Sign in to follow this  
Dark One

Final Keeper (keep 4 H2H 16 team standard 9-cat)

Posted (edited)

Looking for some preliminary opinions on my final keeper in a 4 keeper ultra competitive Yahoo 16 team H2H standard 9-cat league.

My no brainer keepers:

PG/SG James Harden

C Karl-Anthony Towns

PG Damian Lillard

My final pick will likely be from the following:

SF/SG Gary Harris
SF/PG/SG Josh Richardson

PF/C Jarrett Allen

SF Taurean Prince

I also have PF/C Al Horford, SF/SG Josh Jackson, PF/C Willie Cauley-Stein and PF/C Larry Nance, Jr. but figure the above four choices would likely be stronger long term keepers.

Right now I'm really torn between Harris/Richardson/Allen. With Allen's sudden opportunity this year he could really emerge as a breakout option at positions without a lot of depth (particularly in blocks), but Harris has such good percentages and Richardson is such a good all around player. Very tough decision. My guess is Harris is going to be the highest ranked player when Yahoo opens the game in a month or two, so that could potentially sway my opinion, though I'm sure none of Harris/Richardson/Allen would make it to me at pick #15 (came in 2nd last year and we draft in the reverse order of the final standings). Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited by Dark One

thats a tough one. i would write one of their names (Gazz Harris, Josh Rich and Jarrett) on each side of a triangle, spin a bottle and whatever it lands on i'd keep. 

• Haha 1

Josh Jackson, people forget he was long seen as the guy to go number 1 in the draft & he finished really strong last season. 

• Like 1

Interesting - I'm a fan of his potential, though the efficiency just doesn't seem strong enough (at least not yet). He did shoot better down the stretch (averaging 45% in March and April), but he's a drain on your FT% and the TO's were up towards the end. Not sure if the addition of Bridges will help or hurt him yet either (though the addition of Ayton may help get him better looks). I think he stands a better chance of lasting until the end of the first round or later in my league (giving me a better chance of reacquiring than some of my other choices for 4th keeper). Thanks for the suggestion though - it is an interesting zig when most folks would zag.

• Like 1

No problem! Freak athlete of the highest order, and if it all comes together for him which it's likely imo his breakout will blow minds.

You have three of my potential keepers, but I'm going to respond with the one I DON'T have: Richardson. I think it depends on what your team build is going to be, especially for H2H, but if it were a roto league I don't think this would be a question. My second choice would be Harris, then third would be Allen who I view as another "raw" candidate this upcoming season and someone you could potentially snag with your second or even third rounder... not sure what your league values when you say "competitive" b/c I don't think he'll be worth higher than a mid-round by end of the season. So IMO, snagging him in the 3rd round is reaching for someone you want.... 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 11:52 AM, G1nsbergB3ats said:

You have three of my potential keepers, but I'm going to respond with the one I DON'T have: Richardson. I think it depends on what your team build is going to be, especially for H2H, but if it were a roto league I don't think this would be a question. My second choice would be Harris, then third would be Allen who I view as another "raw" candidate this upcoming season and someone you could potentially snag with your second or even third rounder... not sure what your league values when you say "competitive" b/c I don't think he'll be worth higher than a mid-round by end of the season. So IMO, snagging him in the 3rd round is reaching for someone you want.... 

Thanks for your thoughts - Richardson is definitely being strongly considered for sure. By competitive, I mean I'm in a league where at least 8-9 other mangers are elite fantasy players and are well versed in where values are trending and where huge opportunities lie. If Allen is a particularly buzzy name in the pre-season, he'll be taken earlier than this ranking might suggest. It is an extremely savvy group.