J.T. Marlin

Kevin Love 2018-19 Season Outlook

Never drafting him again. Funny how Rotoworld blurbs said he could be a top-10 player this year to now saying sell high.

Moral of the story here is don’t invest a high draft pick in old players on really bad teams. There is just way to much risk in the investment cost and you will never profit on this type of one in today’s NBA. 

• Like 3

His value has been fine so far other than the expected FG% hit (as long as this foot thing isn't more serious), and IMO he's a perfect candidate for a first third of a the season 2 for 1 that nets you a Buy Low 2nd rounder (or depending on the 2nd player a Buy Low 1st rounder). I just need that inevitable string of 4-5 games with 20+pts 12+reb out of position assists and treys and the offers will fly 

I guess the question other than when to try and sell high, is if his foot injury is serious?

I love K-Love, but we'll never see that Minnesota version again because he is 30 years old, lost a lot of weight and some athleticism too.

Back then bigs who shoot 3s and rebound were an aberration, today is normal. 

I believe that he has top 20 upside, and that's why I chose him as my 3rd keeper for this season. 

???

OK this isn't an happy ending, since I always had him in one of my teams, I know for sure that he will miss a bunch of games, (shutdown or injury) in the freaking fantasy playoffs!

So since now he was being hyped like the Love from 2013 I saw a great chance to trade him for a surefire top 30/20ish guy (KEMBA!) before, I SAID BEFORE, the season started.

I knew about the red flag of getting shutdown towards the end of the year but i wasn't expecting him sitting this early due to injuries. This foot injury seems like something that will linger ALLLLL season since it was already bothering him in preseason as well. Players are so soft when it comes to injuries (besides Dolla Dame). How do you not want to gut these minor things out, where is the competitive spirit? 

Man i'm really regretting this pick.  

At least it's the second night of a back to back and not a game where he's already well rested.

Think he will be fine.

Out again? It has to be “secretive” plantar fasciitis. I’m not buying it as tank mode, he arguably makes them worse at this time with his inefficiency & lack of defense.

I saw the “perfect” trade for him at this time in one of my leagues.  Otto Porter for Kevin Love. ?

Why did the Cavs even sign him to a 4 year deal if they're just gonna tank anyway lol

I'm not overly concerned about him sitting all the time, but it certainly isn't a good sign. 

The annoying thing about Love is if you're punting fg%/block (one of the easiest, most fun, and most productive punt sets), Love is incredibly unique and, to but it blatantly, good.  So whenever you draft Harden or Lillard, sometimes when you draft Westbrook, etc: Love is your dude that you're eyeing in the third round.  So him predictably getting hurt every year is that much more annoying, because there's not many big men that do what he does.

6 hours ago, yeet said:

Why did the Cavs even sign him to a 4 year deal if they're just gonna tank anyway lol

Cavs have to sell tickets somehow. Osman, good, Sexton lineup is not that appealing lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Cavs have to sell tickets somehow. Osman, good, Sexton lineup is not that appealing lol

This aspect could be a saviour (fantasy wise). Love keeps on putting up empty stats (hopefully reverting back closer to the Minnesota days), and is thus a bigger draw for selling tickets. Without him, don't see them competing and they don't have much to get excited about from a spectators POV. His health concerns combined with a lottery hunt a likely issue though. Occasional rests.

10 minutes ago, monkeysennin said:

What impact does Lue getting fired have on Love ROS?

crystal ball cmt GIF by The Ed Bassmaster Show

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, monkeysennin said:

What impact does Lue getting fired have on Love ROS?

Not good for me....

Fired Lue seems like It’s probably time for the Cavs to rebuild and put to his doghouse for some trades or cut lot of guys like Jr Smith / G.Hill / Thompson / K-Love...

Edited by 23_gaby_23

4 minutes ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

Not good for me....

Fired Lue seems like It’s probably time for the Cavs to rebuild and put to his doghouse for some trades or cut lot of guys like Jr Smith / G.Hill / Thompson / K-Love...

Hmm don't think the organization would just cut a guy they committed 120 mil to. If anything, they will play Love more and try to be competitive, which Lue couldn't capitalize on

• Like 1

If the organization truly wants to rebuild, they'll have to play love to sell him to other teams. 

If they wanna sell tickets, he's their only star so he plays either way. 

I'm worried they'll be blown out often and he sits fourth quarters plus this early season injury. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, monkeysennin said:

Hmm don't think the organization would just cut a guy they committed 120 mil to. If anything, they will play Love more and try to be competitive, which Lue couldn't capitalize on

This organization has been a disaster for many years. It is just coming to light now. Love won't grind through a season where they are lottery bound. It just won't happen. He is definitely a trade candidate. His contract is going to be tough to deal, but the Cavs will have to realize they are going back to the #1 draft pick well to screw that up again. If it wasn't for Lebron this organization would be considered the Sacramento Kings of the midwest. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, monkeysennin said:

« Cut » for some guys like JR Smith...

I don’t think that K-Love will be a Cavs after the all stars break...Probably a trade after some good games ...

With Lue, K-Love received all green lights. So, I don’t know how he can get more opportunity ...He need to stay heathly and it’s THE big problem...