• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Sign in to follow this  
young_styler

NBA Summer League 2018 Discussion Thread

Trae Young playing like garbage so far, 0-8. Jaren Jackson looking good 3-4 from deep and solid defense. 

• Like 1

Bam Adebayo tho. I'm convinced he's not human.

• Like 1

JJJ jumpshot looks weird though. Should I be scared about that form?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rob0403 said:

JJJ jumpshot looks weird though. Should I be scared about that form?

It's weird but quick. I want to wait and see what happens here, clearly his shot isn't broken but let's see if this can carry over to a couple more games. I'm not sold but great start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greatestmetfan said:

It's weird but quick. I want to wait and see what happens here, clearly his shot isn't broken but let's see if this can carry over to a couple more games. I'm not sold but great start.

Yeah I am not sold on his jump shot either but we will see what happens on his next 2 games. The scouting report said correctly that his 3pt shot was good when his feet are set. That seemed to be the case with the shots in this game.

He starts his jump shot with the ball in front of his face right now.

Jacob Evans is the truth. Nothing flashy about his game. He's just a ball player. The only Warrior I care about. Serious. 

42 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

The only Warrior I care about. Serious. 

Forgot to put some respect on Jordan Bell's name as he's balling out yet again. Blasphemy. I deserved to be lynched

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Jordan Bell put up a terrific line yesterday. Hoping he gets all the minutes he can handle before boogie's ready, dream case scenario is he solidifies himself as the starting center with Boogie playing back-up. It's not out of the realm of possibility as putting less pressure on Boogie's injury equates to more Bell minutes, just needs to seize the opportunity. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Auction>Snake said:

Jordan Bell put up a terrific line yesterday. Hoping he gets all the minutes he can handle before boogie's ready, dream case scenario is he solidifies himself as the starting center with Boogie playing back-up. It's not out of the realm of possibility as putting less pressure on Boogie's injury equates to more Bell minutes, just needs to seize the opportunity. 

What about Kevon Looney's return on a minimum deal ?

Darrick White looking like a sophomore breakout candidate. 

Bagley, Giles and JJJ all looked impressive. And then not so much.

Trae Young is going to get his sh*t pushed back a lot in the NBA, but has some nice passing skills. Don't think he'll be very efficient at all (or effficient on very low volumes as a roleplayer).

1 hour ago, Nene said:

Darrick White looking like a sophomore breakout candidate. 

Bagley, Giles and JJJ all looked impressive. And then not so much.

Trae Young is going to get his sh*t pushed back a lot in the NBA, but has some nice passing skills. Don't think he'll be very efficient at all (or effficient on very low volumes as a roleplayer).

Did you get a look at Georges Niang? He seems to be a making some noise.

De'Aaron Fox is out of the summer league because of his Achilles issue. Seriously this kid is only starting his second year but already has an injury prone reputation.  I am not drafting him this year but someone probably will overpay for him due to his upside on a bad team.

3 hours ago, rob0403 said:

Did you get a look at Georges Niang? He seems to be a making some noise.

Yeah followed him last year as well. Hes talented and can do a lot but dont see him getting any minutes in Utah. Theyve got incredible depth.

3 hours ago, rob0403 said:

De'Aaron Fox is out of the summer league because of his Achilles issue. Seriously this kid is only starting his second year but already has an injury prone reputation.  I am not drafting him this year but someone probably will overpay for him due to his upside on a bad team.

This is all speculation but my sense is that injury is either nonexistent or not serious at all.

He looked like a man among boys in his 1 summer league game, and I think Vlade decided he had seen enough, let the other young guys play. 

I would not be surprised if he gets 15 pts, 4 reb, 6 ast, 1.5 stl this year, largely due to increased PT. As a fan I hope he hits some threes, but who knows.

Trae Young looks like he doesn't even belong in summer league, much less the nba . Maybe he's just in a really bad slump but he hasn't shown any reason to believe he's going to be able to succeed. Weak and unathletic, if his shot isn't dropping, he's basically useless. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, young_styler said:

Trae Young looks like he doesn't even belong in summer league, much less the nba . Maybe he's just in a really bad slump but he hasn't shown any reason to believe he's going to be able to succeed. Weak and unathletic, if his shot isn't dropping, he's basically useless. 

real real bad 

How did Donovan Mitchel look in summer league last year? I can't remember.

Just for reference

2 hours ago, young_styler said:

Poor Man Brandon Jennings.

On 7/5/2018 at 12:12 AM, Auction>Snake said:

How long is Boogie out? 

Lonnie Walker looking nice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, young_styler said:

Bagley was trash too. Kings and Hawks gonna look back wondering why the hell they passed on Doncic/JJJ

• Like 1