Sign in to follow this  
young_styler

NBA Summer League 2018 Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, littlesamtung said:

Curry summer league performance:

5b3f0cd180050_FireShotCapture227-PlayerRankingsIBasket_-https___basketballmonster.com_PlayerRankings_aspx.jpg.6c25adc9b1661fce612b2780de869791.jpg

Never compare to outliers.

38 minutes ago, Nene said:

Never compare to outliers.

I disagree, I'll take all the info I can get.

Thanks for sharing.

Posted (edited)

Furk alert ?? Dropped a smooth 40 on 'em tonight. Maybe he can fill the belinelli slot this year.

Edited by young_styler

if you will base summer league performance strictly based on numbers, that will be very inaccurate. When analyzing rookies in summer league, you look way beyond numbers. You have to watch the actual game and not just look at the box score to have a feel about the rookie.

Ex: KAT. KAT was so so in summer league if you just look at the box score, but if you watched him play, you will know how advanced he is in his post game esp for a rookie. He made very good decisions he knew when to attack, when to pass.

Many rookies struggle in summer league and main adjustment they have to make is the speed of the NBA game, they get tired easily.

On 7/5/2018 at 6:50 PM, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Poor Man Brandon Jennings.

The comp I was thinking for Trae was JJ Barea.   JJ Barea is better at this point in time.  

Ayton looks like an average big man

Wendell Carter with 5 blks already

Trae Youngs been brutal but i’ve noticed a few positives that let me know he has a chance at succeeding in the league.

As weak as he is, his ability to draw fouls is as good as ive seen from anyone coming out of the draft in recent years. Great passer too, makes solid reads out of the pick & roll, and can move defenders with his eyes to find the open man. Wasn’t sure if his high assists numbers would translate from college but I can tell that part of his game is legit.

Whether or not he can improve his shot selection and get stronger remains to be seen. This guy is allergic to shooting 3s anywhere near that 3pt line.

1 hour ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Trae Youngs been brutal but i’ve noticed a few positives that let me know he has a chance at succeeding in the league.

As weak as he is, his ability to draw fouls is as good as ive seen from anyone coming out of the draft in recent years. Great passer too, makes solid reads out of the pick & roll, and can move defenders with his eyes to find the open man. Wasn’t sure if his high assists numbers would translate from college but I can tell that part of his game is legit.

Whether or not he can improve his shot selection and get stronger remains to be seen. This guy is allergic to shooting 3s anywhere near that 3pt line.

Is he just a young Isaiah Thomas then? Except Trae needs some time to find his shot again.

12 hours ago, kane said:

Wendell Carter with 5 blks already

Kings really gonna end up drafting the 2nd best big from that Duke team lol

8 hours ago, rob0403 said:

Is he just a young Isaiah Thomas then? Except Trae needs some time to find his shot again.

Scoring wise I agree with that. Just like IT, Young finds a way to get to the rim despite how small he is.

I’d say give the kid some time, Hes crafty around the rim and I think his finishing will come around.

If Shroeder gets dealt and trae young is running the show I could see 16/3/7 with a couple steals and 39/82 with alot of FT attempts. Could be extremely valuable in alot of builds

Knox looks smooth as silk with the ball in his hands

51 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

Knox looks smooth as silk with the ball in his hands

damn you weren't kidding. he looks good based on this clip.

Colin Sexton is the De’Aaron fox that we deserved.

• Confused 1