J.T. Marlin

Kevin Love 2018-19 Season Outlook

15 minutes ago, yeet said:

This guy played 6 minutes and he's done for the night...

Did they say why? This week is a wash for me since AD and gallo were out but I’m not trying to have 2 weeks of <20 min restriction 

Kevin Love will not return on Friday night.
It's just a precaution with Love being out for 50 games. He played just six minutes, making 1-of-5 from the field for four points with one rebound, one assist and one foul. He is not going to play on Saturday, so his fantasy owners could be in for a bumpy ride to get to the break. Still, it should be worth it. Feb 8 - 7:57 PM

Barring a setback he'll probably be back to a normal allotment post ASB.  It's good to at least see him progressing through recovery.  No one should have expected him to put up anywhere close to a normal statistical performance after returning post 3.5 months.  

17 minutes ago, Kriggly said:
Kevin Love will not return on Friday night.
It's just a precaution with Love being out for 50 games. He played just six minutes, making 1-of-5 from the field for four points with one rebound, one assist and one foul. He is not going to play on Saturday, so his fantasy owners could be in for a bumpy ride to get to the break. Still, it should be worth it. Feb 8 - 7:57 PM

Barring a setback he'll probably be back to a normal allotment post ASB.  It's good to at least see him progressing through recovery.  No one should have expected him to put up anywhere close to a normal statistical performance after returning post 3.5 months.  

But we also didn't expect him to play 6 mins... Why even bother playing?

2 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

I just hope yahoo gives him INJ status asap lol

It's already back, get him back on the IR before they change their mind

10 minutes ago, Crazycanto said:

It's already back, get him back on the IR before they change their mind

can't move them while game is active

He will be the go to option. They looked terrible today with no offense, they need Cedi and love back 

Him listed at GTD again locks anyone's FA adds until you activate him for some nice 5 minutes of production.

A bit of an annoyance, wishful thinking they'd just stick the INJ tag until the Cavs decide to give him at least 20 min. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Crazycanto said:

wishful thinking they'd just stick the INJ tag until the Cavs decide to give him at least 20 min. 

I get that they can't do that, but the Cavs are being such cocks about this.  He doesn't play for three months, then you play him six minutes, then you rest him the next day?  Either he's ready to play or not, stop the ******** madness.

s--- like this has me feeling nostalgic for the 90s.  I didn't play fantasy then (obviously? I guess I was old enough but with dial up internet how could that be fun?) but can you imagine?  Players are either hurt or they're ******** playing!  Wow! What a time to be alive!!!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

I get that they can't do that, but the Cavs are being such cocks about this.  He doesn't play for three months, then you play him six minutes, then you rest him the next day?  Either he's ready to play or not, stop the ******** madness.

s--- like this has me feeling nostalgic for the 90s.  I didn't play fantasy then (obviously? I guess I was old enough but with dial up internet how could that be fun?) but can you imagine?  Players are either hurt or they're ******** playing!  Wow! What a time to be alive!!!!!

Millenials, dude. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Scene: Establishing shot, exterior, dive bar in Philadelphia on a snowy January night, 1995

Interior shot: two guys sitting at the bar

Frank: Hey Mike, do you know if Karl Malone is playing tonight?  The Jazz are playing the Rockets, and I have him on my fantasy team.

Mike: I dunno, I can't check my smartphone cause it won't be invented for like 13 years still and ESPN doesn't have a scroll on the bottom of the screen yet either, I don't think.  But he's not hurt, so yeah he's ******** playing.

Frank: Thanks.

End scene

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just got Klove in my keeper league for 2nd rnd pick + Sato and his 4-4-4 schedule.

I'm not sure he is even worth the headache this year is he? Is he even going to be up to speed in 2-3 weeks from now? In redraft I dont know if he is rosterable in any league.

7 minutes ago, molski said:

I'm not sure he is even worth the headache this year is he? Is he even going to be up to speed in 2-3 weeks from now? In redraft I dont know if he is rosterable in any league.

With CLE tanking, not looking good for Love. Still, if you have IL, or are going to PO's even without one, easy call to wait a bit and see. If you're slipping out of the PO's, then it's of course more tricky. But are there any good pickups from the trade window aftermath even left by now... Maybe there's a guy like Markieff or someone similar who has been cut, but has some speculative upside.

I've waited the whole damn season (drafted him and held him on the IR) imma see what he can do in a full slate of minutes before making any decisions

4 minutes ago, Jub Jub said:

12 minutes expected tonight

I'm expecting him to be back at a full slate of minutes post ASB