect he’ll finish his rehab with the new team. Otherwise, things look bleak on the Cavs front.

I managed to trade him +1 for a top 5 pick. If you’re looking for a trade partner, find someone in the top 1-3 of your league that’s banking on additional help in the playoffs.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

As mentioned by a user before, they don’t need to showcase him. It’s kevin love. Teams know what they’re getting. If he gets traded slightly before the deadline, I suspect he’ll finish his rehab with the new team. Otherwise, things look bleak on the Cavs front.

I managed to trade him +1 for a top 5 pick. If you’re looking for a trade partner, find someone in the top 1-3 of your league that’s banking on additional help in the playoffs.

They absolutely do need to showcase him if they want to maximize their returns. Nobody is doubting the talent of a healthy Kevin Love, but teams will want to see that he is indeed healthy and capable of playing at that level before giving up a lot for him

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Same situation here.  I’ve got LeBron on my bench because I can’t put him on IR.  No one took any of my trade offers either that were low end.

Bye Kevin!

I may be stuck having to grab Nance or Ariza off of the waiver wire.. can’t be waiting all season for Love. Injuries are killing me right now.

3 hours ago, jiiiggz said:

Called it 

yup you did

1 hour ago, Padilla814 said:

I may be stuck having to grab Nance or Ariza off of the waiver wire.. can’t be waiting all season for Love. Injuries are killing me right now.

Give me both of those guys over Love

3 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Surprised that nance or ARIZA would be on WW

8 team league... people always adding and dropping people during the week.  WCJ was just dropped today... 

2 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

Which magical make believe wire is this ??

• Haha 2

Man I’m torn. Such a nice playoff schedule with 4-4-4. I hate to think he’ll be shut down before then. Anyone holding tight or is every owner in here looking to sell?

There’s no value to sell in my league at this point I’m just hanging tight to see, but I’ve just had him hanging out on the IR all year since drafting. If he does come back I’m going to ride roughshod over my league (already managed to grind my way to 2nd despite losing Love and LaVert and trading into injured players like Mirotic), so it’s worth the chance unless I’m hurting for the spot 

1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Man I’m torn. Such a nice playoff schedule with 4-4-4. I hate to think he’ll be shut down before then. Anyone holding tight or is every owner in here looking to sell?

I had the same mindset going in. The 4-4-4 is just money especially on that garbage team. Alternatively, rumors of him landing with the Jazz (4-4-3) or Nuggets (3-4-4) kept me from trading him. I packaged him and made out on top, I believe. I don't think the stress of him possibly getting shut down or not playing at all is worth the perceived pot of gold at the end of the season.

3 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

8 team league... people always adding and dropping people during the week.  WCJ was just dropped today... 

Wait you're holding Bagley and Tristan when Ariza is on the wire?

5 hours ago, richg24 said:

he's not gonna play this season. 

he’ll be back post asb 

book it 

38 minutes ago, akund said:

Wait you're holding Bagley and Tristan when Ariza is on the wire?

None of these 3 are must owns in an 8 teamer.  I'd give up if I had to roster Ariza in an 8 teamer.

3 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

I had the same mindset going in. The 4-4-4 is just money especially on that garbage team. Alternatively, rumors of him landing with the Jazz (4-4-3) or Nuggets (3-4-4) kept me from trading him. I packaged him and made out on top, I believe. I don't think the stress of him possibly getting shut down or not playing at all is worth the perceived pot of gold at the end of the season.

Cleveland does not have a 4-4-4 the rest of the season you guys. Not sure where you are seeing that.

4 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

I'm holding him non-IR, but currently have a good enough team around him to squeak into the playoffs most likely.  He's just too good of a player where if he gets traded or somehow manages to not get shutdown that worst case I'll turn his spot into a streamer come fantasy playoffs.