J.T. Marlin

Kevin Love 2018-19 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, krupocin said:

Yes...guy who is ranked #19 for some who might barely play unless he is traded 

Kevin Love is a 2nd-3rd rounder and is currently slated to be back in 6 weeks......

There will be at least another 10 Bjelica level players that pop up on the wire by seasons end.

Don't make that mistake my dude.

On 11/3/2018 at 1:43 AM, krupocin said:

Yes...guy who is ranked #19 for some who might barely play unless he is traded 

Do you think Bjelica is going to be 19th on the year? If yes, make the trade. If not, why even bring it up? Bjelica won't be top 50 and probably not even top 75 this year. 

Can we please leave this thread alone until we hear some news about his injury? Y'all getting my hopes up lmao

• Haha 2

Strongly debating whether to trade Buddy Hield for him, even if he weren’t to be traded he’d still be a solid top 75 wouldn’t he?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RYDC said:

Strongly debating whether to trade Buddy Hield for him, even if he weren’t to be traded he’d still be a solid top 75 wouldn’t he?

Love? He's easily top 30 this season when healthy.

I say that because usage is questionable if he’s not traded since Cleveland will focus on development in people like Nance. 75 is a stretch but I don’t know if he can reach top 30 even if he’s healthy in a tanking season

22 minutes ago, knoxville said:

will be shut down if he stays on the cavs

This term "shut down" is used a lot without much meaning behind it. Players rarely get shutdown if they're not injured. Cavs are paying him $30m a year and they still have tickets to sell.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, yeet said:

This term "shut down" is used a lot without much meaning behind it. Players rarely get shutdown if they're not injured. Cavs are paying him $30m a year and they still have tickets to sell.

One of the biggest mystery to this season is how Kevin Love will respond. He can possibly win or lose you a championship. I assume he’s cleaning his body up and possibly give the Cavs all he has, He has appeal and is marketable in Ohio, as he was in Minnesota. If he didn’t get hurt , Sexton, Nance, and Cedi/ clarkson hood won’t get the proper experience with Love commanding the offense , he’s the leader of the team and you need your troops to be ready for battle. Or I could be wrong and they just trade him for 1st round picks ?

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, yeet said:

exactly

theyre paying him wayyy too much for that

they will either try to build a decent team around him or showcase him for a trade 

period 

3 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

exactly

theyre paying him wayyy too much for that

they will either try to build a decent team around him or showcase him for a trade 

period 

That could be true to a certain extent, but once you feel like a player has showcased enough you could easily end up with a Tyreke Evans dnp situation especially with how injury prone this guy is

1 hour ago, RYDC said:

That could be true to a certain extent, but once you feel like a player has showcased enough you could easily end up with a Tyreke Evans dnp situation especially with how injury prone this guy is

Tyreke was a pending free agent. Love just resigned for multiple years. Huge difference.

Love is a Cav for many more years and a part of the future until he is traded. So if the trade deadline passes are you suggesting they rest him to trade him before next seasons trade deadline? Love is a known commodity and anything less than a major leg injury doesn't really change his value after the trade deadline. He is an aging stretch 4 that doesn't protect the rim. 

• Like 3

I agree to the extend they have tickets to sell and shutdown is not likely.

However, considering his past health issues and the willingness from the Cavs to absolute TANK to get the best possible pick next year? I don't see the Cavs pushing Love to come back unless he's fully 110% healthy.

I see him coming back just before the ASG, with them treating him with kid gloves with plenty of b2b rests

1 minute ago, jiiiggz said:

I agree to the extend they have tickets to sell and shutdown is not likely.

However, considering his past health issues and the willingness from the Cavs to absolute TANK to get the best possible pick next year? I don't see the Cavs pushing Love to come back unless he's fully 110% healthy.

I see him coming back just before the ASG, with them treating him with kid gloves with plenty of b2b rests

Just before ASG would mean he gets roughly 3.5 months of rest when the original timeline was 1 to 1.5 months.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I honestly don't see a shutdown scenario unless Love suffers another injury.  

That said, I'd say the odds that Love is still a Cav after the deadline are very slim. And if he goes to a good team he may be more of Cavs-with-LeBron Love rather than TWolves Love.

1 minute ago, Eltoro said:

I honestly don't see a shutdown scenario unless Love suffers another injury.  

That said, I'd say the odds that Love is still a Cav after the deadline are very slim. And if he goes to a good team he may be more of Cavs-with-LeBron Love rather than TWolves Love.

I would still take that. I just want him to play.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

I would still take that. I just want him to play.

Yup. At this point, just give me his last year numbers or even a little less.

• Like 2

I want to offload this damaged commodity but I'm getting little more than pocket lint offered in return.  Whole league has become allergic to Love.